Bring on the Snow Northeast...picked up my new whip!

We don't drive evoques we give em to baby mamas...
That's wifeys car....

Evoque becoming the new x5...just need hov to spit a line...

The evoque will not get you yambs (not that you got it in the first place)

Birds only give up the buns to ballers in sport or 80k range

OP thread back fired...dude came on here to stunt in the entry level range...something that he purchased for status of the rr logo...

Smh @ "starter kit range" "baby range rover" "rover jr"

Dudes is so disrespectful...

View media item 146486
View media item 146488

My girl bought this a few years back. Land Rover/Range Rover has bounced around from numerous owners this last decade. From Ford to Jaguar to whomever is running the show these days.

The car is pretty basic as far as options vs price tag. It catches peoples eyes (probably because of the bright *** color) and she gets compliments/noticed (I guess that what she was looking for with the purchase), but I wouldn't have copped this.

The maintenance is expensive and more frequent than one would like. It seems to be a lightning rod for accidents and people hitting it as of late, but what can you do. It handles well though and is a smooth ride.

Enjoy YOUR purchase and don't let people make you second guess your decision. If you have buyer's remorse, there is always next time.

We don't drive evoques we give em to baby mamas...
That's wifeys car....
Evoque becoming the new x5...just need hov to spit a line...
The evoque will not get you yambs (not that you got it in the first place)
Birds only give up the buns to ballers in sport or 80k range
OP thread back fired...dude came on here to stunt in the entry level range...something that he purchased for status of the rr logo...
Smh @ "starter kit range" "baby range rover" "rover jr"
Dudes is so disrespectful...

super reach.

some of it may be hate, some of us (like myself) just think the car looks :x regardless of price / status / logo.

its the car you like, cool.

personally, wouldve went with a Unlimited :pimp:

super reach.
some of it may be hate, some of us (like myself) just think the car looks :x regardless of price / status / logo.

exactly, I respect someone with an intelligent opinion...if you don't like the car that's personal preference and 100% respectable; there is never gonna be universal love for something, I shared the car because I got a lot of help from my fellow NTers when I was in the search stages.

it's clowns with Maybach in their screen name talking about needing approval from Hov to drive a car :lol:

exactly, I respect someone with an intelligent opinion...if you don't like the car that's personal preference and 100% respectable; there is never gonna be universal love for something, I shared the car because I got a lot of help from my fellow NTers when I was in the search stages.
it's clowns with Maybach in their screen name talking about needing approval from Hov to drive a car :lol:

if you dont mind.

did you end up paying MSRP or got a deal?

i know its a fairly new car.

^ I got a pretty good deal, MSRP on this model with the add ons was about $47k, I ended up paying $42k for it

I basically worked every dealer within 200 miles of me through the internet; a lot of places weren't giving much of a discount at all. I worked out a deal with Prestige in Paramus, NJ and I took the offer sheet to a few local dealers one last time and one budged and gave me the car for $42k which was also a higher price than the one in Paramus by about $1k.

Once I decided the Evoque over the Grand Cherokee then I spent the last month just working places left and right until I got the deal I wanted.

Last edited:
^ I got a pretty good deal, MSRP on this model with the add ons was about $47k, I ended up paying $42k for it
I basically worked every dealer within 200 miles of me through the internet; a lot of places weren't giving much of a discount at all. I worked out a deal with Prestige in Paramus, NJ and I took the offer sheet to a few local dealers one last time and one budged and gave me the car for $42k which was also a higher price than the one in Paramus by about $1k.
Once I decided the Evoque over the Grand Cherokee then I spent the last month just working places left and right until I got the deal I wanted.

ah ok, yea i know that dealer, i was smashing some chick in that area :lol:

Not bad, 5K off that for brand new car.

Come with any warranties ?

Obviously plans could change at anytime, but do you plan on keeping that car for the long run? I vaguely remember your original thread asking for opinions on a winter car, but don't really remember much of what anybody said. I'd imagine the reliability issues involved with Rovers had to have come up. Did any of that play into your decision?

I really didn't wanna drive to Paramus, it's two hours lol, I had a better deal worked on a silver but I just couldn't bring myself to like silver.

the warranty is 4 yrs or 50k miles.

Obviously plans could change at anytime, but do you plan on keeping that car for the long run? I vaguely remember your original thread asking for opinions on a winter car, but don't really remember much of what anybody said. I'd imagine the reliability issues involved with Rovers had to have come up. Did any of that play into your decision?

To me people blow the reliability issues with any car out of proportion, it's a new car under warranty. I can assure the people complaining about reliability are the ones leasing cars they can't afford. I'm not real concerned about reliability, ill prob keep it 4 years or so.

I really didn't wanna drive to Paramus, it's two hours lol, I had a better deal worked on a silver but I just couldn't bring myself to like silver.

the warranty is 4 yrs or 50k miles.

Silver is really got or miss with cars :lol: black is always the safe bet plus you can black it out or have small trim and be good with it. Only thing with black is that it gets filthy :x
Considering you said it's gonna be your winter whip prob only gonna put 20-30 miles on it if that and that's even pushing it.

4 year warranty, just trade it in for a new one 'once that warranty goes.

Prestige? Nice. My buddy is a tech there. He used to work at Jack Daniels. Loves it at Land Rover now. He's like I'm always working on something. lol

Anyways, again, enjoy the vehicle bro.

If you're only planning on four years then I guess reliability shouldn't be a huge issue with the warranty in place and all. *knocks on wood*

Even with a warranty, it is still no fun taking time off from work to take a vehicle over to the dealer and constantly be using loaners/rentals. Not saying you will have to do this or anything.

And what is the point of owning a car for only 3 to 4 years? You guys like being slaves to debt? Pay that thing off and don't fall victim to living a life with a car payment forever.

The thought of having a monthly car payment again is why I've been holding off on trading in my gas guzzling truck. Paid that thing off back in 08, and feels good to not have to put those couple hundred down every month.

super reach.

This is my line of thinking as well. Personally, I think the car looks awful, but it was OP's CHOICE to buy it. I'm not going to knock him for making this decision. It's one thing to not like what he bought b/c of the aesthetics, but it's another to hate on his purchase b/c of an obviously biased opinion. It's a sensible ride...just not for everyone. It's not like it's a candy coated impala w/ M&Ms all over it...

Even with a warranty, it is still no fun taking time off from work to take a vehicle over to the dealer and constantly be using loaners/rentals. Not saying you will have to do this or anything.
And what is the point of owning a car for only 3 to 4 years?

seriously

with that logic seems youd be better off leasing

its a range rover.............it was def have maintenance after warranty is up, if you plan to dump it after warranty leasing makes sense

Lolol buys range and says jeep will depreciate to quickly

I hope ur 5"9 or shorter... its basically a mini range. What the jeep liberty is to the cherokee

You couldve done better. You will be doin some lightweight stuntin i guess but IMO shoulda jus copped an optioned out highlander or muranonor fx or somethin

Maintainence n driving n purchase price woulda saved you thousands

Like the pick up, the Evoque is a nice compact SUV. Glad you finally decided on something I remember posting in the original thread. :smh: @ the range rover/stunting drones in here, a few comments is a discussion but its at troll level now.

Lolol buys range and says jeep will depreciate to quickly
I hope ur 5"9 or shorter... its basically a mini range. What the jeep liberty is to the cherokee

You couldve done better. You will be doin some lightweight stuntin i guess but IMO shoulda jus copped an optioned out highlander or muranonor fx or somethin
Maintainence n driving n purchase price woulda saved you thousands

#1 hater on Niketalk

You leased a Scion TC son

you got shut down in the other thread for calling people out asking for tagged pics of their whips when you ran your mouth

Lolwhat? You know not of what u speak..

I said i didnt believe some dude sayin his uncle dumped 50k into a gn... no pictures of the car ever surfaced....

Dont b mad at my opinion. Its your whip bro.

You keep tabs on my car history? Cute.

Back
Top Bottom