BROOKLYN NETS Off-Season Thread - Welcome KG P2 and Jet

Man that's a bad logo.

Despite being a life long die hard Knicks fan since this team has moved to my borough I'd at least like to see the team be good and competitive. I'd like for them to scrap the whole squad and coach except for Brooks, Green, and Humphries. I don't think they're gonna be able to resign DWill so try and make moves in FA and trade for a few guys. I've been thinking Goran Dragic to be starting pg (I just want to see dude play more) and if ATL really is gonna break up their core after this year trade for Josh Smith or Joe Johnson and then move from there. Hire somebody better than Avery. Maybe Sloan will make the trip to BK or Isaiah Thomas (sabotage)

( yuku sucks right now 
indifferent.gif
)

And just for the purpose:

Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Jason Collins, Vince Carter all playing in the playoffs for their respective teams.

I have a question... how long is it gonna take for this team to build a fan base?
Is this stadium down the block from me just to give us something to do when we are bored? Or can't afford Knicks tix?

Seriously ... people are not gonna religiously pay tolls to come to Brooklyn.
The new York city area belongs to the Knicks. So most die hard fans who live here won't attend. That's like Yankees fans going to Mets games.

What's really gonna happen here? It's gonna take YEARS to get people to defect over.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I have a question... how long is it gonna take for this team to build a fan base?
Is this stadium down the block from me just to give us something to do when we are bored? Or can't afford Knicks tix?

The new York city area belongs to the Knicks. So most die hard fans who live here won't attend. That's like Yankees fans going to Mets games.

What's really gonna happen here? It's gonna take YEARS to get people to defect over.
ALL of this.

I live 10-15min walking distance from the place
laugh.gif
, def going to games knowing they'll be cheaper than the Knicks tix.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by throwback1718

ALL of this.

I live 10-15min walking distance from the place
laugh.gif
, def going to games knowing they'll be cheaper than the Knicks tix.
Think ya'll are underestimating the amount of bandwagon fans they're going to be able to garner by virtue of location and being new. Yankees have a HUGE fan base yet there's still plenty of room for a big Mets fan base. I can see the Nets being the same. While they won't run the town people will flock to them if they put on a decent show. Nice new arena in a nice area will get some attention. The gentrification crowd might even embrace them. And there's also those noisy !@$ Brooklyn heads who will support anything Brooklyn lol. I guess we'll see though. I just think people should stop shrugging them off like they are going to be completely insignificant.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

lol where's THEGR8? he usually has something to say 
laugh.gif
I haven't seen him in awhile. He never failed to troll in any of our season threads over the years. 
laugh.gif

IDK about that. All they need is one good superstar player and they are set IMO. BK Rides HARD for their borough and this isn't far from the city at all. They will always be # 2 based off nostalgia and the knicks history but they will be selling out very soon.

Hell i wouldnt be surprised if they try to sabotage the knicks plans and throw big money at Lin... that alone will have them sold out

If we have a good team out on the court every night I think people will show up. If DWill stays, we're moving in the right direction. If he leaves this offseason, we have a lot of work to do.
laugh.gif

I don't see the Nets winning any Knick fans over, but I do see us building a good fan base if we can put a good team on the court.

Back
Top Bottom