the yanks needed a pitcher and had to make an offer sabathia couldn't refuse

opt out clause is the biggest thing

not sure if cc can handle the ny media if things start going bad
lets just hope he doesnt shove a cameraman, lol

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

smh.gif
at the yanks both New York teams STILL trying to buy a championship...
Fixed.

K-Rod and Sabathia to NYC.

Who's next?
How are you going to use K-Rod as an example dude, Brad Lidge signed for even more money last season (3 years at 38M with the Phillies).

Don't hate just because both NYC franchises make a TON of money. Mets budget is 138M....there are 13 other teams with a payroll ranging from 90M-140M (Yankees are the exception at 200M).

I don't see whats wrong with owners spending money to win, there are a lot of teams making tons of money but are being cheap. I wonder how easy work must be for the media covering the Pirates during these winter meetings, dude's probably at the slot machines all day.
laugh.gif
a) name one other big-money free agent that the Phillies have signed in the past five years. Thome. I'll even give you Tom Gordon. Butthat's it. The Mets stay throwing barrels of cash at Beltran, Pedro, Glavine, Alou, Wagner, etc., and it's yet to bring them even an NL crown, muchless a World Series.

b) I'm not hating, I just get tired of the Yankees being labeled as the "Evil Empire" because they're "trying to buy achampionship", while the team right across town has been doing the same thing for the past five, six years. If you can afford it, spend the money,I'm cool with that, I just don't understand how the Yanks get a worse rap than anyone else who's doing the same.

c) I'm a Pirates fan
ohwell.gif

^^^I see the point you are making. My brother and I talked about this last night. The Mets keep getting these big name players every year, and they stillchoke. Must be frustrating.

So you would have preferred the Mets not fill their biggest need, closer, with the best talent available? Especially when he is making less than the Philliescloser. I feel bad for you being a Pirates fan.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

So you would have preferred the Mets not fill their biggest need, closer, with the best talent available? Especially when he is making less than the Phillies closer. I feel bad for you being a Pirates fan.
a) when did I say anything of the sort? As I stated above, if you've got the money to spend, spend it. I just don't understand why theMets' spending isn't greeted with the same vitriol as the Yankees' is. Maybe because the Yankees have been doing it for longer, who knows?

b) yeah, it sucks. They're "looking" at David Eckstein. Hoo-*#!++*+-rah.

I posted this in the Winter Meetings thread.

C.C. is a Yankee. I don't know if I feel
pimp.gif
or
ohwell.gif

Don't get me wrong. He is a great pitcher, a workhorse. However, it's been said how he didn't really have an interest in playing here in New York,how he didn't want to raise his kids in NY and he preferred the West Coast. But hey, money talks right? We "got our man" now, so to speak, butthe issue I am looking at is that he did it for the money. At the moment, I'm happy with the deal, but not ecstatic. It may change on when I hear whatSabathia has to say at his press conference.

Hopefully he just goes out every 5th day and pitches the way we all know he can.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

i love the avy btw...who is that?
Dani Woodward.

She's cute, but that picture makes her look gorgeous.

A Googling will bring up very NSFW pictures.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

Dani Woodward.

thanks for the heads up
laugh.gif

Here's another thing I wanted to say. See, everyo...
PrurientSole:
DeadsetAce:

Dani Woodward.

...wait, nevermind. BRB

The years/money isn't surprising, though the Yankees were essentially bidding against themselves.

The opt-out clause after 3 years? A little bit. Anyone know the details of it? If he's hurt/no longer productive and his value is down, the Yankees arestuck with it. If he's at the top of his game after 3 years but the Yankees situation just isn't what he wants anymore, he's free to go elsewhere?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Here's another thing I wanted to say. See, everyo...
PrurientSole:
DeadsetAce:
Dani Woodward.

...wait, nevermind. BRB

laugh.gif

...honestly, i think she looked A LOT better when she first "came" on to the scene.
nerd.gif

While we all admit it's within the Yankees right to spend what they want, as usual.....the fact of the matter is the same 2-3 teams blow prices out of thewater, set new bars to be topped the next year, and we continue to have a sport that has a minor league system in the major leagues. It's never been good,and I dont care if the "World Series winner" has been different the last few years. Dang near half the league's fans can't see players playthrough their careers....they know the second that contract runs out well time to move to LA or NY. Ehhh no hate on NY, we all want teams like that....but MLBIMO is so flawed its a joke. On many levels.

I can only image if the NFL was like this.

laugh.gif
at ska... c.c. is the man. i only wish the mariners spent their money on good players. i'm so sick of the mariners organization, from top to bottom

So, I've come to the conclusion that either the back of the Post or Daily News will read this tomorrow:

"$.$. Sabathia to the Yankees"

Originally Posted by bkmac

So, I've come to the conclusion that either the back of the Post or Daily News will read this tomorrow:

"$.$. Sabathia to the Yankees"
or something corny like sabathia says "c" to the yanks

Originally Posted by ddot7

I'm sure he was just holding out to try to get the best offer possible, even if it would've come down to taking a little less from a west coast team. Since the Yankees offer was substantially higher, he went with that.

Congrats, dude is a beast. Let's see who the Yankees get next.
Manny, then Sheets, then Peavy

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

By the way, I'm almost sure CC didn't wanna play in NY, so Cash-man had to throw an insane amount of money at CC to get him to agree.

Ah well, can't wait to see him in pinstripes. He completely owned us a couple years ago in the playoffs.
frown.gif

He didn't that's the thing.
laugh.gif

His requests were a) to play in the National League and b) play on the West Coast.

Like those dudes said on PTI a few days ago we'll see if the $$$$$$$$ overpowers his specific requests and it did.

Back
Top Bottom