Bulls offseason Thread

^
As it stands for next year it's at 65 mill, but that's with Booz still on the books and a bunch of cap holds that prob won't even be here like Amundson, Smith, James and a few other chips to throw in a trade.

If you want a general overview, I'd prob say that as long as they kept Gasol at 10 mill or below we prob still have 3-4 mill to play with along with the MLE and a few other exceptions.

*******Edit********
Here's a more accurate account brought to us by the good people at basketball-reference.com

Remember some/most of those players aren't signed and we could revoke their rights and lose that cap hold and others we can't like Randolph and Hamilton......even in bball death Hamilton is still mocking us. We used that stretch prov to spread his remaining salary out.

Last edited:
Not too excited for this Gasol signing.

Haven't watched Laker basketball in years but how much of an upgrade is he from Booz 

He isn't slow and lazy. He can actually shoot and rebound.

Rebounding would be nice but he can't be staring off the bench.please ima be pissed if not..hes ******* 34 yrs old man no starter..taj needs his minutes to grow and expand..he needs to start..

Boozer pau dunleavy picks.in s&t 4 melo
??????? Will it fit? I think Phil will bite..that's a nice package

Last edited:

Rebounding would be nice but he can't be staring off the bench.please ima be pissed if not..hes ******* 34 yrs old man no starter..taj needs his minutes to grow and expand..he needs to start..

Yea, hoping Chicago isn't done. Now that we have Pau, I'd be more comfortable including Taj in any trades.

*crosses fingers

:lol: no

I don't think it's even possible to do that with pau

Last edited:
Not too excited for this Gasol signing.

Haven't watched Laker basketball in years but how much of an upgrade is he from Booz 

If we keep Taj and Pau comes off the bench he would kill opposing bench bigs. Can make our smallball lineups more potent too.

Even at 34 he is no Boozer..not even close. He killed Jo twice last season...not to mention D'Antoni completely mis used him. Don't sleep on this signing...

Last edited:
i don't get it what are the bulls doing? they just abandoned getting melo? melo got offered max a week ago by knicks and lakers and hasn't agreed yet...looks like lakers moved on and its bulls knicks....why can't they wait?
is it possible for the lakers to sign him to a max deal and deal him to the bulls sign and trade?

i'm not crazy signing pau and hes going to want to start....

maybe, signing pau makes them more willing to part with gibson, dunleavy, mcdermott, draft picks for melo?

Last edited:
Bulls should offer Taj and the expiring contracts of Boozer and Dunleavy and see if that's enough for a sign and trade to NY...

Maybe, if the only other choice is Melo walks for nothing, and their contracts give you more money to spend the next off season

Last edited:
Maybe, if the only other choice is Melo walks for nothing, and their contract gives you more money to spend the next off season

Let Melo walk and get cap space, or pick up players in a trade you don't really want?

I'd think you'd have to give them mirotic anyways.

As it stands, about how much money can you offer Melo per season?

Y'all gotta keep Taj here in your proposals. If Melo wants the man here, they gotta find a way to get it done. It's almost like when Kobe acted like he wanted to be here, but luol couldn't be in the trade because he wanted to play with him.

Also, I don't think you can trade free agents signings until December. You can sign ad trade your own man but I believe you're restricted when you sign a free agent from another team.

Not sure Melo will play enough defensive to gel with the Bulls though. When you only jack up shots, it can only get you so far.

they say the Pau deal is basically done, by no means am i complaining about getting pau easily better than boozer. However I pray they didnt promise that man he be a starter. As one of you said let Taj develop geesh. Pau can get more than enough minutes playing the 4 and the 5 behind Taj and Noah

You guys gotta watch Melo more if all you think he does is throw up shots :smh: ..

Knicks like Taj, they feel like he can fit in with the triangle.

i don't get it what are the bulls doing? they just abandoned getting melo? melo got offered max a week ago by knicks and lakers and hasn't agreed yet...looks like lakers moved on and its bulls knicks....why can't they wait?
is it possible for the lakers to sign him to a max deal and deal him to the bulls sign and trade?

i'm not crazy signing pau and hes going to want to start....

maybe, signing pau makes them more willing to part with gibson, dunleavy, mcdermott, draft picks for melo?

Ain't much more to tell Air273.
Chances were slim to none to actually acquiring Melo.
I personally feel that Melo's clown âss was feeling looked over after Brons decision and wanted to drag his FA out longer and just threw our team out there to give himself the attention he so desperately craves.

Either way good move by the FO and like others have stated we're not done dealing, maybe now we have the pieces necessary to get Love....who knows, but having too many big men is definitely not a problem.

Kudos to the FO for refusing to be held hostage by this lame áss diva, and staying active and acquiring other pieces....they really did learn a lot after 2010. I really wouldn't even be mad at Melo for choosing NY but the fact that before he even decided or tell teams if he would commit this clown was already trying to recruit for the Knicks......real disingenuous, and shows lack of character.

Back
Top Bottom