Calif. Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old

:lol: @ people taking the article at face value...

Lettuce be cereal... Is it out of the realm of possibility that maybe... JUST maybe... The cops didn't exhaust all the necessary measures before firing 7 rounds...?

I mean... Really...

:lol: @ people taking the article at face value...

Lettuce be cereal... Is it out of the realm of possibility that maybe... JUST maybe... The cops didn't exhaust all the necessary measures before firing 7 rounds...?

I mean... Really...

maybe they did.. really not enough info either way... so we should just not jump to any conclusions and just give our condolences to the life lost and to the trauma of having to live your life knowing you killed a child who couldn't harm you.

How old is 13 really? At age 13 I know for damn sure id drop whatevers in my hand that resembles an ak. Juss sayin

Kid should have complied.

Let the cop bashing start in 3....2....1.....

Stop it. Some of you act like there's a NT witch hunt for cops even when they're not grossly negligent and committing cold blooded murder. This obviously isn't one of those all to frequent disturbing cases.

Btw asking the question could the cops have taken additional steps to preserve human life IS NOT cop bashing.

Last edited:
I mean, kids are shooting up others at alarming rates these days. I can see how the cops would "overreact" with a kid walking around with a replica rifle

Sad story, but parents need to realize that guns aren't toys. Kids have no business playing with "toys" that look like that. I'm all for teaching kids about guns but there needs to be a responsibility component to it. TAke your kids hunting or to the range. Don't just let em run around with authentic looking "toys"

How old is 13 really? At age 13 I know for damn sure id drop whatevers in my hand that resembles an ak. Juss sayin

Dude didn't drop it. Lets be srs at 13 years old we have enough common sense.

Ofcourse, but truth be told I doubt you would be walking the streets with the gun in your hand anyway, orange tip or not.

maybe the kid didnt speak english or something. unfortunate but you never know these days, could have been a real gun

Even if that is true, no matter where you are whatever country if you have a gun in your hands fake or real and cops roll up on you the first thing you are going to do is drop the weapon. If you are looking for trouble or to make a statement then you will hold on to it.

That is what it is plain and simple. We can't blame it on a language barrier. I'm not always in support of police and the things they do, but I will admit that they do have a hard job. Their lives are on the line every time they are called out, and morons like this kid don't make it easier. A 12 year old from Nevada just killed his teacher and himself on Monday. This **** isn't a joke, this kid was beyond stupid and if he was told to drop it and he didn't then he deserves what he got. It's time to start looking past the age of the offender, and look at the crime/offense being committed. These kids are crazy now and should be held accountable for what they do.

Last edited:
why shoot to kill?  Give him a few leg/foot shots

Last edited by a moderator:
why shoot to kill?  Give him a few leg/foot shots

Shoulda shot him in the hand. Stupid cops

Not commenting on this case in particular.
But pretty much all police departments nationwide have a standard of use of force that covers deadly force.
Use of a firearm by the police is considered deadly force in ALL circumstances. Meaning, whenever a police officer determines that it is necessary to use his gun, the officer must also determine that it is necessary for the perpetrator to die.
There is no such thing as a warning shot, or disarming shot in law enforcement. As mentioned above, if the police felt that LESS than deadly force was appropriate, they would use "non-lethal" force such as a taser or beanbag

Stop it. Some of you act like there's a NT witch hunt for cops even when they're not grossly negligent and committing cold blooded murder. This obviously isn't one of those all to frequent disturbing cases.

Btw asking the question could the cops have taken additional steps to preserve human life IS NOT cop bashing.
QFT.  We should be able to hold them to a higher standard and complain when they do stupid things that cost lives
mean.gif

RIP to the kid
tired.gif

c'mon, would you want somebody putting holes in your foambz?
especially those doppler radars .

anyways, i don't like cops but i think the kid is at fault. he was at the age where he thought he was cool/tough/invincible. 

but damn that gun looks real.

what do you mean a higher standard?

police officers are some of our bravest most courageous members of society.  if anything we need to thank them for what they do rather then hold them to a higher standard.   sometime unfortunate mistakes happen but this cop did nothing wrong.  he felt like his life was in danger.

this is NT though where everyone hates the police but would be quick to run to the same cops they diss with their tails between their legs if something happened to them. 

cops never get in trouble in these situations because whenever investigations are done, the truth comes out always. 

I sense the sarcasm...

Still, the requirements to be a cop should be a lot better. I know for LAPD, it is a major plan b for a lot of people, :lol:. Should be a position where a degree is required.

I sense the sarcasm...

Still, the requirements to be a cop should be a lot better. I know for LAPD, it is a major plan b for a lot of people, :lol:. Should be a position where a degree is required.

Cant speak for other municipalities, but the NYPD requires a 4 year degree, and I think that is becoming increasingly commonplace

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom