"Breaking News" during Sportscenter

Good.... I thought I was the only one that was starting to be bothered by this
laugh.gif

I'll see breaking news, thinking something just happened, and then realize I've known this for hours.

Best ESPN Breaking News headline ever... during the Bonds chase for the record...

BREAKING NEWS: Bonds: 0-0, BB

laugh.gif

90% of the rest of MLB teams you get almost no daily or weekly news, then the Yanks you get breaking stories on their damn lineup.....then their owners' comments, Jeter's thoughts on the economy, Hal's thoughts on Jeter's thoughts, ARod talked to Peter Gammons exclusively on ESPN, did you know the Sox and Yanks hate each other?, and Joe Torre's thoughts on the last season he managed the Yanks.
laugh.gif

Everyone knows ESPN is pretty damn bad.
Originally Posted by DaJoka004

You think ESPN is bad? Try CNN. Every time Obama talks it is breaking news. A SCHEDULED speech or news conference is not breaking news.
Fox News is bad about that too! Irks me!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Brian Kenny and Jay Harris are THOROUGHLY UNAPPRECIATED

Worse SC anchors of all time....
Nah, it's that droopy-eyed Stuart Scott, Kenny Mayne, Trey Wingo, that loser that says "winner, winner, chicken dinner", and othersI can't think of right now.

JR5

Breaking news!

Jonathan Coachman works for SC now? ... i didnt know this until i was watching it couple of nights ago.. since when?
laugh.gif

Its annoying watching this dude..

Yea me too like recently with Manny Ramirez it had something about the Dodgers owner or gm saying that contract negotiations are becoming longer but no dealyet.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

SC is where your average fan gets their news... not everyone is on a sports message board or scours espn.com for hours during the day...

If uncle John the casual fan gets some breaking news that happened earlier in the day and he doesnt mind...

i really prefer espnews over sportscenter now. you get pretty much all the highlights, but not as much in depth analysis. i really watch it for the highlightsthough...i can make my own analysis.

Sorry to bump this...

But why is Terrell Owens NOT reporting to VOLUNTARY workouts considered breaking news??

I'm so sick of that station and their agenda against specific players.

I'm sure T.O. isn't the only vet in the NFL who won't be showing up to voluntary workouts.

Yet his decision to not attend is worth a "breaking news".
eyes.gif

^Agreed. With Owens they have decided (years ago) that anything that happens with him will be taken as news. Anything.

Arod now is in this class as is anything Yankee related.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Sorry to bump this...

But why is Terrell Owens NOT reporting to VOLUNTARY workouts considered breaking news??

I'm so sick of that station and their agenda against specific players.

I'm sure T.O. isn't the only vet in the NFL who won't be showing up to voluntary workouts.

Yet his decision to not attend is worth a "breaking news".
eyes.gif

I was going to make a thread regarding this before I went to class this morning. ESPN is a joke.

Key word Voluntary. That network has no integrity.

Not trying to thread jack or anything but I want to know why TO is a scapegoat and one of the most hated dudes in sports while Shaq is beloved and supposedlycan do no wrong. That #@%$ always irked me. I guess some of it is due to the media and how they portray the 2

I can't wait to wake up on Saturday morning and see "breaking news, Jay Cutler to the Bears" still scrolling across my screen.

Back
Top Bottom