Bring on the Snow Northeast...picked up my new whip!

I love the styling on the Evoque. I don't understand how its a girly SUV though.I think it looks Robocop tough.

Here we go with ninjahood stating opinions are facts.
laugh.gif
I guess he's credible cause he got Porsche money sitting in his room.

Of course he coudve gotten X car instead, but you could say that for ANY pickup. "Why you get the Accord? Might as well gotten a used TSX." "Why you get a non SS Camaro?" "Why you got the 328i instead of the 335i?"

Bammas.
laugh.gif

Anywhos, Stillin my dude thats a great pickup. Dudes really hating on a Range?
laugh.gif
Personally, I think the Evoque is mean, in my building garage theres a black one and its a real eye catcher. Dude who drives it is a middle aged MMA looking nurse dude, I think he used to have an old Wrangler.

I was told this when I was looking for a car some years back. Buy the car that you want, because you don't want to be making payments on something you're unhappy with.

he opened it up for discussion when he decided to make a thread about it, noone is hating either,people are just simply naming the cons along with those people giving props to him.

if he hadnt bought the car and was just asking if he should go with this car, would you still consider comments made by say, ninja hood as hate? 

i wouldnt, i wouldve also done my research instead of buying something just for the brand name.

How are cons relevant? He already bought the car. Are you making the payments? If he makes a mistake, it's his mistake.

He had a previous thread, one I took part in where he asked for advice. This is part two.

And why are you assuming he didn't do his research?

You dudes need to spend all this effort in to getting all these cars you're telling him what to get. He's a grown man. If he gets a Jeep or whatever, are any of you going to help him if it breaks down?

Here we go with ninjahood stating opinions are facts. :lol: I guess he's credible cause he got Porsche money sitting in his room.

Of course he coudve gotten X car instead, but you could say that for ANY pickup. "Why you get the Accord? Might as well gotten a used TSX." "Why you get a non SS Camaro?" "Why you got the 328i instead of the 335i?"

Bammas. :lol:

Anywhos, Stillin my dude thats a great pickup. Dudes really hating on a Range? :lol: Personally, I think the Evoque is mean, in my building garage theres a black one and its a real eye catcher. Dude who drives it is a middle aged MMA looking nurse dude, I think he used to have an old Wrangler.

A lot of funny style dudes up here.

Thinking they're experts on a car because they read someone elses opinion in Car & Driver :smh:

Freeky Zekey on the Harlem mentality from his sneaker news interview:

"Dudes in Harlem will be dead broke but still have 4 racks on em from dey shoes to dey socks, to dey belt, to dey shirt, to dey jacket."

Something like that, but cmon ninja. You cant be buying an 02 Range, slap some rims on it and think youre doing it. You gonna be like that broke rapper with the 7 series with all the dash lights on it.

Here we go with ninjahood stating opinions are facts. :lol: I guess he's credible cause he got Porsche money sitting in his room.

Bammas. :lol:

Anywhos, Stillin my dude thats a great pickup. Dudes really hating on a Range? :lol: Personally, I think the Evoque is mean, in my building garage theres a black one and its a real eye catcher. Dude who drives it is a middle aged MMA looking nurse dude, I think he used to have an old Wrangler.

thanks man; I expected once Ninjahood hit the thread it would go downhill but it was anticipated :lol:

and Land Rover is marketing this year's model more towards males which is why they have those ads during NFL games

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Bammas.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Personally, I think the Evoque is mean, in my building garage theres a black one and its a real eye catcher. Dude who drives it is a middle aged MMA looking nurse dude, I think he used to have an old Wrangler.
thanks man; I expected once Ninjahood hit the thread it would go downhill but it was anticipated
laugh.gif

and Land Rover is marketing this year's model more towards males which is why they have those ads during NFL games
Lol @ the first two comments on that video. Hope you leased it because once its outta warranty good luck.

45k He couldve got...
E350
IS-F
c63 AMG
m3
535i
srt8 jeep
Audi s5 or s4
09 S550
LS460
GL550
Zo6
2012' A6
11' 550i BMW
2013 Lexus GS350
Range Rover Sport
Escalade
10' Audi a8
But clearly he wanted the Evoque. So hey..... its not like he couldnt afford any of the cars i listed above. Whatever you like get it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ this list

laugh.gif

Bammas.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thanks man; I expected once Ninjahood hit the thread it would go downhill but it was anticipated
laugh.gif

Anyone know that song in this commercial. I think its 
pimp.gif

Lol @ the first two comments on that video. Hope you leased it because once its outta warranty good luck.

TheYeomanDroid 3 days ago
Land Rover, please contact me before I contact the California Bureau of Automotive Repair and Consumer Affairs. My wife and I are sick of this constant revisiting to the dealership to fix your shoddy workmanship.
Reply ·

TheYeomanDroid 3 days ago
Well, round 5 this year! Again, our LR2's engine light came on. We are anxiously awaiting for our $1,000.00 repair bill. This is beyond aggravating. I am about to take the LR2, place it in front of the dealership with a big sign telling everybody to not buy a Land Rover and explain why with stickers all over it. We have lost over $3,000.00 this year for repairs. Fuel injectors at less than 50k, Fuel Pump, Battery, Software Flash Upgrades, etc. What could possibly be next? I'm afraid to find out.

:x

Nice car. I see those around here a bit and always think they look good - totally impractical for me though.

My favorite bit about this whole thing though is that you spent $45k to get something that will work in the snow? When you could have spent about $500 on wheels and tyres which would work almost as well.

If you just wanted the car that's fair enough but 4WD is overkill in most urban settings - and especially with low profile regular tyres isn't a lot better than anything else. 4 times zero is still zero - and remember that 4WD doesn't help you slow down.

It's all about the tyres - you wouldn't believe the difference proper winter tyres makes to a car.

Nice car. I see those around here a bit and always think they look good - totally impractical for me though.
My favorite bit about this whole thing though is that you spent $45k to get something that will work in the snow? When you could have spent about $500 on wheels and tyres which would work almost as well.
If you just wanted the car that's fair enough but 4WD is overkill in most urban settings - and especially with low profile regular tyres isn't a lot better than anything else. 4 times zero is still zero - and remember that 4WD doesn't help you slow down.
It's all about the tyres - you wouldn't believe the difference proper winter tyres makes to a car.

snow tires don't make much of a difference in the snow on a 370Z; a couple years ago I got stuck and had to leave the car and walk to a hotel...it was brutal

the Evoque is pretty good in the snow

The Evoque won out in every category I was looking for which were a nice pep with good gas mileage, good in bad weather, nice technology inside the car, the glass roof and overall looks.

I basically was down to the Grand Cherokee Limited or Altitude and the Evoque but knew I'd regret not getting my first choice

Last edited:
I can't knock your decision...

Don't feel bad about people knocking your choice. If you like your whip, be happy with it. Don't worry about anyone besides your wife, accountant, or financial advisors opinion on how you spend your money on an item. If it makes you happy, cop it, drive it, enjoy it.

I considered looking into one (simply cause I live in a city with very narrow roads, and it was very practical), but decided to go against it, because something else has caught my eye.

My girl is looking at scooping one up herself early 2013...(most likely in white)

I saw this image and showed her...her eyes lit up, so I might try and sort out a gift of rims for her sometime next year.

22 inch DPE's
22evq2.jpg

Last edited:
Dude posted his whip on a message board - you can't honestly expect all comments to be sunshine and daisies.

Ppl who say its ugly I just took it as hate honestly. An yea it looks even better with aftermarket wheels imo.

I love the styling on the Evoque. I don't understand how its a girly SUV though.I think it looks Robocop tough.
I love the styling too but almost any small car is going to be thought of as a girl car for the most part esp SUVs. If this was the same size as a regular range it wouldn't be that girly talk just the Ranges have problems talk. I like it but I go back and forth on would I want to buy one just because it is a 4cyl for almost 50k+ brand new and nicely loaded. Why I love the design I don't know if I want to pay that much for a 4banger but that design is nice to me. Another reason people might look at it as a girly car is that Victoria Beckham had a hand in designing the interior or something like that.

Not an SUV, but you don't need one if you aren't towing or hauling anything.
This thing is a very capable vehicle in all conditions.
Congrats OP, very very nice pick up.

How do you like the I-4 powerplant? Is there a huge gain in gas milage, and how does it feel like the torque is decent?

Last edited:
Ppl who say its ugly I just took it as hate honestly. An yea it looks even better with aftermarket wheels imo.
I remember when it first came out and someone made a thread, people didn't like the design. It's unique looking. Not for everyone.

Not an SUV, but you don't need one if you aren't towing or hauling anything.
This thing is a very capable vehicle in all conditions.
Congrats OP, very very nice pick up.
How do you like the I-4 powerplant? Is there a huge gain in gas milage, and how does it feel like the torque is decent?

I like it so far, it's pretty fast for what it is, you feel the torque once you put your foot down and it gets pretty good MPG which was a factor, averages out to about 23 MPG city/highway combined. I think the 0-60 time is like 7 seconds which is decent.

Good pick up Op :smokin

Also just got myself another blk/blk SUV a few days ago srt8 Cherokee :wink:

-how the ride

Last edited:
snow tires don't make much of a difference in the snow on a 370Z; a couple years ago I got stuck and had to leave the car and walk to a hotel...it was brutal

They really do. The tyres are by far the most important thing. Changing my tyres (planning that next Saturday) makes my car go from monumentally useless to practically as good as a warm summer day.

Friend of mine has a 335i which is probably as bad as your car - but with proper winter tyres it's good - not just adequate but actually good. YouTube is full of videos showing that.

I need to look into getting good winter tires. I've just never had a lot of money to spend on them because of the holidays :smh:. I should just tell people I don't celebrate Xmas anymore so I don't have to get presents for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom