Bros, I'm in love with this former beatwriter girl from ESPN

lol first time i ever heard that

Michigan people are known for NOT having an accent

most people don't know where im from when im out of town, but they always known im not from their town, and foreigners never have a clue what state i live in

(yes i am from/live in MI)
People from up North and the UP are the only ones who have that exaggerated mid western accent.

Most people don't know where I'm from either when i travel out of town.  

haha y'all two must not get out of the midwest much then
White Detroit area accent is still super noticeable. I wouldn't necessarily know it was michigan, but you can hear the great lakes easy

maaam! get the lyadder, I cyant reach the taap
Sure bro, i dont get out the midwest much, but Are you even from here? I've never heard anyone add y's to words like that lmao

The only time people know I'm from MI is when I ask for pop, everywhere else y'all call it soda/cola/soft drinks

most people don't know where im from when im out of town, but they always known im not from their town, and foreigners never have a clue what state i live in

Saying that always amuses me. Everyone has an accent - sure maybe yours isn't as exaggerated as the Deep South or distinctive like Boston, but you have an accent.

People from up North and the UP are the only ones who have that exaggerated mid western accent.

Most people don't know where I'm from either when i travel out of town.  

haha y'all two must not get out of the midwest much then
White Detroit area accent is still super noticeable. I wouldn't necessarily know it was michigan, but you can hear the great lakes easy

maaam! get the lyadder, I cyant reach the taap
Sure bro, i dont get out the midwest much, but Are you even from here? I've never heard anyone add y's to words like that lmao

The only time people know I'm from MI is when I ask for pop, everywhere else y'all call it soda/cola/soft drinks

Im not tryna come off hard. Its all jokes.
And Im not from MI, which is why I can hear their accent
Im from NYC, but my girl is from Detroit area. She and her family have sharp midwest accent and theyve got no UP connection
But she says the same thing as you guys. She thought there was no MI accent til she came to NY

Funny what you said about pop tho. Last time I was at Wayne County airport I ordered 2 coffees, one iced and one HOT. and she gave me one iced and one POP

You right, now that I think about it, my mom says wahter instead of water, and other small stuff like that

I'm still stickin to me not having an accent tho, until someone says "you say ___ weird" I don't have an accent lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom