Brent Grimes > Darrelle Revis

Originally Posted by emkay

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Roddy could get 0 catches in this game and it wont help make Revis the DPOY...

Revis > Woodson
Different kinds of corners bud. Wood isnt asked to lock down a #1 every week.

Woodson does it all, dont be mad when hes DPOY and Revis is sitting on his island by himself.

and FTR... id take Woodson every single time (at age 33 no less...)

Revis > Woodson

Woodson does it all, dont be mad when hes DPOY and Revis is sitting on his island by himself.

But asking Revis to lock down a #1 every week, and he does, "FTR", is not enough to win DPOY? I think it is.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Revis > Woodson

But asking Revis to lock down a #1 every week, and he does, "FTR", is not enough to win DPOY? I think it is.
How many awards does Nnamdi have?

?

Im not saying he isnt good, because I do think hes a top CB no question... But you dont win DPOY without a stat line... and im not talking about stats likebeing thrown to or even Pass DEF.

Woodson's made game changing INT's, FF's, and tackles this year... and he shines in primetime. Ill take Revis if i need a guy to be 1v1 withMoss... but ill take Wood in just about every other situation.

Nnamdi doesn't play to get stats, he just makes sure his man doesn't touch that football.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Roddy White ain't gonna touch 60 yards.
If you lose this weekend, you can blame it on Revis
laugh.gif

Revis > Woodson

?

Im not saying he isnt good, because I do think hes a top CB no question... But you dont win DPOY without a stat line... and im not talking about stats like being thrown to or even Pass DEF.

Woodson's made game changing INT's, FF's, and tackles this year... and he shines in primetime. Ill take Revis if i need a guy to be 1v1 with Moss... but ill take Wood in just about every other situation.
INT's are an overrated stat (see: Kerry Rhodes). Plus you talk about tackling, Revis is one of the best tackling DB's in football.

Revis > Woodson

?

Im not saying he isnt good, because I do think hes a top CB no question... But you dont win DPOY without a stat line... and im not talking about stats like being thrown to or even Pass DEF.

Woodson's made game changing INT's, FF's, and tackles this year... and he shines in primetime. Ill take Revis if i need a guy to be 1v1 with Moss... but ill take Wood in just about every other situation.
INT's are an overrated stat (see: Kerry Rhodes). Plus you talk about tackling, Revis is one of the best tackling DB's in football.
If INT's aren't overrated, Revis has 6. And I agree on one of the best tackling CB's in football. He plays full speed on every play,and doesn't let up. He is all over the field, whether it is making the tackle, or defending a receiver.

To think Roddy White is going to have a great game, at this point in the season, is funny. Revis has consistently been shutting down #1 receivers literallysicne Week 1 against the Texans and Andre Johnson. What makes you think Wite is going to have a good game, especially if Matt Ryan doesn't play (even if hedoes, he's hurting), or if Redman is QB (he had 300+ yards last week, I know, but our defense is much different than the Saints).

Revis > Woodson
2e2l7ro.jpg

Dudes in here acting like C-Wood ain't one of the best tackling corners himself. !#$+ outta here.

A lot of Jets/Revis fans are gonna be disappointed when Chuck is hoisting up that trophy.

I'ma Jets fan, Revis is my favorite Jet and C Wood is prolly my all-time favorite player. With that said, Woodson deserves the Defensive MVP this year, hehas been making things happen for that team every sunday. Revis is a better corner, but Woodson is a better football player, plus at age 33, his IQ his beyondRevis though. Either way there both top 5 corners at the elast.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Revis > Woodson
2e2l7ro.jpg

Dudes in here acting like C-Wood ain't one of the best tackling corners himself. !#$+ outta here.

A lot of Jets/Revis fans are gonna be disappointed when Chuck is hoisting up that trophy.

It wouldnt be the first time Woodson took a trophy he didnt deserve

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Check the resume:

Andre Johnson - wrapped.
Marques Colston - wrapped.
Moss - wrapped (twice)
T.O. - wrapped
Smitty - wrapped... and I won't even count that fluke TD
laugh.gif

Antonio Bryant - wrapped

What makes you think Roddy's time ain't coming?

Back
Top Bottom