Breaking News , GADHAFI DEAD .....

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Nothing like arm chair foreign policy analysts 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Osama is not dead yet you can't prove he's alive, like just shut up. Keep living your live thinking everything in life is a conspiracy, you are no more a sheep than the people who believe everything placed in front of them.

Anyways, this was great in showing the US doesn't always have to be the leader in these missions, we'd be having more success in the Middle East if more coalition efforts were put forth. 
Don't get it twisted, the US led the way. US led the NATO bombings... yes those are US not NATO drones dropping bombs.  US Special Operators were/are on the ground assisting if not leading the rebels. Weapons, armor, intel, food, medical supplies were provided by the US.  $900+ million dollars has been spent by the US in this war so it's ridiculous to think the US isn't at the forefront of this war.    

Posted at 09:42 AM ET, 08/23/2011[h1]Libya war costs for U.S.: $896 million so far[/h1]
By Jason Ukman

U.S. involvement in the war in Libya cost American taxpayers an estimated $896 million through July 31, according to the Pentagon.

Whether that makes the mission a huge drain on the budget in tough fiscal times or a relatively cheap price to pay to protect Libyan civilians depends on your point of view.

In Afghanistan, the military is seeking $107 billion for the next fiscal year. That makes the annual cost of operations there about 100 times what the United States spent in Libya over four months.

And now that the man is dead, guess which country's defense contractors are going to lead in the reconstruction efforts including sucking the country dry of it's oil? Haliburton ring the bell? 

Funny how kids in here who didn't know a thing about Gaddafi or Libya watch a couple of news reports or read a couple of articles and are suddenly experts on the situation.

Let's see how great of a place Libya becomes after this.
Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Obama 
pimp.gif

Dude has oversaw the deaths of two of the worst terrorizing people on earth. Thought democratic presidents were soft on killing, HA.

What ?
As far as I know Netanyahu is still alive, and we're still giving him guns and money.

I dont feel bad for this dude at all, after what he did to his own people. However I hope the country takes a turn for the better.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I dont feel bad for this dude at all, after what he did to his own people.

Agree.

So if it was the Libyan forces that captured him and killed him, Why are dudes giving props to Obama?
nerd.gif

JD214 wrote:
So if it was the Libyan forces that captured him and killed him, Why are dudes giving props to Obama?
nerd.gif

If it wasn't for the NATO Coalition airstrikes, training to Libyan rebels, and supply Gaddafi would still control 95% of his country and still be alive. 

I have very mixed feelings about all this. I despise all of the Arab/Middle Eastern dictators that ever lived. Good to see him gone due to all the bloodshed he caused under his reign and oppressing his people. However, the other side of the coin is how despite he was one of the biggest enemies of the West, they did make amends with him and channeled for him millions of dollars. Hate the hypocrisy and how these Western powers are such full of %%#@ talking about terrorism and support for terrorism when they are the biggest supporters of it themselves and pick and choose who to support to push their agendas and their interests.

It makes me cringe that there was external meddling in this.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, can anyone elaborate on how he oppressed his people? I understand the want for democracy after being in power for 42 years. Was it violent oppression, or a neglect by not re-investing in his country and letting his people live in poverty?

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

At the risk of sounding ignorant, can anyone elaborate on how he oppressed his people? I understand the want for democracy after being in power for 42 years. Was it violent oppression, or a neglect by not re-investing in his country and letting his people live in poverty?

How much is Gaddafi worth? I would of cut a deal with U.S. and made a wax figure & be str8 chilling somewhere in Africa
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by prymone

umm why are you guys acting like obama was behind this?

libyan goons ran this

Using French, German, British, and US air-strikes, right?
Or CIA "consultants?" 

Or hand-fuls of US "operatives?"

Now, the US did play more of a background role on this one...but lets not front like all this stuff wasn't going on back in March. 
laugh.gif

No this is crazy talk everyone must believe American media. Remember back when we was going at it with Russia and they were calling people communist ?

Crazy turn of events, can't believe an Econ professor from my university became the finance minister for the rebels. Dude must be feeling pretty happy right now

Back
Top Bottom