BROOKLYN NETS Off-Season Thread - Welcome KG P2 and Jet

Look, Billy King can be judge however anyone wants to. The fact is all the guys he is talking about trading, were never his selections (Besides Jordan Williams)

King did not sign Farmar, Outlaw, Petro, and trade for Morrow. Rod Thorn made all those moves a week before leaving. (Thanks for the parting gift of Outlaw and Petro btw all these years later.......) Lets just see what happens

Breaking: Nets have traded Anthony Morrow Jordan Farmar, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson & 1st round pick for Joe Johnson. 

cmjav.jpg

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Now I'm hearing that The Nets will only make the trade if D-Will resigns... Chris Broussard siad that both teams agree that the deal will not be made official unless D-Will resigns

Wow I guess maybe I was wrong.
The Nets moved over the river but now seem to be inheriting the same "New York" managerial issues the Knicks have 
laugh.gif

Joe Johnson? 4 years, $90 million dollars left on the contract and they trade all of those assets without even getting Dwight Howard yet. This is crazy. You have to get Dwight Howard out the way before you think about Joe Johnson.

Now that the Nets look like they're signing Deron and traded for Joe Johnson, how in the world will they be able to afford Dwight?

New York Basketball 
laugh.gif

Dwight Howard has been out of the way. In fact, he took himself out by opting in. Dwight was always a long shot. Plus, who knows how is back is? That's a big risk in of itself.

We are going to be in the same division screwing each other up, inflating prices for years SMH.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Dwight Howard has been out of the way. In fact, he took himself out by opting in. Dwight was always a long shot. Plus, who knows how is back is? That's a big risk in of itself.

Yes, Dwight is mostly to blame for opting out however this is a top 5 talent. His back will be fine. His presence on the court alone is unparalleled, not to mention he wants to be in Brooklyn!!! Thats all he wants to do. Dwight came out and said today he would not sign for another team if traded and he wants to be a Net. You have to take care of him first.
Joe Johnson before D12? 
laugh.gif

On the contrary, if the Nets are behind the scenes figuring out loopholes to get D12 on a team with Joe Johnson and Deron Williams...
eek.gif

I just don't see how its possible now

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Yes, Dwight is mostly to blame for opting out however this is a top 5 talent. His back will be fine. His presence on the court alone is unparalleled, not to mention he wants to be in Brooklyn!!! Thats all he wants to do. Dwight came out and said today he would not sign for another team if traded and he wants to be a Net. You have to take care of him first.
Joe Johnson before D12? 
laugh.gif

On the contrary, if the Nets are behind the scenes figuring out loopholes to get D12 on a team with Joe Johnson and Deron Williams...
eek.gif

I just don't see how its possible now
Yeah this is weird.  At the moment with JJ the team is actually not bad, it's just Knick-like because they'll have lots of money committed with a team that's not going to win.  At the same time, I don't think they'll encounter quite the same chemistry issues.  Just a shortage of necessary talent.
If they do get Dwight, wow.  Would be a really nice core that fits perfectly together.  Three stars that play completely different roles, two who can really affect a game off the ball and make the game easier for their teammates, two elite scorers, one elite defender.  Makes wayy more sense than Melo, Tyson, and Amare.

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

Chris Broussard isnt a reliable source.

broussard reports the trade takes nets out of dwight deal. so...they got a really good chance, lol

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

Chris Broussard isnt a reliable source.

broussard reports the trade takes nets out of dwight deal. so...they got a really good chance, lol
laugh.gif

Touche but I don't think Broussard is coming in as a source, I think he's stating what he believes is the obvious and mathematically analyzing the Net's salary cap.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Wow I guess maybe I was wrong.
The Nets moved over the river but now seem to be inheriting the same "New York" managerial issues the Knicks have 
laugh.gif

Joe Johnson? 4 years, $90 million dollars left on the contract and they trade all of those assets without even getting Dwight Howard yet. This is crazy. You have to get Dwight Howard out the way before you think about Joe Johnson.

Now that the Nets look like they're signing Deron and traded for Joe Johnson, how in the world will they be able to afford Dwight?

New York Basketball 
laugh.gif
What assets? they traded a bunch of scrubs for an all star player... not a bad deal imo... the only reason its frowned upon because JJ is overpaid but lets not act like the nets didn't get better by making this move

The deal is horrible, but the team has to start somewhere. As a Warriors fan, I know how it feels to see a team get players that are overpaid. After sitting and thinking about the horrible contracts, it's easy to criticize, but the team has to win before they can become a title contender. Just be thankful that Johnson only has...

ok, just looked at his contract, damn. Feel bad for Nets fans if this trade finally happens
ohwell.gif

From a money standpoint, Im not a fan of these contracts we're taking on with Wallace first & now Joe Johnson. Money aside, It seems as though the Nets grew impatient with Orlando & just wanted to move forward. If our chances at Dwight were as slim as the recent reports have been saying, then we needed to do something. We couldn't wait another year for Dwight.

In my ideal world, I would've been a little more patient to see how the Orlando situation would've went, then tried making a move for Dwight & bringing in O.J. for the 2 spot. That would've been the best move for the Nets. If that didn't work out, the Joe Johnson deal would've been the backup option.

At the end of the day, if this is what we needed to do, then its an upgrade from our roster from this past season. If DWill stays, he will also be the first great PG Johnson has played with since Nash in PHX, so that should help out his game a lot.

Originally Posted by daprescription

ok, just looked at his contract, damn. Feel bad for Nets fans if this trade finally happens
ohwell.gif

Don't be. JJ fills a serious void left since VC left. So does Wallace. Plus there's still more cap space.

Even though Howard wanted Brooklyn, I dont think the Nyets had the pieces to get it done. In light of that, I like this deal. They need good players, not the ****bums they just gave up in the Joe Johnson deal.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

From a money standpoint, Im not a fan of these contracts we're taking on with Wallace first & now Joe Johnson. Money aside, It seems as though the Nets grew impatient with Orlando & just wanted to move forward. If our chances at Dwight were as slim as the recent reports have been saying, then we needed to do something. We couldn't wait another year for Dwight.

In my ideal world, I would've been a little more patient to see how the Orlando situation would've went, then tried making a move for Dwight & bringing in O.J. for the 2 spot. That would've been the best move for the Nets. If that didn't work out, the Joe Johnson deal would've been the backup option.

At the end of the day, if this is what we needed to do, then its an upgrade from our roster from this past season. If DWill stays, he will also be the first great PG Johnson has played with since Nash in PHX, so that should help out his game a lot.
Yea I just don't understand. Top priority would have been to sign Deron Williams, worry about Dwight and Joe Johnson after. They made this trade right after signing Gerald Wallace for $40 million, it's just so odd. Nets and Dwight both had a ton of leverage on the Magic. I'm in disbelief. 
Dwight to Brooklyn should have been a cake walk.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

truuu

“@NYDNInterNets: There may come a time Atlanta goes w/ the Petro, J Williams, Stevenson, Morrow, Farmar lineup; and I will think of Avery Johnson "battling"

roll.gif
they shoulda just waited for Dwight

Joe Johnson is the most overpaid athlete in professional sports. This is not a good trade. I mean its reasonable if it keeps Daron but tough call

Back
Top Bottom