Brees breaks Marino's Record

GreenNGold89

formerly bbllplaya23
I know there is an NFL QB thread but I felt like this deserved it's own thread. 
Congrats to Drew.
pimp.gif

I know it's a different era/game but he earned this. Can't believe he did this after barely falling short a couple years ago. 

Congrats to drew.
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at him fronting like he didn't know he was close at the end thought
laugh.gif
fool ur up by 20 something points with 4 mins left on first down and you're throwing from the gun.
laugh.gif
don't get all humble on us now. Smh!

Well deserved and impressive. I would have liked to see it done 10 years ago though. I despise what the NFL has done to defenses. 

I wonder how much he'll play the last game.

Brady is less than 200 yards away from surpassing Marino's mark as well.

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

I wonder how much he'll play the last game.

Brady is less than 200 yards away from surpassing Marino's mark as well.
Brady has to play hard on sunday to gain home field advantage so i think he may pass it aswell

It'd be a blessing if god brady passed it too considering he doesn't get to play in a dome 9 times a year like brees

now if someone can just go 19-0 and we'll never have to hear from the 72 dolphins or marino again.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

now if someone can just go 19-0 and we'll never have to hear from the 72 dolphins or marino again.
pimp.gif

Not sure why I sense Dolphin hate, but nonetheless congrats to Brees
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

It'd be a blessing if god brady passed it too considering he doesn't get to play in a dome 9 times a year like brees

Yeah and about 2500 of Brady's yards are off dump offs and bubble screens where the receivers do all the work.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Yeah and about 2500 of Brady's yards are off dump offs and bubble screens where the receivers do all the work.

not to defend tackle dummy #12 ... but wouldn't it be the exact same for Brees?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

30t6p3b.gif
at him fronting like he didn't know he was close at the end thought
laugh.gif
fool ur up by 20 something points with 4 mins left on first down and you're throwing from the gun.
laugh.gif
don't get all humble on us now. Smh!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
word...he was clearly gunning for that mark

congrats nonetheless...doing it on a TD too
pimp.gif

How ironic a Dolphins record gets broken by the guy the team passed up for Daunte Culpepper
laugh.gif

Props to Brees though, I don't care what the rules are in today's game. Those numbers STILL aren't easy

It's a shame I'm not impressed by passing numbers anymore. Screw you NFL and your biases. That said Brees is a great QB and this is still a good accomplishment

I guess Marino played in an era where they only played on a 50 yard field and were only allowed to pass a certain amount of times? Did he run for any of his passing yards? Were the WR's only allowed to catch a certain amount of passes?

Originally Posted by dreClark

I guess Marino played in an era where they only played on a 50 yard field and were only allowed to pass a certain amount of times? Did he run for any of his passing yards? Were the WR's only allowed to catch a certain amount of passes?

Yes, no, and yes.

I forgot they played @ a time where you could throw for 1,000 yards on one play. I miss that era.

#RealManFootball

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Nako XL

not to defend tackle dummy #12 ... but wouldn't it be the exact same for Brees?
nerd.gif

yup.  and marino too.  he had one of the best yac WRs ever in mark duper.

my point being these "well he played in a ____ arguments are dumb."

Congrats to Breezy. Classy pro athelete. Shout out to AJ Smith for taking a QB in the draft & not putting your future in Breezy.

Back
Top Bottom