Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

Nobody called him an actor, we just have NO EVIDENCE as to what he can do in real combat. What makes him any different than JCVD? Honestly answer that question? Dude is right, Bruce is like Jordan. He was the best and anyone that says anything against it is STUPID.

We don't know WHAT Bruce could do in combat. We judge a dude off of what he does in movies?

Nobody called him an actor, we just have NO EVIDENCE as to what he can do in real combat. What makes him any different than JCVD? Honestly answer that question? Dude is right, Bruce is like Jordan. He was the best and anyone that says anything against it is STUPID.

We don't know WHAT Bruce could do in combat. We judge a dude off of what he does in movies?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Read the thread moron. Several people laughed him off and called him an actor. 
I guess fathering an entire Martial Art doesn't count for anything. The most progressive Martial Art invented. The one that led to the very idea of Mixed Martial Arts? 

That's what I judge him on. Everything other than that is heresay. But the heresay includes A LOT of talk of him being a very dangerous man. 

Anderson fights in a sport. I know enough about fighting to know what that means too. 

You came in here thinking you had a gem for us too, didn't you? 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Read the thread moron. Several people laughed him off and called him an actor. 
I guess fathering an entire Martial Art doesn't count for anything. The most progressive Martial Art invented. The one that led to the very idea of Mixed Martial Arts? 

That's what I judge him on. Everything other than that is heresay. But the heresay includes A LOT of talk of him being a very dangerous man. 

Anderson fights in a sport. I know enough about fighting to know what that means too. 

You came in here thinking you had a gem for us too, didn't you? 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Anderson.

Not to discredit Bruce (I am a big fan) but there are hours of footage of Andy beating the crap out of some legit fighters who are trying to hurt him.

Find me said footage of Bruce.

He also walks around at 200+ lbs. He's a beast in person.
Video of Bruce Lee in the 50s-60s? Come on.  You won't find hours of YouTube videos and specials on Spike on Bruce Lee. You can't compare the media coverage Anderson gets to Bruce Lee. 
laugh.gif

Size doesn't matter either. Anderson can be 300lbs.

Bruce Lee IS the definition of "Mixed Martial Arts" in a sense due what he created. Dude INVENTED Jeet Kun Do, which is combinations of many styles and methods fighting. If you Google what's done for Martial Arts, he revolutionized it. Wing-Chun is very efficient. He Mastered that and built something on top of it. 

Can't believe I have to quote this again, but this says it all. 

Jeet Kune Do originated in 1967. After filming one season of The Green Hornet, Lee found himself out of work and opened The Jun Fan Institute of Gung Fu. A controversial match with Wong Jack Man influenced Lee's philosophy about martial arts. Lee concluded that the fight had lasted too long and that he had failed to live up to his potential using his Wing Chun techniques. He took the view that traditional martial arts techniques were too rigid and formalistic to be practical in scenarios of chaotic street fighting. Lee decided to develop a system with an emphasis on "practicality, flexibility, speed, and efficiency". He started to use different methods of training such as weight training for strength, running for endurance, stretching for flexibility, and many others which he constantly adapted, including fencing and basic boxing techniques.

Lee emphasised what he called "the style of no style". This consisted of getting rid of the formalised approach which Lee claimed was indicative of traditional styles. Lee felt the system he now called Jun Fan Gung Fu was even too restrictive, and eventually evolved into a philosophy and martial art he would come to call Jeet Kune Do or the Way of the Intercepting Fist. It is a term he would later regret because Jeet Kune Do implied specific parameters that styles connote whereas the idea of his martial art was to exist outside of parameters and limitations.

In other words, he developed a system of Martial Arts mixed with different kinds of $%^& that works with freedom of movement and designed for real life scenarios and practical situations. Take some other regular Jeet Kun Do black belt against a 200 lbs cage fighter, I'd take the JDK kid any day of the week.  

Anderson.

Not to discredit Bruce (I am a big fan) but there are hours of footage of Andy beating the crap out of some legit fighters who are trying to hurt him.

Find me said footage of Bruce.

He also walks around at 200+ lbs. He's a beast in person.
Video of Bruce Lee in the 50s-60s? Come on.  You won't find hours of YouTube videos and specials on Spike on Bruce Lee. You can't compare the media coverage Anderson gets to Bruce Lee. 
laugh.gif

Size doesn't matter either. Anderson can be 300lbs.

Bruce Lee IS the definition of "Mixed Martial Arts" in a sense due what he created. Dude INVENTED Jeet Kun Do, which is combinations of many styles and methods fighting. If you Google what's done for Martial Arts, he revolutionized it. Wing-Chun is very efficient. He Mastered that and built something on top of it. 

Can't believe I have to quote this again, but this says it all. 

Jeet Kune Do originated in 1967. After filming one season of The Green Hornet, Lee found himself out of work and opened The Jun Fan Institute of Gung Fu. A controversial match with Wong Jack Man influenced Lee's philosophy about martial arts. Lee concluded that the fight had lasted too long and that he had failed to live up to his potential using his Wing Chun techniques. He took the view that traditional martial arts techniques were too rigid and formalistic to be practical in scenarios of chaotic street fighting. Lee decided to develop a system with an emphasis on "practicality, flexibility, speed, and efficiency". He started to use different methods of training such as weight training for strength, running for endurance, stretching for flexibility, and many others which he constantly adapted, including fencing and basic boxing techniques.

Lee emphasised what he called "the style of no style". This consisted of getting rid of the formalised approach which Lee claimed was indicative of traditional styles. Lee felt the system he now called Jun Fan Gung Fu was even too restrictive, and eventually evolved into a philosophy and martial art he would come to call Jeet Kune Do or the Way of the Intercepting Fist. It is a term he would later regret because Jeet Kune Do implied specific parameters that styles connote whereas the idea of his martial art was to exist outside of parameters and limitations.

In other words, he developed a system of Martial Arts mixed with different kinds of $%^& that works with freedom of movement and designed for real life scenarios and practical situations. Take some other regular Jeet Kun Do black belt against a 200 lbs cage fighter, I'd take the JDK kid any day of the week.  

I think discipline is what would give Bruce the edge in any fight. In any fight, anything can happen but I think you put Bruce up against anyone, 99% of the time he'd be considered the odds on betting favorite.

I think discipline is what would give Bruce the edge in any fight. In any fight, anything can happen but I think you put Bruce up against anyone, 99% of the time he'd be considered the odds on betting favorite.

Yes Anderson participates in a sport but it is still more than what we have to judge Bruce Lee on. Again, what are we basing Bruce's combat skills on? Movies? Literature? Instructional Videos?

So because someone fathered something in the late 60s means that they would be the best in it? No it doesn't. That is Fallacy 101. Yes he gets credit for it, but if we are speaking of combat, why should that even be a factor?

Again, this is all hypothetical. We need to remember that

Yes Anderson participates in a sport but it is still more than what we have to judge Bruce Lee on. Again, what are we basing Bruce's combat skills on? Movies? Literature? Instructional Videos?

So because someone fathered something in the late 60s means that they would be the best in it? No it doesn't. That is Fallacy 101. Yes he gets credit for it, but if we are speaking of combat, why should that even be a factor?

Again, this is all hypothetical. We need to remember that

silva is 6"2 n 200 lbs when not cutting weight... And the best fighter n the world... And has an od reach

Bruce wouldnt beat him up... But im not gunna say hed "handle" bruce effin lee
laugh.gif

Draw or else silva via ko frontkick

silva is 6"2 n 200 lbs when not cutting weight... And the best fighter n the world... And has an od reach

Bruce wouldnt beat him up... But im not gunna say hed "handle" bruce effin lee
laugh.gif

Draw or else silva via ko frontkick

And I really hate when people say, "Size doesn't matter." I has an affect. Whether it is psychological or physical It plays a role and has influence in any competitive matchup. I am not saying that if someone is bigger it is guaranteed that they will win that matchup, but to say it doesn't matter? I can't agree with that. Especially when we are talking about two greats that are separated by little to nothing, size matters.

And I really hate when people say, "Size doesn't matter." I has an affect. Whether it is psychological or physical It plays a role and has influence in any competitive matchup. I am not saying that if someone is bigger it is guaranteed that they will win that matchup, but to say it doesn't matter? I can't agree with that. Especially when we are talking about two greats that are separated by little to nothing, size matters.

Originally Posted by J2Legend

Take some other regular Jeet Kun Do black belt against a 200 lbs cage fighter, I'd take the JDK kid any day of the week.  
laugh.gif
Why are there no JKD fighters in MMA? Oh wait, here's a gif of Kyle Watson, a JKD black belt

johnmakdessispinningbackfistkylewatsonufc129.gif

He's the one getting faceplanted, by the way.

Take some other regular Jeet Kun Do black belt against a 200 lbs cage fighter, I'd take the JDK kid any day of the week.  
laugh.gif
Why are there no JKD fighters in MMA? Oh wait, here's a gif of Kyle Watson, a JKD black belt

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

Bruce Lee hands down by side kick to the penis.
Silva fights in a sport, if you put hand combat weapons at play..... nuff said.

Okay, I guess fighting in FRIGGIN MOVIES is a much better argument.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

Bruce Lee hands down by side kick to the penis.
Silva fights in a sport, if you put hand combat weapons at play..... nuff said.

Okay, I guess fighting in FRIGGIN MOVIES is a much better argument.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom