BYU: Brandon Davies - what did he even do?

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Gunna - outside of athletes I think the population of students is 0% non LDS from my understanding.

wow.

I think its probably the code that keeps those numbers like that

bc schools like ND and BC have a wide student base who arent respectively Catholic or Protestant

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Gunna - outside of athletes I think the population of students is 0% non LDS from my understanding.

wow.

I think its probably the code that keeps those numbers like that

bc schools like ND and BC have a wide student base who arent respectively Catholic or Protestant

Damn kicked off for that? That code must be ridiculously strict but now they just cost their team a possible shot at a natl title 
laugh.gif
. I guess in the long run Morals > Accolades but I'm sure that the members of the team are pissed. 

Damn kicked off for that? That code must be ridiculously strict but now they just cost their team a possible shot at a natl title 
laugh.gif
. I guess in the long run Morals > Accolades but I'm sure that the members of the team are pissed. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Went to BYU in the first place.

laugh.gif

the honor code is no joke man.

often times its kids own teammates and friends who "inform" the higher ups of code violation. I dont think I'd be able to pull that off on someone I call friend or teammate

But part of the Honor Code is actively encouraging others to follow the Honor Code.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Went to BYU in the first place.

laugh.gif

the honor code is no joke man.

often times its kids own teammates and friends who "inform" the higher ups of code violation. I dont think I'd be able to pull that off on someone I call friend or teammate

But part of the Honor Code is actively encouraging others to follow the Honor Code.

30t6p3b.gif

they missed games because they were played on sunday..rugby??

but Catholics are more welcoming, i guess you can say?
laugh.gif
they have less rules.

Christian schools are serious they make you go to chapel.... ala.., Pepperdine, Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern, Campbell, Lispcomb some d1 schools i can think off. i know if you're not christian im sure you don't wanna have to go to chapel and take a new and old testament class or some other religious class.
laugh.gif

they missed games because they were played on sunday..rugby??

but Catholics are more welcoming, i guess you can say?
laugh.gif
they have less rules.

Christian schools are serious they make you go to chapel.... ala.., Pepperdine, Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern, Campbell, Lispcomb some d1 schools i can think off. i know if you're not christian im sure you don't wanna have to go to chapel and take a new and old testament class or some other religious class.
laugh.gif

Props to BYU though being able to recruit people into that situation though. Its not like all these kids come from Utah.

Pulling in a Jimmer Fredette is one thing but they won a damn NC in football and could be a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney. Boggles my mind how they get kids like Davies there in the first place.

Props to BYU though being able to recruit people into that situation though. Its not like all these kids come from Utah.

Pulling in a Jimmer Fredette is one thing but they won a damn NC in football and could be a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney. Boggles my mind how they get kids like Davies there in the first place.

Langfor5:

Yes.

EVERY student at BYU, regardless of religious affiliation must sign and abide by the Honor Code to attend there.

Langfor5:

Yes.

EVERY student at BYU, regardless of religious affiliation must sign and abide by the Honor Code to attend there.

Its a strict way to live. Mike Loyd transfered before this year cause he didnt like the rules. BYU lost starting RB Harvey Unga too because of an honor code violation. Its tough, but its their rules.

Its a strict way to live. Mike Loyd transfered before this year cause he didnt like the rules. BYU lost starting RB Harvey Unga too because of an honor code violation. Its tough, but its their rules.

There are stories of fellow students snitching on you for things such as wearing new shoes at a dance, your hair being 1/4 inch on your collar. It could be literally anything.

But the funny thing about the honor code is that when you are on the playing field or court, it's really all thrown out the window. These guys cuss, complain, and do all sorts of normal things you would expect

Back
Top Bottom