Broadcast of David Ortiz roast cancelled b/c of racist jokes...

So where should the line be drawn (if any) with roasts?

Let's say Gronk killed it w/ good material...like Jeff Ross type of quality...would folks be looking at this situation a little differently?
There will never be a clear line drawn in the sand unfortunately because it's all going to come down to subjectivity.

As already stated, comedians can say whatever they want but they have to be ready to hear that somebody was offended, thought it wasn't funny, loved it, or hated it. And they can decide what to do with that information.
Because when I think of realism the first thing that comes to mind is a Tarantino film. He said it in pulp fiction (set in the 90s) too btw. Miss me with that 'accuracy' BS; dudes a weirdo with a racial slur fetish.
I do find it a bit odd that Tarantino does find a way for him personally to drop the n-word. He didn't need to in Pulp Fiction but oddly enough opted out of saying it in Django. I don't know enough about him to call or think he's racist

He's got has a weird fetish for blacks the same way Spike has an odd fetish for Italians
laugh.gif

This like that episode of Fresh Prince when Lord Fowler comes to visit and Uncle Phil starts talking in a British accent.

Philip, why are you talking like that?

Like what?

That ridiculous British accent. Whenever you're around an English person, you slip right into it. The first three months Geoffrey was here, l could barely understand you.

Back
Top Bottom