Bulls offseason Thread

dont care what the heat do to us. last night made me so happy to be a bulls fan:pimp:

i dont drink but even i had to take 2 shots for them and what noah did last night

Atleast you know what time it is.....a real franchise player is bout to **** all over ya!!!! LeGod!!!!!

I think the refs are gonna aid in this.. Lebron drives to the hole whistles russle

Yea im mentally getting ready to be pissed about it :lol:

On another note. Aggrey Sam's twitter said Lu is back in the hospital. Im starting to get worried about him. Hope he can get these issues under control. Could care less if he plays again, just want him to get healthy

Let's say game 4 is over, Deng & Hinrich played and we are tied 2 - 2, does Rose come back then?

rose isn't coming back

good article by woj on yahoo about this topic. i dont know why he keeps on saying theres a chance but no one knows what hes working toward since hes been cleared to play for 2 freakkin months

Bulls winning game 1 tonight

I hope they do like they did to beat the streak. Make bron one dimensional. Throw several defenders on him, stay on the shooters and take foul before he gets in the lane. Bron only had 4 assists that game. The others were not a factor.

The big three did their thing but you had no problems out of shane allen cole and chalmers. I would challenge Bulls bigs to not lunge at bosh from 20 ft. He usually pump fakes and drives it, creating a bucket or foul. Let their "big" men shoot the ball. Udon is loves to shoot. And keep jimmy on wade. Bulls need to maintain that game 7 focus for every game of this series. Boozer need that 22/12 nightly. He can holla all game as long as he produces and avoids the bad fouls and and 1s he is prone to.

rose isn't coming back

good article by woj on yahoo about this topic. i dont know why he keeps on saying theres a chance but no one knows what hes working toward since hes been cleared to play for 2 freakkin months
He'll come back if there's ever a game 8 in this series

Not sure what you guys consider cheap because I haven't been to the madhouse on Madison yet.

I consider Barclays cheap, especially in comparison to the Garden. Game 1 I had lower level row 7 seats, I paid $123 on stubhub. Game 1 tix for the Garden started at $200 for the nosebleed 400 section :smh: ...... Game 7 I sat in the 2nd deck center court at Barclays, came out $84 on stubhub. I think that's cheap for playoff games. I would assume the regular season tix are cheaper.

I plan on going to Chicago next season, how are the prices out there?

I would love to pay $123 for lower level here. Playoffs, no less! By the way, I think it's pretty ill that JPeriod handles Barclay's playlist :pimp:

Let's just say you may be shocked at the prices here, depending on the opponent. Plus, assume the prices may slightly bump upward when DRose is back next season.

I share season tickets with a few friends and go the StubHub route for the games I don't have tickets for. The other poster is right, for marquee games against MIA or OKC standing room can be $80-$100. That means 300 level seats will go for around $100-$130, and so on. This also increases during playoffs.

shhh ive paid over a buck a ticket to see them beat the bobacts on my girls bday...paying that for playoff tickets :wow: :wow:

you dont wanna see these prices CAP

we will win g1

bulls 88 warm 79

Early in Rose's MVP season I was finding tickets for $15-$20 in 300 level, even for the first 5 rows or so. That all changed right after the New Year.

Bulls winning game 1 tonight

I hope they do like they did to beat the streak. Make bron one dimensional. Throw several defenders on him, stay on the shooters and take foul before he gets in the lane. Bron only had 4 assists that game. The others were not a factor.

The big three did their thing but you had no problems out of shane allen cole and chalmers. I would challenge Bulls bigs to not lunge at bosh from 20 ft. He usually pump fakes and drives it, creating a bucket or foul. Let their "big" men shoot the ball. Udon is loves to shoot. And keep jimmy on wade. Bulls need to maintain that game 7 focus for every game of this series. Boozer need that 22/12 nightly. He can holla all game as long as he produces and avoids the bad fouls and and 1s he is prone to.

By the numbers: Keys to beating Heat

May, 6, 2013
May 6

10:06

AM CT

By ESPNChicago.com
Recommend0
Tweet5
Comments10
Email
Print

Mike Ehrmann/Getty ImagesLeBron James averaged 28 points in four games against the Bulls this season.
The Chicago Bulls overcame injuries, illness and the Brooklyn Nets to earn another chance at the Miami Heat in the playoffs beginning Monday night. They face a well-rest Heat team led by LeBron James, who picked up his fourth NBA MVP award in the past five seasons on Sunday, and Dwyane Wade, who is expected to play after sitting out their first-round sweep of the Milwaukee Bucks because of soreness in his right knee.

Bulls-Heat Regular Season

Date

Score

Jan. 4

Bulls 96, Heat 89

Feb. 21

Heat 86, Bulls 67

March 27

Bulls 101, Heat 97

April 14

Heat 105, Bulls 93

*Home team in bold

The banged-up and Derrick Rose-less Bulls are big underdogs, but they have shown they can beat the Heat even without their star after splitting their season series.

So how do they go about pulling off an upset? Our friends at ESPN Stats & Info put together some interesting numbers that, if they go the Bulls' way, could factor into success for Chicago.

Bulls have to defend corner 3: The Heat scored 927 points off corner 3-point attempts, the most of any team since the start of 1996-97. The Bulls limited the Heat's success on those shots this season, holding Miami to 36 percent, the third-lowest percentage against an opponent this season (with a minimum of 20 attempts). •During the two Heat wins over the Bulls, 8-of-11 corner 3-pointers attempted were uncontested (no defender within 4 feet). The Heat went 5-of-8 on such shots.
•During the two Heat losses, 8-of-14 corner three-pointers attempted were contested (defender within 4 feet). The Heat went 1-of-8 on such shots.

Limit LeBron the passer in isolation: James assisted on 23 percent of Heat baskets against the Bulls this season, his third-lowest percentage against any opponent. The Bulls limited James' opportunities to pass by not double-teaming in isolation situations and forcing James to shoot. James was 6-of-13 with four turnovers on isolation plays against the Bulls, posting a 0.78 points per play average, which was his fourth-worst against any opponent. James averaged 1.03 PPP in isolation situations during the regular season, best among 44 players with at least 150 plays.

Slow Heat's transition game: The Bulls allowed 90.3 points per 100 possessions in half-court sets, the fourth-best defensive efficiency in the NBA. Chicago struggled to limit transition offense, allowing 1.21 points per play, third-worst in the league. The Heat were the second-best team in transition offense, averaging 1.21 points per play (NBA average: 1.13).

Limit Big 3's supporting cast: Don't blame the losses on the Heat's Big 3. James, Wade and Chris Bosh averaged 68.5 points per game and 18 assists in the two losses to the Bulls. The trio averaged 56.5 points per game in wins, down from their 64.5 average, but added 24 assists. Miami's supporting cast has performed well in Heat wins against the Bulls, averaging 39 points on 52 percent shooting. But in the two losses, they averaged 24.5 points and 35 percent shooting.

Not sure what you guys consider cheap because I haven't been to the madhouse on Madison yet.

I consider Barclays cheap, especially in comparison to the Garden. Game 1 I had lower level row 7 seats, I paid $123 on stubhub. Game 1 tix for the Garden started at $200 for the nosebleed 400 section :smh: ...... Game 7 I sat in the 2nd deck center court at Barclays, came out $84 on stubhub. I think that's cheap for playoff games. I would assume the regular season tix are cheaper.

I would love to pay $123 for lower level here. Playoffs, no less! By the way, I think it's pretty ill that JPeriod handles Barclay's playlist :pimp:

Let's just say you may be shocked at the prices here, depending on the opponent. Plus, assume the prices may slightly bump upward when DRose is back next season.

I share season tickets with a few friends and go the StubHub route for the games I don't have tickets for. The other poster is right, for marquee games against MIA or OKC standing room can be $80-$100. That means 300 level seats will go for around $100-$130, and so on. This also increases during playoffs.

shhh ive paid over a buck a ticket to see them beat the bobacts on my girls bday...paying that for playoff tickets :wow: :wow:

we will win g1

bulls 88 warm 79

:lol: sounds like the Madhouse is on par with the Garden in comparison to regular season and playoff tickets so I should know what to expect ..

we will win g1

bulls 88 warm 79

:lol: sounds like the Madhouse is on par with the Garden in comparison to regular season and playoff tickets so I should know what to expect ..

My wife paid 4cash for to sit in the 100 level during Game 2 of the ECF when she sent me for father's day :smh:

Last edited:
"The truth in the matter is this. Derrick Rose wants to play. He wanted to play at the end of March. He had March on his calendar. Here is where the problem lies. Reggie Rose wanted and still wants his brother to sit out the season. Both BJ Armstrong and Reggie Rose have told Derrick that if he sits out the season it will lower his chance for re injury. Derrick Rose as always has heeded the advice of his brother. Here is where it gets sticky. Derrick Rose has not accepted that he will sit out the season. He still believes he will come back this season as his brother also told him that if the time is right he can return. The problem is that nobody knows when the time will be right. The Bulls management has gone directly to Derrick Rose numerous times, most recently before the playoffs began and talked about shutting him down. Rose turned down that idea because he wants to play. He feels he can play but is being advised not to play. Sources state that if Reinsdorf had told BJ and Reggie that Derrick should play this season if he could then he would be playing but Reinsdorf gave BJ and Reggie full control. He has also told Paxson and Foreman that he do not have control over the matter. This is where it becomes very frustrating for management and where the disconnect is with the fans."

Latest rumor

IDC what the odds are against us we need to win game 1 if we want to really upset the Heat and take this series. Heat fans are by far some of the most annoying fans right up there with LA and I refuse to deal with there mouth. Not going to be easy but that article posted in the last page sums up what must be done, stopping corner 3 pointers, limiting there transition points, and roughing the entire Heat part will be huge in our success

"The truth in the matter is this. Derrick Rose wants to play. He wanted to play at the end of March. He had March on his calendar. Here is where the problem lies. Reggie Rose wanted and still wants his brother to sit out the season. Both BJ Armstrong and Reggie Rose have told Derrick that if he sits out the season it will lower his chance for re injury. Derrick Rose as always has heeded the advice of his brother. Here is where it gets sticky. Derrick Rose has not accepted that he will sit out the season. He still believes he will come back this season as his brother also told him that if the time is right he can return. The problem is that nobody knows when the time will be right. The Bulls management has gone directly to Derrick Rose numerous times, most recently before the playoffs began and talked about shutting him down. Rose turned down that idea because he wants to play. He feels he can play but is being advised not to play. Sources state that if Reinsdorf had told BJ and Reggie that Derrick should play this season if he could then he would be playing but Reinsdorf gave BJ and Reggie full control. He has also told Paxson and Foreman that he do not have control over the matter. This is where it becomes very frustrating for management and where the disconnect is with the fans."

Latest rumor

why the hell would JR give BJ & RR FULL control that doesnt even sound right bro....where did this come from?

can't believe what im reading about deng.......the worst luck for the bulls this year

none the less im excited to see the bulls play the heat even as huge underdogs

Yeah i can't see JR going that far... but I can see him holding Pooh this whole season strictly based off this article alone

CHICAGO -- Michael Jordan responded Monday to Chicago Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf comparing Derrick Rose's injury situation to the one Jordan experienced with the Bulls in 1985.

Jordan admitted his viewpoint has changed from the time he was a player to his current role as owner of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Gallery: Rose's Career

Follow Derrick Rose's career in photos.
Pics Latest on Rose » Blog »

"I have a unique perspective," Jordan told ESPNChicago.com. "I've been a player, I've been in that scenario, and I would definitely consult with the player and I would never take his opinion, desire or feelings for granted.

"You have to factor that in."

Speaking Saturday on ESPN 1000's "Talkin' Baseball," Reinsdorf was asked about Rose, who had surgery May 12 to repair a torn ACL in his left knee and is expected to take eight to 12 months to recover.

"I'm not going to let him back until the doctors tell me that it's absolutely safe for him to come back," Reinsdorf said. "I made that mistake with Michael Jordan years ago where I think we let him come back too soon. It worked out OK, but it might not have.

"This time I'm not going to make that mistake. Until the doctors say he's 100 percent and they put their reputations on the line, he's not coming back."

Jordan's injury, a broken left foot, was less serious than a torn ACL. Sustained in the third game of the 1985-86 season, he ended up missing 64 games before coming back for the Bulls' final 15 regular-season contests. He led the Bulls in scoring in their final eight games and helped them reach the playoffs, where they lost to Boston in the first round in three straight. Jordan's 63 points in a double-overtime loss in Boston on April 20, 1986 remains an NBA record for most points in a playoff game.

Reinsdorf told ESPNChicago.com in 2011 that his motivation to keep Jordan sidelined was fear the injury could ultimately end his career.

"I was scared to death he was going to be hurt again, and that would be the last we would ever see of Michael Jordan," Reinsdorf said.

Jordan remembers it well and said he was annoyed with Reinsdorf and then-general manager Jerry Krause for not allowing him back as soon as he wanted, then limiting his participation.

Gallery: Rose's Career

Follow Derrick Rose's career in photos.
Pics Latest on Rose » Blog »

"The thing was, at the time, we were going through a rebuilding process, and I was practicing two hours a day and that was the thing that bothered me more than anything," Jordan said. "If I can go through two-hour practices, as intense as I practice, then when the game came, they gave me a seven-minute window (in each half) to play.

"That's when I felt more frustrated than anything. I felt more than anything they were positioning themselves for the draft and I didn't feel good being part of that. I felt I was an all-out player who didn't half-*** anything, and they wanted to move up (in the draft). I was a player, I wanted to play."

The Bulls' team physician at the time, James Hefferon, cleared Jordan to play but he said two other doctors who examined Jordan at the behest of the team advised the player take it more conservatively.

"(Reinsdorf) obviously had a different perspective of things," Jordan said. "Being where I am now (as owner of the Bobcats), I understand it a little bit differently, but if a player wants to play and is doing all the necessary things ... It wasn't just me saying I was good enough to play. I went through the process. And Doc Hefferon, who I had the highest regard for, said I was OK."

In the end, Reinsdorf acquiesced in time for the playoffs. But for Jordan, even some 27 years later, it will never be soon enough.

"Granted, I know the business and you have to be somewhat conservative for the long-term, but you still have to take into consideration the player, how he responds to pain, what kind of guy he is," Jordan said. "That's the difference between Jerry and myself. I've been there, done that, experienced that. And if I know a player well enough, I'm going to understand where he's coming from."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...ordan-responds-comparison-derrick-rose-injury

That 1st quote about him saying yeah it worked out ok but what if it didn't & the scared to death he might get hurt again... those are the ones that makes believe this is still JR call. Yeah this was written back in August but you can read the man 2nd guessing himself about a decision that went right damn near 30yrs ago all in his words... Would surprise me one bit if he's doing that NOW.

Last edited:
If that article is true which I have no clue that just makes Derrick look even worse as a grown man, and makes the rose camp look like the villains. Not a big fan of reggie and that camp and i give all sides blame but Im gonna give Derrick the benefit of the doubt on that one he shown to be a high character person....... at the same time its not that far fetched Derrick listening to his brother. Moving along ready to focus on the team we have going forward. Lets get a W tonight

Not talking about Heat fans on here, but some of their bandwagon crew are a pain in the ***. My boy is really a Bron fan,but he puts up a front. He wants to bet the series with no odds, no game by game betting. I'm like dude I might as well hand you my checkbook.

Says a lot when our team is missing two all stars and a solid PG and they're at 100%. Still scared.

I feel either a close W for us, or a blowout. Yes, that's a wide range between the possibilities :lol:

Back
Top Bottom