Bruh, I dont think im ever getting married

That's all you got? One short article. I am talking about real stats like this... You know articles that actually references studies and demographics
http://www.aauw.org/research/the-simple-truth-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

The pay gap has barely budged in a decade.
In 2013, among full-time, year-round workers, women were paid 78 percent of what men were paid.

Women in every state experience the pay gap, but some states are worse than others.
The best place in the United States for pay equity is Washington, D.C., where women were paid 91 percent of what men were paid in 2013. At the other end of the spectrum is Louisiana, the worst state in the country for pay equity, where women were paid just 66 percent of what men were paid.

The pay gap is worse for women of color.
The gender pay gap affects all women, but for women of color the pay shortfall is worse. Asian American women’s salaries show the smallest gender pay gap, at 90 percent of white men’s earnings. Hispanic women’s salaries show the largest gap, at 54 percent of white men’s earnings. White men are used as a benchmark because they make up the largest demographic group in the labor force.

Women face a pay gap in nearly every occupation.
From elementary and middle school teachers to computer programmers, women are paid less than men in female-dominated, gender-balanced, and male-dominated occupations.

The pay gap grows with age.
Women typically earn about 90 percent of what men are paid until they hit 35. After that median earnings for women are typically 75–80 percent of what men are paid.

While more education is an effective tool for increasing earnings, it is not an effective tool against the gender pay gap.
At every level of academic achievement, women’s median earnings are less than men’s earnings, and in some cases, the gender pay gap is larger at higher levels of education. While education helps everyone, black and Hispanic women earn less than their white and Asian peers do, even when they have the same educational credentials.

The pay gap also exists among women without children.
AAUW’s Graduating to a Pay Gap found that among full-time workers one year after college graduation — nearly all of whom were childless — women were paid just 82 percent of what their male counterparts were paid.

Last edited:
And how many females have you dated that has the same net worth as you? In my life, ZERO! I can't think of any past GF that even came close to my net worth. Use some common sense... men in the US usually have the higher paying job and own more assets than the female. That's just a given! I mean yes there maybe a small percentage of women that actually have some net worth but not many... especially attractive ones.

^ Please post some stats on this "MOST" marriages.

Sounds more like you're choosing the women on the low end of the financial spectrum http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704421104575463790770831192

From the article:

While these particular women earn more than their male peers, women on the whole haven't reached equal status in any particular job or education level. For instance, women with a bachelor's degree had median earnings of $39,571 between 2006 and 2008, compared with $59,079 for men at the same education level, according to the Census.

At every education level, from high-school dropouts to Ph.D.s, women continue to earn less than their male peers.

Those particular women earning more than men are single with no children. Doesn't really apply to the case of divorce.

Simple facts are you only lose financially in a divorce if you're the wealthier partner, if both are around the same financially which is the case for MOST marriages neither side really lose anything on a serials level.

Wrong.

So wrong.

Have you ever gone through a divorce?

I have.

If a woman holds a higher % of child custody and decides to cut her hours to take care of the kids or makes money under the table or any of that by itself, pepper your Angus for Mandingo's delight.

Men get ****** in divorces. I'm JUST bouncing back from a divorce I filed in 2011.

And if you're not rich, parting with a couple thousand every month (between cs and healthcare) hurts my dude. Then if you gotta pay alimony on top? [emoji]128565[/emoji] I don't have it too bad anymore, but for 3 years I was one of the angriest dudes on the planet.

With all due respect, speak on what you know.

Last edited:
Simple facts are you only lose financially in a divorce if you're the wealthier partner, if both are around the same financially which is the case for MOST marriages neither side really lose anything on a serials level.

Wrong.

So wrong.

Have you ever gone through a divorce?

I have.

If a woman holds a higher % of child custody and decides to cut her hours to take care of the kids or makes money under the table or any of that by itself, pepper your Angus for Mandingo's delight.

Men get ****** in divorces. I'm JUST bouncing back from a divorce I filed in 2011.

And if you're not rich, parting with a couple thousand every month (between cs and healthcare) hurts my dude. Then if you gotta pay alimony on top? [emoji]128565[/emoji] I don't have it too bad anymore, but for 3 years I was one of the angriest dudes on the planet.

With all due respect, speak on what you know.

this is why you never take advice from a millienial.

You literally have zero idea what you're talking about right now.

:rofl:

Famb mean with that numerical anal extraction

:pimp:

Dead wrong. You cannot be this sheltered.

Yeah me and fiance can make comparable income but if she gets the kids I'm paying the mortgage for a house I ain't gone emm be able to live in.

Yeah me and fiance can make comparable income but if she gets the kids I'm paying the mortgage for a house I ain't gone emm be able to live in.

Bruh. :lol:

You gone be paying for old boy to lay up in your old bed and, well, you know. Glad we didn't own the house. I would've been sick. Ain't eem gone lie. :x

Yea that's the messed up part about the law, they don't take circumstances into consideration...long as she got the custody you coming outta pocket no matter what :smh:

I've already told her, I ain't going nowhere.

We can have an open loveless marriage because my kids ain't having stepparents until they grown. :lol:

Last edited:
been with my girl since HS

getting married in 2016

definitely have had break ups and slept with other people but I finally reached the point where I'm like yeah .. she's the one

I can't picture starting over with anybody else I hate the beginning stages of getting to know somebody :x

getting married in 2016

definitely have had break ups and slept with other people but I finally reached the point where I'm like yeah .. she's the one

I can't picture starting over with anybody else I hate the beginning stages of getting to know somebody :x

:lol: I'm curious, what do you mean exactly?

getting married in 2016

The whole what's your fav color what's your fav movie stuff, teaching someone about you all over again :lol: I really appreciate how much my woman knows about me. She picked up on stuff about me that I didn't even know. It took her almost 10 years to get it but I feel like starting that process again would be hell.

getting married in 2016

You getting married cause you love her or because dating sucks?? :lol:

laugh.gif
I'm curious, what do you mean exactly?

Im going to assume the initial process of learning about someone entirely foreign to you, which can be very discouraging after being so comfortable and accustomed to someone you already know in and out. For example, learning the other persons culture, tendencies, moral, loyalty, likes, dislikes, family and etc.
That initial process is the most exciting part, things get boring and downhill from there

You getting married cause you love her or because dating sucks?? :lol:

mainly because I love her, knowing I would have to start over/move out my house/family court just further confirms I'm good where I'm at.

That initial process is the most exciting part, things get boring and downhill from there
you just have a short attention span

Last edited:

getting married in 2016

The whole what's your fav color what's your fav movie stuff, teaching someone about you all over again :lol: I really appreciate how much my woman knows about me. She picked up on stuff about me that I didn't even know. It took her almost 10 years to get it but I feel like starting that process again would be hell.

That's how I feel about one of my exes. Shorty knows me like a book. Knows what type of foods I like and my thought process. I'll text her like "yo do i like this type of cheese?" and she'll be like nope. she knows me better than me. eventually i'm going to stop ******* around, but its so many options out here.

Actual good discussion above.

For those who've been with their girls a while, is marriage something you genuinely want or is it something your ladies are pushing?

Back
Top Bottom