Calculus Unappreciation vol. @#$#, how am I supposed to solve this?!

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

im sure all the people that are breezing through calculus find philosophy or even english hard
laugh.gif
better edit that or you will get banned
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

answer is 4, BAM easy
Took the test on those scantron sheets. On most of them I was like, "well.... haven't used C in a while"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StonedFace

Pre-cal was OD tough in HS already, cant imagine taking actual calculus

Pre-cal was easy
laugh.gif
What ever you do next time, don't do this
answerc.jpg

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

answer is 4, BAM easy
Took the test on those scantron sheets. On most of them I was like, "well.... haven't used C in a while"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StonedFace

Pre-cal was OD tough in HS already, cant imagine taking actual calculus

Pre-cal was easy
laugh.gif
What ever you do next time, don't do this
answerc.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You can say Math teacher unappreciation

I took Calc in college, our professor would talk primarily about his sick daughter...the examples he showed us were pretty straight forward, but when it came to tests he'd put +!%@ we've never seen before! Needless to say i flunked the class even after him saying i'd be ok, there's always extra credit...

The class ruined my GPA
mad.gif

I re-took that class at a community college that summer and transferred over the credits walked out with an A
pimp.gif

Got put on probation and then given Calc as a mandatory class that I had to get a B in or get kicked out.

Tried to set me up for failure (again)
smh.gif

I've never heard of a "mandatory" class in such a manner. I know when I was on probation, I took Cinema (Tarantino), Poetry, & Ecology to guarantee success
laugh.gif

Calculus is easy once you learn the basics of derivation and integration, and a little bit of L'Hopital's Rule...

After you learn that, everything else comes easy, you just have to remember when to integrate and derive certain terms when asked in different applications...

Just be glad most of you haven't ran into Convolution, Fourier Transforms, and LaPlace Transforms...
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ my dude on page 1 who said Pre-Calc was hard...sorry but that's just funny...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

passed w/ a C with very minimal studying and not doing HW
embarassed.gif

I just didn't feel like any of the stuff would be applied anywhere in life so I guess it shut me down..
laugh.gif

i'm taking a 2 hour cal class. and it was the worse decision i've ever made. it's way too hard to pay attention the whole class period so I end up dozing off and missing stuff.
and plus I just got my books last friday so I'm a chapter behind
and to the EE majors how much of this stuff do you actually use in the workplace? throughout the summers I've been interning I have yet to use any of the stuff they teach us in school

Calculus 1-3 was pretty easy. Calc 2 was the hardest out of the squence for me because 3D space is hard for me to visualize on a sheet of paper.
Differential Equations was the easiest math i had in college...

By far the hardest was Advance Engineering Math. That class was all about Fourier Transforms and what not. None of which i use in my job now....

and to the EE majors how much of this stuff do you actually use in the workplace? throughout the summers I've been interning I have yet to use any of the stuff they teach us in school

It all depends on what job that you go into...

Electrical Engineering can range from Microelectronics... to computer/comp sci... to signals... to construction... its a very broad field, it depends on your concentration...

I'm and Electrical Construction Engineer, and the most I've used at my job is some calculus... but I work a lot with power systems, which is something they barely touched on at my school...

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by BigShake

Originally Posted by frenchhustler19091

theoretical discrete math for comp sci.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I HATED that class with a passion.

sick.gif
I have to take that...How was it compared to calc 2?

nerd.gif
Its pretty much the same... except mainly variables...

Summations and a bunch of other crap i dont even remember... i got a C in that class
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Electrical Engineering can range from Microelectronics... to computer/comp sci... to signals... to construction... its a very broad field, it depends on your concentration...

I'm and Electrical Construction Engineer, and the most I've used at my job is some calculus... but I work a lot with power systems, which is something they barely touched on at my school...

okay so far i've really only messed with the programming aspect of it. i'm going to start with microelectronics with this new co-op....how are you liking construction? I never knew about that

Originally Posted by omgitswes

okay so far i've really only messed with the programming aspect of it. i'm going to start with microelectronics with this new co-op....how are you liking construction? I never knew about that

Construction is nice...

You get exposed to a lot of field work, deal with a lot of high voltages, and since my agency is the governing authority on all projects, we get to tell people wat to do...
pimp.gif

You also see a lot of designing and interract with a bunch of different important people... It way less strenuous than the work I did in college...

The only problem is just learning about power systems, which can be difficult because there's not too many schools that teach or offer courses in power systems analysis... so I learn a lot of this stuff "on-the-fly", if you will...

But I've been here about a year and a half, and I'm enjoying it...

Learning about microelectronics is ok, but you'll probably deal a lot with semiconductor technology, digital logic, and/or signals and systems... and they can become somewhat confusing... good stuff to learn tho...

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Just be glad most of you haven't ran into Convolution, Fourier Transforms, and LaPlace Transforms... 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
they don't seem too difficult once you get the grasp of it. And Laplace Transforms are ridiculously easy, applying them to real world applications however, i.e. system controls, is another story. As an AE, we deal more with vectors and such. Pretty much simple calculus can cover most of what we learn in the undergrad course though I'm not sure if I want to find out how bad things get in grad school.

Back
Top Bottom