Breonna Taylor

A grand jury only requires a simple majority to issue an indictment.
Since grand juries normally approve virtually every indictment prosecutors present them with, I wonder if the AG never offered them anything beyond this grossly watered down indictment in the first place. Using the secrecy of the grand jury process, the AG can then try to pass the buck to the jury.

He probably did what most AGs/DAS do in similar cases (Mike Brown, etc) where you put up the most pro police case you can (remember they are supposed to advocate for the victim not the cops) and the jury has no choice. Grand jury proceedings are different than normal proceedings. It is the jury, the judge and the prosecutor. No other lawyers are allowed to rebut and no cameras are allowed.

You gotta show up and vote. In most cities, chiefs of police are appointed by elected Mayors and Prosecutors work for elected District Attorneys. Both DA's and Mayors are a local vote and that vote has much more power on your every day life than the Prez.

True but you also need to vote to hold the Mayor and City Council accountable by changing the laws to get rid of qualified immunity. No excuse that Louisville tax payers have to pay $12 million for corrupt cops. That $12 million should come from them and their pensions.

I saw it coming as soon as the convened a grand jury.

Grand juries are using the way these prosecutors use to let cops off but act like they pursued justice.
Grand jury secrecy laws effectively allow the prosecution to lie about what they presented to the jury and nobody can legally contradict it. The prosecution could say they unsuccessfully presented a murder charge, act like they really tried their hardest, when in reality they only offered up a watered down slap on the wrist indictment so they could control the jury's decision.

Different angle...
stephen-samuel-l-jackson-dans-django-unchained_scaledown_450.jpg

Yea you guys are right. Let's not flood the system with right & like minded individuals.

Let's quote with Republican photos and keep their kind alive with their foot on our necks and no charges against them.

Nice photo quotes gentleman.

A grand jury only requires a simple majority to issue an indictment.
Since grand juries normally approve virtually every indictment prosecutors present them with, I wonder if the AG never offered them anything beyond this grossly watered down indictment in the first place. Using the secrecy of the grand jury process, the AG can then try to pass the buck to the jury.

Cameron had no interest in holding them cops accountable. Goes against the status quo, and he’s not the man for that.

Yea you guys are right. Let's not flood the system with right & like minded individuals.

Let's quote with Republican photos and keep their kind alive with their foot on our necks and no charges against them.

Nice photo quotes gentleman.
You kinda lost me fam. I can't tell where the sarcastic is and isn't in your post.

Cameron had no interest in holding them cops accountable. Goes against the status quo, and he’s not the man for that.

Yup he basically was saying that he just gave them whatever evidence they had and let them decide what to do instead of doing a specific charge and having them decide to proceed with the indictment based on said evidence. That's *** backwards.

So we pay for the lawsuits and their overtime and no true indictment. How powerful are these police unions? Truly untouchable. Back of my head says cops want this to happen and continue. Zero accountability or loss on their end. Only gains. $80/hour to monitor the 'evil'. They want it.

Back
Top Bottom