Business Major HELP!

So, I'm not sure what to major in.....

Accounting, Finance, or Economics....?

I was thinking Economics because the class was easier compared to Accounting, but I'm not sure there are too many jobs out there for econ major? ( I heard it's either work for the govt or work as a professor teaching Economics?)

Could you guys give me some info on all 3 majors? Like which one offers the most jobs, salary, and what type of personality fits best for each?

- I'd prefer to work with other people as to working alone all day

Originally Posted by niketalk7

I was thinking Economics because the class was easier compared to Accounting, but I'm not sure there are too many jobs out there for econ major? ( I heard it's either work for the govt or work as a professor teaching Economics?)

Could you guys give me some info on all 3 majors? Like which one offers the most jobs, salary, and what type of personality fits best for each?

Engineering

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Engineering
Obviously if he was an Engineering major or was thinking about engineering he wouldn't ask this question. From a financial perspective he's got a point engineering or med school. But since you asked business, I will say Accounting.I'm an accounting major myself, so it might be some bias. However, I actually do like accounting and it's pretty much the most stable one right now. What school are you going to anyway?

I am a recent Finance major and here is my advice:

Accounting - "Safe Major", good amount of jobs, boring
Finance - fun (if you like money), decreasing amount of jobs, very competitive (need a great GPA), if you do well there will be a large payoff
Econ - Good all around major. A lot of companies will consider you for an accounting or finance job.

If I can go back in time though.......as boring and difficult as it is.....get a degree in MATH. This will open a lot of doors to you and your skills will be very valuable to a lot of companies in many different industries.

Major in Finance and minor in Economics. That's my plan, at least. Or maybe just double major.

But go accounting if you want to be assured of having work when you graduate.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Engineering

Woman Studies

Back
Top Bottom