Brooklyn Nets official thread: 20-21 season

I highly doubt KD and Kyrie will be leaving any time soon

My gut agrees with this statement.

But I'm also not going to discount how much KD wants to be part of a winning culture.

I think he loves it in Brooklyn as far as off-court ventures and the community.

However, he's getting older and likely doesn't want to see these last years of his prime wasted.

Yeah, and the media ain't helping.

Nick Wright suggested Dame for Kyrie.

And Chris Broussard poo poo'ed that idea and insisted that a Westbrook for Kyrie deal would be better instead.

Why on earth would the Nets take Westbrook?? These "reporters" have zero clue man. :lol:

I dont think it would ever happen either, BUT.. Westbrook does show up for every game and give it 110%, I like KI way more , BUT............... like LBJ has said over and over 'the best ability is availability'

HArden didnt work out so well, why not give the other cat from the OKC Big 3 a chance ? :rofl:

DRUM DIDY DRUM DIDDY DIDDY DRUM DRUM

Oh nah, I rock with RW. Love him as a player and I think he got treated unfairly in LA.

I'm just looking at the current roster construction and IF Ben plays, the balance of the lineup would be a bit off with 2 ball dominant, non-shooters. So I think RW's role would be too similar to what it was with LAL. And that's not good bc Russ needs the rock to be effective.

Now if Ben doesn't ever suit up for BKN, Russ would be a good fit bc as you said, the best ability is availability.

I just don't see it happening though. :lol:

DRUM DIDY DRUM DIDDY DIDDY DRUM DRUM

It really is too bad that it didn't work out for Drum with BKN bc the situation at C is still unresolved.

His role was perfect in Philly backing up Joel. Maybe he'll return there.

I keep hearing how a few teams will be looking for a solid starting big man this offseason (Mavs, LAL, Suns if they lose Ayton, Jazz if they lose Rudy).

So that means the Nets will either end up overpaying for one (doubtful with the current salary tax situation) or end up with someone subpar at the vet minimum. Maybe Day'Ron gets the keys?

THATS what ima hoping Dayron takes it and runs with it hard and long

made me feel ALOT better havin Drim there though, even if he is a curse :D

and ima witcha 100 on RW , got no issues AT ALL with him Sir

this was on phnx reddit, dont even look right, God forbid

phnx.jpg

I saw that :lol: that dude has HATED Kyrie since he left Boston. Not sure what Kyrie did to Brian Scal personally but Brian's attitude towards him is weird

I might be even more excited for this upcoming season now :lol:

Also today's the deadline for the decision to keep Philly's pick. :nerd:

small HINT that KI is stayin , he loves Handy, hell Handy still wears Kyries during warm ups

MARC STEIN reported the Nets asked for permission to talk to HANDY , also

Ima stickin with KD says if KI goes I go, they give KI a VERY INCENTIVE BASED contract and they try this damn think all over again

kd 5.jpg

Ima stickin with KD says if KI goes I go, they give KI a VERY INCENTIVE BASED contract and they try this damn think all over again

Yo, for real, these fake trade proposals are hilarious. :lol: Now it's John Wall?? :rofl:

I agree with what EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT said in the quote above as well as what that tweet said about "build right and we'll be alright".

The only thing though, I can't recall ever hearing about an NBA player signing an incentive based contract that works AGAINST him. Most guys sign deals that have incentives that work FOR them such as if you make the All Star team or DPOY or All NBA, lead the league in steals, shoot X percentage from 3P, etc. I really don't see what language the NBAPA would allow the Nets to put in a contract that states "if Kyrie acts up (leaves the team for any reason) we can do this or that". Or "if Kyrie does not get vaccinated, we will do this or that".

I can't even see Kyrie taking less than a max deal as far as years or money.

im withya on the nbpa they would probably try to pick it apart

form what i read the 'incentive' would be based all about........ MUST play a certain amount of games,Any absence cleared with team BEFOREHAND ( barring anything unforseen ), seems like they would be trying to ensure anything they offer him as to not even come close to what has happened in the past, not just the vax stuff either, sisters bday party that kinda stuff. KI never learned from Bron that AGAIN the best ability is availability, and now the Net seem to be MOST concerned about just that

they years would math up to EXACTLY what KD has left, for the most part saying in a nice way, we have no interest in you without KD and can you really blame em ?

again i agree i do not see him taking less than the max, and lets be honest, he wouldnt wanna be there if KD wasnt. i think its 4 yrs left for KD PLS CORRECT ME IF IMA WRONG ( like many times b4 lol )

to me the most interesting part of the whole thing is IF ( huge IF ) KD says 'do whatever yall want just keep us competitive' this chapter of the story is OVAH !!!

ki 46.jpg

Great info!

I'm pretty sure you're correct about the years KD has remaining. I can understand why BKN wouldn't want to commit to KI past that. Maybe it's as simple as the Nets saying if you want a 5 year max, then we would like to include some "availability" stipulations. But if you agree to 4 years, we won't have any such language in the contract.

I doubt that though. :lol:

to me the most interesting part of the whole thing is IF ( huge IF ) KD says 'do whatever yall want just keep us competitive' this chapter of the story is OVAH !!!

At the end of the day, I believe KD is a loyal dude. But we've all seen these recent narratives being pushed about how KD needs to show he can carry his own team now that GS has gotten to the Finals again without him. Maybe some of those whispers and that pressure gets to him and he says enough is enough with trying to make it work with Kyrie?

I'm with you in that I just don't see him doing KI like that though.

THATS the underlying theme here......with no KI , KD has the shot to do it 'alone' ( only mega star on the roster ), but when is the last time that happened ? Milwaukee/Giannis ? before that I couldnt think of even 1, Dirk ?

kinda dont matter cause I like you sir believe he wouldnt do KI like that, the 'he's my best friend in the league' I believe 100% and after as boston and gs are in the finals, what better get back thn to do it with bostons favorite former player ?

and whow the F gonna take Kyrie after all thats went down since he left cle anyways ?

So now suddenly the reports are that KI and the Nets "strongly point toward a reunion".

And water is wet. :lol:

Hopefully the deal gets done soon so that we don't have to hear about any more ridiculous trades such as Lowry and Duncan for Kyrie. :sick:

Anyway, here are some media tidbits on the team the past few days...

Ben looking healthy and happy during a NYC community appearance.

And Day'Ron completely slimmed and chiseled. :nerd:

Ben looks to be feeling better and becoming more visible with the front office and ownership

Drummond wearing Nets gear. Is he coming back? :nerd:

As usual, BKN with some Kyrie drama to deal with. :lol:

I still think he comes back though.

in the end Kyrie had no where to go imo

Clax likely to go come back

Nets need a DOG like PJ Tucker, idc about his age :lol:

Back
Top Bottom