362-564, 64.2 %, 5,084 yards, 48 TDs, 17 INTs, 9.0 Y/A, 14.0 Y/C
1984 NFL Average
288-512, 56.4 %, 3,294 yards, 22 TDs, 21 INTs, 7.1 Y/A, 12.7 Y/C

Brees*
440-622, 70.7 %, 5,087 yards, 41 TDs, 13 INTs, 8.2 Y/A, 11.6 Y/C
2011 NFL Average*
305-509, 60.0 %, 3,431 yards, 22 TDs, 15 INTs, 7.2 Y/A, 12.0 Y/C

*15 games

so brees needed 58 more attempts and 78 more completions to get 3 more yards.

brees has 113 attempts over the the nfl average, marino has 42 more attempts than the fields average.

if you throw it that much more than everyone else, you're eventually gonna smash the record right? *shrugs*

congrats to Drew Breezy.

and congrats to Dante Culpepper for winning his 8th straight Employee of the Month at Dominos
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by do work son

brees has 113 attempts over the the nfl average, marino has 42 more attempts than the fields average.

if you throw it that much more than everyone else, you're eventually gonna smash the record right? *shrugs*
Hell yeah. I remember when Drew Bledsoe broke the NFL record for most passing attempts in one season.

The way he demolished Marino's record
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He beat it by -500 yards

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by do work son

Rodgers *projected* stats using Brees' number of attempts BEFORE last nights game and Rodgers current Completion % and Yards Per Attempt of 9.2.

398/583, 5392, 68.2%, 9.2 YPA, 52 TD, 7 INT, 122 QB rating

With 622 ATT it'd be about 5750.

Of course this is a flawed system but it does not change the fact that Rodgers has done what hes done with the 2nd FEWEST Offensive possessions in the league.

Brees broke the record, so why are we discussing Aaron Rodgers again? I'm personally a fan of both guys, but this isn't the MVP thread.

Personally, I think Brees is having a more impressive season than Rodgers and I like both guys. But the Packers receivers are better top to bottom, with the exception of Colston and Graham.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Brees broke the record, so why are we discussing Aaron Rodgers again? I'm personally a fan of both guys, but this isn't the MVP thread.

Personally, I think Brees is having a more impressive season than Rodgers and I like both guys. But the Packers receivers are better top to bottom, with the exception of Colston and Graham.

Eh, you know how these threads work... Its inevitable.

I still think its interesting to point out the sheer amount of times Brees throws.... Sproles can take a ton of credit for the role he plays in that offense contributing to this record.

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
do work son wrote:

Rodgers *projected* stats using Brees' number of attempts BEFORE last nights game and Rodgers current Completion % and Yards Per Attempt of 9.2.

398/583, 5392, 68.2%, 9.2 YPA, 52 TD, 7 INT, 122 QB rating

With 622 ATT it'd be about 5750.

Of course this is a flawed system but it does not change the fact that Rodgers has done what hes done with the 2nd FEWEST Offensive possessions in the league.

This thread is about Drew Brees - the guy that just broke Dan Marino's record. Take this hypothetical stuff elsewhere, and appreciate the man.

Mannnnn ya'll are not fun at all...

Imma go post up in the NFL/QB thread. *Tracy Morgan dissappointed face*

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Marino
362-564, 64.2 %, 5,084 yards, 48 TDs, 17 INTs, 9.0 Y/A, 14.0 Y/C
1984 NFL Average
288-512, 56.4 %, 3,294 yards, 22 TDs, 21 INTs, 7.1 Y/A, 12.7 Y/C

Brees*
440-622, 70.7 %, 5,087 yards, 41 TDs, 13 INTs, 8.2 Y/A, 11.6 Y/C
2011 NFL Average*
305-509, 60.0 %, 3,431 yards, 22 TDs, 15 INTs, 7.2 Y/A, 12.0 Y/C

*15 games

Therefore, Marino's season was more impressive. Dead serious.

Well there are numerous reasons why Dan's was more impressive but still whta Drew did is great.

I love Brees's game, and congrats to him...
but what makes Marino's record more impressive is how he had the record with FAR fewer attempts, a lot less weapons on offense, and in his first TRUE full season.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by DT43

relative to the rest of the league, Rodgers season has impressed me more. his TD-INT, accuracy, everything has just been insane this year. he probably won't break 5000, but i'm sure he could have had he not been pulled in some games. Brees has been gunning for it ever since that season a couple years back when he came close.

Drew Brees - 70.7%
Aaron Rodgers - 68.3%
Rodgers had him beat on accuracy up until the KC game. So many drops. Nothing about Brees this year has been better than Rodgers. Nothing.
Come up for air

Back
Top Bottom