Brooklyn Nets official thread: 20-21 season

Bruh, I watched the CLE game and never posted. Smh. This was a bit of a heavy week for me so that's all it was. Loved what I saw from Cam in that one though. Also loved the blocked shots and hustle from KD. Can't lie, I also loved seeing Jarrett have a good game for CLE. :lol:

Watching the game on a bit of a delay as I type this. I'm good with the lineup change. LMA has been beasting and he has earned that spot over BG.

Let's see how this one goes.

Btw, I loved that exchange between Cam and KD in the CLE postgame presser!

Not 1 minute for BG ??? wuuut ?

Fun run from beginning to end, hope they can bring that same intensity vs phnx.

Before the top Patty said to KD " lets go, right form the jump and dont stop", guess they all heard him and took it hella serious

IDC what anyone says Patty was the BIGGETS off season pick up for any team, period !

LMA starting helps in so many ways... no dumb 3s from BG, and teams have to respect him no matter where he is on the court, KUDOS MR NASH ! bout time ! lol

YOU think Patty should START even after Joey comes back ?? I wouldnt be mad if he does !

patty 10.jpg

ON TO THA NEXT

Patty has been absolutely scorching and I agree that he has been the best off-season pickup. I thought we would miss Uncle Jeff but Patty + J2 has been giving the same production as far as offense and defense. I'm glad Nash is finally exploring the bench a bit more because it's important to know which players gel with each other, which players are capable of stepping up in crunch time, which players perform better at home vs on the road, etc.

Clax being out for so long has given other players opportunities they may not have had otherwise if he was healthy. Cam and Bembry are showing they have some potential for instance.

As far as Patty replacing Joe in the starting lineup, how about KD, Jimmy, Joe, Patty, LMA? I mean, who do you guard?? Killer B's (Bruce, Blake, Bembry) plus CLax and JC would be a scary 2nd unit defensively speaking. I would stagger the lineup so that Harden is in there mostly with those 2nd unit guys because they can make up for his defensive weaknesses and he can be the focal point scorer.

I forgot all about Millsap. He has been relatively quiet all season and has missed games for personal reasons here and there. I think mostly for his recent child's birth and hopefully nothing more serious than that. He has shown some spark and I'd like to see him turn it up as the season progresses bc I think he can be a contributor.

Bah-sten put up a decent fight. But they have their own issues and simply couldn't hang. End of the third/start of the 4th had me a little worried though, I can't lie.

PHX is riding a 14 game win streak. Should be a great test. But I see the Nets winning.

Last edited:
ohhhhh I LIKE YOUR starting 5 ALOT ! other than some rebounding its BEAUTIFUL ! Harden actually seems to flourish with the 2nd unit ( alot like last yr ) I always enjoy seeing him run the show with them, he does get blown by an awful lot though you right.

I honestly think the Milsap pick up was a playoff pick up, hard to gt him minutes right now even with Clax out, it has been due to child birth though, nothing else, at least.

Blessing in disguise having certain cats out at certain times so guys like Bembry J Carter and a couple others get burn they never woulda seen

chart.jpg

I get a little too excited when Cam is in, he dropped 46 2 weeks ago in a G league game and I shouldnt but always expect him to go the flip off everytime he is in. Hilarious watching the interplay between cam kd and harden, you cant tell how much those 2 like the rook !

phx has the knicks tonight and even though i always root for ny teams, i want phx to win tonight so Brooklyn can end the streak. Saturday gonna be a helluva run either way ! Hope J Carter gets super hot against his former squad

I thank God every night for making it possible for LMA to be able to play, small miracle if you ask me, even if things are not going so well , whenever he is in ima smilin big !

MR HARDEN doin some good work yesterday in Brooklyn

turkey.jpg

GOOD F'in guy, bump whoever dont like HIM !

THE NEW 3 AMIGOS ??????????........

bros.jpg

Such a disappointing game. I don't think any of us expected the Nets to come out so flat. Phoenix came out scorching and BK just seemed as if they weren't ready for whatever reason. I'm not blaming Nash or the coaches with that comment bc this was mostly on the players imo. Turnovers absolutely killed the team tonight. Nets had more rebounds, more assists, and shot a better % but the points off turnovers hurt. Key 2nd chance points from Phx (that McGee sequence really annoyed me) also hurt and were particularly disheartening.

Harden is still working his way into shape and I'm worried that KD has had to do too much so far. Playing the entire 2nd half... yikes. Hopefully this will finally make Nash realize that he should maybe adjust KD's minutes so that he isn't playing the entire 1st and 3rd because it forces him to play Durant heavy in the 4th if the team is down big.

Boo birds were out tonight. Damn.

All losses have been to elite teams. Damn.

Sap (8 ), JC (3), and Bruce (5) all played just single digit minutes. Meanwhile, Monty played 9 guys at least 15 mins each. Nets should have been the fresher team but seemed as if they still had Thanksgiving leftovers weighing them down. Just a really big letdown tonight.

On the positive side, Bembry was active. Patty remained hot from downtown. KD continues to be elite.

Let's all hope for a better performance against the Knicks.

HUGE disappointment, BUT BUT BUT, that shoulda been blowout city and they couldnt put them down like GS did, phnx aint even close to GS, dont care of they palyd the night b 4 it was only across town

have no clue wtf harden was doing out there, he keeps saying he needs to figure his role out, well sir...................... HURRY TF up already, so so so many DUMB passes it was actually painful to watch . like you said, led in basically ever category but id dont matter when you r turning it over LIKE THAT, jeeeeeeeeeeezus !!!!!!!!!!!!

dont like being booed at home but TBH like we always are in here, it was deserved, not condoning it, i never would, but cant really blame em

yeah the losses to all the 'better' teams is unsettling, IMA chalk that up to all the new faces getting used to each other, FOR NOW lol

Bembry LMA and MY MAIN MAN PATTY MILLS all showed up and always do imho

in th 4th when they were down by 8, KD and Patty on the break , Patty ran to the corner instead of staying the course which would have been an EAY layup taking it to 6 with 2 1/2 mins left, DONT blame him for it either, but he missed the shot which would have brought it to 5, phnx comes down and drops a 3 and it was a wrap there, STILL LOVING that until the very end they were in it unlike the GS debacle

all this hecticnesss and they are still in 1st place, jus sayin :rofl:

Knick run should be intense, lets hope so

patty 4.jpg

ON TO THA NEXT

I agree with everything you posted. From Harden to the booing to Patty running to the corner to not getting smoked like GS.

For some reason, this particular loss is still bothering me.

Harden.... I don't know. He just hasn't looked explosive or confident AT ALL this season. Still too early to worry but not too early to be frustrated over his play. He's alllllllllmost playing like he doesn't want to be here. Not as bad as when he was trying to get out of H-Town. But it's a similar type of lackadaisical play. Sloppy passes left and right and poor shooting are the 2 things killing him this year. The crazy thing is that with the exception of points and fg%, his season numbers are matching/exceeding his career stats. That's why I have hope. Because once he starts to shoot better, everything will be fine.

But as of right now, he's not an All Star starter. He'll definitely make the team but Trey, Zach/Demar, Beal, Butler, LaMelo, Brown/Tatum are going to make it a tough fight because Harden isn't playing like THAT GUY right now.

Boos were definitely well deserved. As you EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT said, I don't condone it overall. But I also don't blame the fans in attendance.

Knicks will be a tough one bc they are struggling a little right now and will play their asses off against the crosstown rivals.

Whats gettin at me is this is the contract year for Harden, does he know it ?!?!???! DOES HE ?!?!?!?!? dont look much like it. As long as he is depended on so heavily to run the point im not so sure things will work out with him, i still believe in him BUT LIKE YOU SAID... HE DONT LOOK CONFIDENT, and that is UNFUGGINREAL TO ME !!!!
Uninspired in the word that comes to mind SO FAR, but ima gettin tired of the 'so far' fart thing like ima sure we all are, i cant call it.

Right now is the time for Cam to step up, be aggressive I dont care if he is a rookie, he has the ability to offset hardens shortcomings and i WOULD LOVE to see him just say F it and let loose, the time is now, early enough for mistakes to be made and to learn alot form them and all around him, LETS FUGGIN GO CAM THA MAN !!!!!! LFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been lookin forward to tomorrow night for a while now, gonna be fun, no matter what !!!

kd cam.jpg

TIME 2 ROLL BABY TIME 2 ROLL

I'm all aboard the Cam train. Young fella definitely has an opportunity to get loose. If he gets into a nice groove, I can easily see Nash throwing him more minutes. And with Joe being down for another 4 - 8 weeks, Cam will surely get his chances. As you EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT have pointed out, KD and Harden seem to have a fondness for the kid. So if I were Nash, I'd make sure young boy is ALWAYS on the floor with at least 1 of those 2 stars at all times because you know they will constantly be looking to feed him.

Hoping to see a crisp game from BK tonight.

Knicks played hard as completely expected. No surprise there. We knew Thibs would have them fired up and I don't think any Nets fan is shocked that there was heavy Knicks support in attendance tonight.

Harden came out fired up as if he's been reading/hearing the criticism over the past 2 days. He finally looked like Houston Harden and a performance like that is what we have all been asking for. Unfortunately, it didn't last. 28 in the first half and just 6 in the 2nd half. He didn't look tired so I can't blame it on fatigue. He just for some reason went back to that passive play we've seen all season so far.

-
Cam looked good early but didn't really get any burn late. Bembry had 2 missed FTs close to the end that made my head hurt. The bench was a negative in the plus/minus.

+
On the positive side, the defense was absolutely swarming all night long. The turnovers (despite Harden) were less than double digits. And Nash extended the minutes to the reserves and tried different lineups/rotations.

A win is a win but that was way too close to being a disastrous loss.

yeah way too close for comfort, expected though

loved the defense, not the best night for the bench like ya said

Now if only Mr Harden could KEEP IT GOIN ALL GMAE LONG ish would be alot smoother, guess we will have 2 wait and see.

I like that Nash sticks with Bembry, still feel like his hustle and effort helps more than we can tell, i can live with a few blunders from that man. lol

Always feels like Cam is about to open it the F up and then all of a sudden he regresses, gotta be tough to find alotta good opportunities runnin with KD and JH, he is gonna find his groove soon and then look the F out, I know he will

Man when Patty aint on it really throws things off, when he is on EVERYTHING flows so so much better, lookin for him to bounce back huge fri and sat

Too much fun playin the knicks, kinda wanna see em in the playoffs, the intensity is unreal

very cliche but The Slim Reaper is as cool as the other side of the Fn pillow, dont nuthin shake Him and i feel He calms the rest of the team when things get tight, God bless Him !!!

Got another back 2 back fri/sat and sat is chicago, really wanna hand them they asssssez !!!

ON TO THA NEXT

jh cam.jpg

"this not not a hot take , we dont do that here" ! (like some places) i love it !!!

i cant disagree with anything said, i WOULD add THIS.... not a title contender RIGHT NOW, kibnda referrd to in video and kinda like they all keep saying this is a learning experience right now. so as it stands currently they are not contenders BUT once 40-50 games are played I BELIEVE THEY WILL BE,... lets see what happens, cause IF KD AND HARDEN play UP TO EXPECTED LEVELS .....THEY IN IT TO WIN IT, even without { name not mentioned anymore }. ALSO IF CAM can get enough run and does what he is capable of LOOK OUT !

Pieces are ALL HERE, just need to place em right now !

ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAI !!! :D

Thanks for sharing the video Sir ! good stuff right there, always enjoy your posts !

sir shuges here is a quick article about KDs playing time, thought of you when i read it

CLAX...............

lookin forward to this weekends fri/sat back 2 back gentlemen !!!

e z money.jpg

Would the Nets seriously move Kyrie tho…? I hope not, not before it can be seen what those three could do if healthy

"this not not a hot take , we dont do that here" ! (like some places) i love it !!!

i cant disagree with anything said, i WOULD add THIS.... not a title contender RIGHT NOW, kibnda referrd to in video and kinda like they all keep saying this is a learning experience right now. so as it stands currently they are not contenders BUT once 40-50 games are played I BELIEVE THEY WILL BE,... lets see what happens, cause IF KD AND HARDEN play UP TO EXPECTED LEVELS .....THEY IN IT TO WIN IT, even without { name not mentioned anymore }. ALSO IF CAM can get enough run and does what he is capable of LOOK OUT !

Pieces are ALL HERE, just need to place em right now !

ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAI !!! :D

Thanks for sharing the video Sir ! good stuff right there, always enjoy your posts !

sir shuges here is a quick article about KDs playing time, thought of you when i read it

CLAX...............

lookin forward to this weekends fri/sat back 2 back gentlemen !!!

e z money.jpg

I totally agree with all that was said here. Nets aren't a title contender YET. They definitely have the pieces to make it happen though. Yes, the absence of Kyrie makes it harder. But that's why I personally don't really like mentioning him. Because mentally, it will be an excuse if the ultimate goal isn't met. For me, he's not here and that's that.

And that's no offense at all to anyone who wants to bring him up and/or talk about him moving forward. And that includes you EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT . :lol: :nthat:

Also, good looks on that article. I won't harp on KD's minutes so much after today. He clearly is comfortable with the heavy workload. But you know what they say, sometimes you have to save the players from themselves. We had a condensed season last year (he started off not playing back to backs and then that got thrown out the window), went to Tokyo and was relied on heavily to win the medal, came back to a quick start to the new season, and is now routinely playing upper 30s and 40 mpg. And we haven't even talked about how most stars play MORE minutes during the playoffs. :sick:

At some point, he may hit a wall. That's all I'm trying to say. Nets need him for the playoffs, not so much for these early season games.

Would the Nets seriously move Kyrie tho…? I hope not, not before it can be seen what those three could do if healthy

IMO, he's untradeable right now. If I'm some team, I'm not giving up assets for him when new variants keep coming and we have no idea how the virus will behave in these upcoming winter months. Every state is a sneeze away from doing what LA and NY did. And if I traded for him, I'd be too concerned about that happening. It would have to be something like maybe John Wall for Kyrie. And as a Nets fan, I'd be hesitant on that one.
1. Wall and Harden didn't click in Houston
2. I love JW but I'd be concerned about how he'd mesh with this particular team.

Last edited:
damn another close one where it shouldnt have been, no KAT and THAT close !?!?!?! not good. MAYBE they were lookin ahead to tonight, hope so casue i want them to ruin chi 2nite. chi aint no joke gonna be there at the end imho

good too see Clax back, not good to see Cam injury BUT he is listed as probable tonight

Nash saod KD is playin tonight, bug surprise ! lol

Nah Ima good on mr flat earth, he aint on the TEAM and this thread is for TEAM discussion, what you said shuges nails it on the head my man... not here and THATS THAT, ONWARD !

kd 2.jpg

That was one ugly *** game. The turnovers in the first half between both teams was just ridiculous. Nets allowed open dunk after open dunk. And their D had Naz Reid looking like Olajuwon out there early. It was perplexing to watch bc the TWolves really should not have been in this game.

A win is a win though.

It was real funny to see KAT rocking that Jay Z fit. That hoody might as well have been a billboard sign asking to get out of Minny bc you know he would LOVE to get traded here.

gettyimages-1236990835-2048x2048.jpg

tryin not to be too negative but WTF is with Harden !?!?!?!!? lookin lazy, uninterested again and CANT FINISH AT THE FLIPPIN RIM ??!?!?!?!? SERIOSULY ?!?!?!!?
Mr Brown didnt have a good shooting night BUT he did other things REAL WELL ie REBOUND AND HUSTLE.
gonna lose by 4 with Harden missing a TON of layups, just about at the point of unacceptable IMO

KD, Patty , LMA, Bembry all put in that work

Maybe Mr Harden should run with the 2nd team ?!?!?!?!? I understand that when he gets loose and to the rim that there is not a whole lotta room around due to the defense being able to crowd the paint with the line up thats out there alot BUT BUT BUT he is STILL AT THE RIM just Fn concentrate dont be lackadaisical !!!! F--- ALREADY !!!

Could also be time to get BG back in the mix a little bit !?

NOT even CLOSE to the LEVEL that needs to be achieved right now, just not.

kd 6.jpg

Bruh, you used the same exact word I thought of at the end of the game about Harden's shooting numbers: UNACCEPTABLE. :angry: :angry:

I took it back though bc I'm not a hooper and I try my best to not be overly harsh when I see players struggle. I understand that nobody is perfect but Harden definitely put my patience to the test tonight.

I don't know wtf is going on with dude but it's been the same story all season. He's just playing so uninspired. :sick:

To his credit, he had ZERO turnovers. He also finally attacked the paint with purpose and the refs didn't reward him AT ALL. How do the Nets as a team take just 9 FTs and Chi takes 27?? With the way Harden was attacking the basket all night, he def should've gotten more whistles. Him and BB still missed too many easy bunnies though.

Speaking of Bruce, I know he has been injured, but what happened to his short hook shot in the paint? It was cash all last year but he's not rolling to the rim like he used to.

I'm all for Blake getting some burn again but who would you remove to give him some minutes? And what would Blake bring that's missing right now? Definitely not 3 point shooting! :lol:

Nets started this game on a 9 - 0 run too. But that double threat that the Bulls have is putting in work. Derozan and Levine singlehandedly bust the Nets *** tonight. :smh:

TRUE ! no turnovers was huge but its like we get one or the other every single time, no turnovers but no scoring, he is what i guess **** vitale would call a down joneser at this poin in his career, ima still glad he plays for brooklyn though, make no mistake bout that ! alwyas will be ! ima nobody to critique his or anyones gme either i guess i still play a ton but only weekends now, and whet those cats do from the best man on any team to the last man off the bench is still miraculous to me and is more and more everyday, we are blessed to get to watch EVERY squad and what they have to offer and put on display

seems a little more crowded underneath for mr brown to do what he was doin last year but he sure does have a nose for the ball, without him the rebounding on both ends would be alot worse, looks llike he has been rushing things a little to me lately , dang he wasnt even in the rotation at the beginning of the year ! UNREAL ! lol

LMA leading the league in mid range % is so Fin amazing, I thank God for him and his health everdai, I honestly do, just had to say it a TRUE MIRACLE

you are right its be hard to find BG minutes right now, he would add that tough *** tenacity and relentless hustle he always puts out though. tgmaybe give him the minutes j jones is getting ? i for sure would not cut into Bemberys minutes at all NO WAI ! gonnabe hard for him to work his way back in. or when joey buckets comes back cut j carter down to no minutes, he ust isnt adding too much at this point, great defender but BG gives ya more and the way he takes charges seems to energize them alot. THE BCB CANNOT DIE !!!!!!! lol !!!

tues - dallas , wed - houston, fri - atl, what i would give to go 3-0 next week, goodness

squad.jpg

cant go back cant stand still if KD dont getcha Patty sure will !

Back
Top Bottom