Brooklyn Nets official thread: 20-21 season

in an elimination game where the Nets lost by 3, Claxton missed 10 free throws...consecutively. Bruce score 2 points.

I probably wouldn't be upset or surprised if the Nets don't bring Kyrie back, as long as KD is cool with it. Yeah Kyrie does some good things on the court but it's his off the court **** that pisses you off. Then in the post game he's talking about sitting down with the team to figure out what to do for next season........:rolleyes :lol:

Nets somehow got 2 headcases on the team with him and Ben Simmons, who wasn't even on the bench last night :rolleyes

KD and KI still getting roasted by fans and the media today.

giphy (84).gif

AS THEY SHOULD. :stoneface:

Yup. Nash, Marks, KD, Kyrie, Simmons, the whole team needs to be roasted. This unprecedented season could've been avoided but alas.

I know Joe Tsai ain't too thrilled about all this. Some suspect heads will roll and some fans wants Nash and Marks gone. Idk about that.

Two years with KD playing and we've never seen the team whole and with no BS. I don't wanna see a third. They can't just shut the **** up and ball

'sonds' like Nash aint goin nowhere, maybe he does deserve 1 more year
Marks in it for the long haul, we all kinda figured tht though

'sonds' like Nash aint goin nowhere, maybe he does deserve 1 more year
Marks in it for the long haul, we all kinda figured tht though

You know, I’m good with Nash and Marks staying, the last thing the cornerstone needs is instability. Now, with that said, they need to really look at who needs to stay, and who it’s time to move on from. No more homeboys(talking to you Deandre Jordan). I wouldn’t mind if Blake and LMA stayed, I do have a problem though if they’re healthy and aren’t playing. Maybe Joe Harris coming back healthy helps, maybe Ben plays, maybe Seth gets more touches, you get him via trade, and he’s left out there on an island like he isn’t a capable, at least a more capable shooter/scorer than Patty. Patty is good, but c’mon, it’s Seth. I hope they hold on to Drummond, he rebounds and can score in the paint. I don’t know…… a lot of what ifs going in.

im hearing Drum gone
BG is likin posts that hint at him going back to the Clips
REALLY gotta try and develop Clax, who, and ima probably wrong here is the only cat on the roster who they actually drafted ?!?!?!? IS THIS TRUE ?????????
look how any cats that lest say Boston drafted are still there. no substitute for longevity

it would be nice to start the season fully healthy, Seth would benefit more than anyone from ' familiarity'

LMA NO minutes in the playoffs STILL has me heated, WTF ?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

like KD said, gonna be a real real interesting off season

FWIW , the TEAM PLANE was photographed on the tarmac in San Juan INTL Airport, so SOME cats decided to celebrate in Puerto Rico , bless em

Kyrie catchin more heat than eye even imagined, WOW

BTW I LOVE THE MARK JACKSON CALL FOR HEAD COACH, jus sayin

pray dog.jpg

Honestly, the season overall was a disaster but I looked forward to coming to this thread after every single game, win or lose. EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT , you were GREAT at posting content and keeping the thread moving. I gave your "hyper ***" a tough time at the beginning and I apologize for that bc that type of energy is EXACTLY what I ended up appreciating the most. :lol:

I ended up agreeing with you waaayyyyy more often than not. Salute.

K krazy88s art vandelay art vandelay aepps20 aepps20 I know you guys have been around for a minute and it was dope to see even more new names like N NickyPreme jumping in here to keep the thread on page 1. That was the main goal for the season, to show that the Nets have real fans who are able to keep a season thread relevant. No tumbleweeds. :lol:

So I appreciate the loyalty from longtime fans such as yourselves. Salute.

Hopefully, the thread continues to grow. If I forgot any names, no shade. I just have a bad memory and don't know how to easily search names who have posted this season. :lol:

Honestly, the season overall was a disaster but I looked forward to coming to this thread after every single game, win or lose. EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT , you were GREAT at posting content and keeping the thread moving. I gave your "hyper ***" a tough time at the beginning and I apologize for that bc that type of energy is EXACTLY what I ended up appreciating the most. :lol:

I ended up agreeing with you waaayyyyy more often than not. Salute.

K krazy88s art vandelay art vandelay aepps20 aepps20 I know you guys have been around for a minute and it was dope to see even more new names like N NickyPreme jumping in here to keep the thread on page 1. That was the main goal for the season, to show that the Nets have real fans who are able to keep a season thread relevant. No tumbleweeds. :lol:

So I appreciate the loyalty from longtime fans such as yourselves. Salute.

Hopefully, the thread continues to grow. If I forgot any names, no shade. I just have a bad memory and don't know how to easily search names who have posted this season. :lol:
Glad to be in da trenches with you.

if only they could keep Cam, Kess, Dayron, and DDJ around for a LONG WHILE, well then wed need shades if you will

The picture of JFK as an old man with the writing " JFK - IF KD WAS THE SHOOTER" is now bothering me, funny AF, but bothersome

Covid numbers rising again in China, even starting to see some where I work again, SOOOOOOO ..................... well, not even gonna go there, but eye bet KD wouldnt be so supportive if it all went down again

SIR SHUGES non eed to ever apologize for passion, PLUS you humbled my *** early on and YOU helped keep the positivity going, woulda turned into a bigger disaster here than with the team !!! TRUTH

it was a ish show of a season BUT....................ISNT IT ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN ??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

oh and DEAR MR HARDEN, godspeed to you, yeah thats right I said it !

after the draft we can start a fresh thread I guess,, and.................IF BEN10 is still around Nets World will be funnier than watchin Seinfeld. maybe Ben could sell latex in his down time, ya heard

As for the team itself, I read the letter from Marks and I figured he'd be back. Ditto for Nash. Kind of hard for them to justify firing a newbie coach who had to navigate through a lot of obstacles this season, one being poor roster construction. We may not see it, but I'm sure he's learned a lot as a coach and will get a chance to really prove himself next year. It also helps his case that he seems to have the star player's support.

So for right now, I'm good with Nash and Marks staying even if just for the sake of stability like art vandelay art vandelay said.

The flameout was one of the worst I've suffered as a fan of any team I support. Not mad at the effort or the strategy or anything specific. For me, it was a combination of EVERYTHING. The expectations were what they were because KD and Kyrie are THAT good. But the juju or the energy on the team this year was off.

If we have to keep it alllllllll the way 100, I love Kyrie as a player and I truly support his unique views on life and the world as a human being, but the mandates/vax issue set the tone for the entire season. Not here to debate if he should or shouldn't have. It's water under the bridge at this point. But regardless of what side you're on, I think it's safe to say not having one of your best players available and having to suddenly adapt to that made the season tougher. Even Kyrie himself finally acknowledged that.

The trickle effect is that it put KD in a super awkward position of having to be supportive of his boy PLUS having to carry more of a load for the team during the season. He was also forced to pick sides between KI and Harden and the fact that KD allegedly got his agent to talk to the org about bringing Kyrie back was probably the final straw for Harden. The team became splintered and never recovered.

In retrospect, I really can't be mad at Harden. He still quit on 2 teams and I'll never be a fan of his but dude wants a title and saw the bull**** brewing in the Nets org and was smart enough to GTF out. I know Nets fans want to see him fail like the Nets did but I'm over sending negative energy his way. He saw the ****ery before any of us did. :ohwell:

Finally, I really hated the way J Johnson got cut right before the playoffs. That was a bit of a scumbag move and it's part of the bad juju/karma I was referring to. They cut him without letting him get an opportunity to sign with another team for the playoffs. Yeah, it's a business. But the Nets could have been more classy about that. Unless he tried to holla at Clara Wu Tsai, I don't know what the purpose of doing him dirty like that was. Because KD and him bumped heads? Ehhhhh.

Also negative energy in how vets like LMA and BG and Millsap were treated. As others have said, how can you attract vet FAs if that's all you can afford to sign to the roster and they see how you have treated other vets in the past?

KD at the start of the season was phenomenal as a leader. I had nothing but praise for him all year. But you could see through the course of the season that he became more and more abrasive towards his teammates. Everybody leads in their own way but it's hard to take the lead guy seriously if he's screaming at everybody EXCEPT his boy who's the one that actually got the ball rolling on the difficulties of the season.

Once you tie yourself to Kyrie, whether you are KD or Sean Marks, you have to accept that there'll be some extra **** to deal with. As a fan? I want him back. As a part of ownership? I'd strongly consider parting ways. He's either injured or unavailable and in the long run, that negatively impacts the overall team chemistry. Again, I personally want him back. But we all know the org has privately discussed if to re-sign him or not.

The problem with letting him go is that it may make KD unhappy plus it also weakens the team. I've seen Kyrie for Russ floated by Lakers fans (ha!) but Kyrie is too magnificent of a player to simply let walk or throw in some hasty trade. I think the Nets are trying to avoid another mega trade involving big names anyway.

The value of the franchise has risen to #8 in the NBA on the Forbes list since signing both KI and KD. Also, the first 3 games of the Celtics series were the highest of the NBA playoffs in the past 10 years and I highly doubt that had much to do with the Celtics. I have to believe that Tsai loves all that exposure/revenue and that's why I believe Kyrie will definitely be back.

I dont believe it either, but I want to bad. I picture Tha King walking into pelinkas office shaking his head saying something to the effect of " i cant take this westbook ish show another dai, hell I dont even care, get me my mans Kyrie back, as much baggage as comes with his *** least I know he can be counted on for buckets"
it is kinda a proven recipe.... they did each drop 40 in the same run AND if memory serves me correctly came back form 3-1 in the finals, with mr irving hitting the biggest shot in clev basketball history, SO............................. ima stay in my dream world, safer there

MAKE EM DO IT BRON MAKE EM Fn DEW IT ! :rofl: 1 last run at glory glory glory

ki lbj.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if at that time (when KI still wasn't playing) that quite a few teams discussed trading for him.

But we all know KD would have had to sign off on that and I doubt Marks even seriously considered it at all.

I could see maybe Tsai being ok with it due to his own personal views. But again, it goes back to KD and I think Tsai prefers having a happy KD instead of an unhappy KD.

I normally don't watch/listen to pods but I was able to check out the full video bc 1, I wanted to hear his comments in full context and 2, it was a short vid relatively speaking (like 25 mins or so).

I definitely didn't know his ankle was hurt that bad.

Looking forward to pt 2.

Back
Top Bottom