***:::C.C. Sabathia is an official Yankee:::***

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

smh.gif
at the yanks both New York teams STILL trying to buy a championship...
Fixed.

K-Rod and Sabathia to NYC.

Who's next?
How are you going to use K-Rod as an example dude, Brad Lidge signed for even more money last season (3 years at 38M with the Phillies).

Don't hate just because both NYC franchises make a TON of money. Mets budget is 138M....there are 13 other teams with a payroll ranging from 90M-140M(Yankees are the exception at 200M).

I don't see whats wrong with owners spending money to win, there are a lot of teams making tons of money but are being cheap. I wonder how easy work mustbe for the media covering the Pirates during these winter meetings, dude's probably at the slot machines all day.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

dreClark:
SMH.

I cant help but think that he's gonna SUCK now that he is a Yank.

Please prove me wrong C.C

frown.gif
Prove that man right, Sabathia!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

I hope he's as successful as Randy Johnson for you guys, or Jason Giambi. Or even Andruw for the Dodgers.

roll.gif
......Ive got love for him because he's a bay area cat, but its pretty obvious that dudes crumble under the pressure out there

yankees definitely over paid him they could have signed about 17 young dominican pitchers with that money

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I really don't see this panning out well. Everybody talks about how durable he is because he can go on short rest...that !%++ will DEFINITELY catch up to him in the long run. He's got 4 years left, tops IMO.

Yankees still won't make the playoffs.
1) he has more then 4 years left
2) We will make the playoffs

Originally Posted by outkast9984

It shows the Yanks are desperate. i mean they bid against themselves....playing at homeis great but hey hes not an idiot.... 160 is a lot of dough.... im not a yankee fan and im not going to hate but im not ready to proclaim them the best team in the AL yet.. there is still work to be done on that team..
Why yes indeed.... we are more then desperate for some damn starting pitching. You don't EVEN KNOW.
And by the way our team will be fine. We're making the playoffs.
We would have made the playoffs last year if not for WANG getting injured.... people forget he was out... and people forget his 38 wins in 2 seasons. Plus Jobagot hurt at one point too.
Last year is over though.... now time to get the SP in order for this year.
No more seeing PONSON or PAVANO
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

1. CC Sabathia
2. Wang
3. AJ Burnett/Derek Lowe
4. Pettitte/Ben Sheets
5. Joba

^most likely scenario (
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
)

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Another bad signing. CC is gonna get destroyed in the AL East.

There are so many ridiculous statements in this thread like this one. People should do some research before posting.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The opt-out clause after 3 seasons is really good for the Yankees as it saves them money in the long-term if he sucks or gets injured.

laugh.gif
Heres another one.

What I don't understand is how the Yanks are trying to buy another Championship? Is it the Yanks fault that no other team wanted to outbid us?

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

what the $$%! was the point of not pursuing johan if you're going to do %#%* like this?
grin.gif
he better have atleast 15w's
WE would have had to get rid of hughes/IPK for Johan.....Cash has a feeling hughes is goign to be something special...he is only like 22 or 23

what the $$%! was the point of not pursuing johan if you're going to do %#%* like this?
grin.gif
that was a trade situation, not a FA signing...i believe, right?

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

What I don't understand is how the Yanks are trying to buy another Championship? Is it the Yanks fault that no other team wanted to outbid us?
More importantly.... we only have TWO... TWO major league starters right now.
Wang & Joba
And one of those is up for debate....
That's 3/4 holes.
That's 3/4 SP we had/have to get....
Got to fill the holes with someone, happens to be the best pitcher on the market for HUGE $
laugh.gif

grin.gif
1. We still have Hughes, Kennedy, and whoever else.... CC cost no young talent
2. He's going to get 15+ wins provided he stays healthy.

Im starting to believe that people are not even thinking before posting.

grin.gif

Are you serious dude? I have been the biggest critic of the Yankees for not going after Johan, but these are COMPLETELY different circumstances. Again, do someresearch.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

grin.gif
that was a trade situation, not a FA signing...i believe, right?
Yeah exactly
laugh.gif

Its pretty cool for CC to be able to throw the first pitch ever in new Yankee Stadium.

Originally Posted by dland24

Its pretty cool for CC to be able to throw the first pitch ever in new Yankee Stadium.
If he starts that day...we open the season on like a 2 week road trip
laugh.gif

Hey yall better keep his %$% out of BurgerKing,the indians coulnt do it,showed up every year over weight....

I see a lot of you guys leaving Hughes off your list. What happened to all the hype he was getting when he was throwing a no hitter before he got hurt?

Back
Top Bottom