Calif. Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old

Not commenting on this case in particular.
But pretty much all police departments nationwide have a standard of use of force that covers deadly force.
Use of a firearm by the police is considered deadly force in ALL circumstances. Meaning, whenever a police officer determines that it is necessary to use his gun, the officer must also determine that it is necessary for the perpetrator to die.
There is no such thing as a warning shot, or disarming shot in law enforcement. As mentioned above, if the police felt that LESS than deadly force was appropriate, they would use "non-lethal" force such as a taser or beanbag

QFT. Cops are only supposed to fire their firearm when they are going to attempt to kill something. Based on that logic officers are trained to shoot at the torso because its the largest mass and will most likely get a hit. Non lethal force would have been a taser. If that kid did not comply and pointed that gun at an officer you can bet the officer isn't thinking about tasing the kid.

This is in my home town. Literally 15 minutes away from their right now. My old warehouse used to be on that block. Not a safe place. Lots of grow houses in that area. I read that he had just transferred to a school called Lewis which is the school for problem kids in the area. Not to mention he apparently had another toy gun tucked into his waist band. Wish he wasn't dead but from initial reports it doesn't sound like he was on a good path.

Regardless of the final outcome its a shame for all parties involved.

Police today have clearly been given an institutional "green light" to shoot first and ask questions later, if they ask questions at all.

One of the most loathsome things about today's law enforcement is that they style themselves as a warrior elite, as soldiers of the street. They always push the narrative that they have an extraordinarily dangerous job and they are just trying to survive their shift and see another day.

Unfortunately, many of them are cowards and they do not have the discipline of a real soldier. They are very easily spooked and they know that they can just fire of some rounds in response. A coward with a gun is dangerous enough, a coward with a long gun, BDU's and a badge is a grave danger, a terrorist in a Crown Victoria.

There are very dangerous criminals out there and I salute those police officers who do go toe to toe with those sorts but for every heroic police officer, who slays a truly dangerous criminal, we have multitudes of professional George Zimmermans who roam our streets looking to steal our money, our liberty and even our lives.

Police today have clearly been given an institutional "green light" to shoot first and ask questions later, if they ask questions at all.

One of the most loathsome things about today's law enforcement is that they style themselves as a warrior elite, as soldiers of the street. They always push the narrative that they have an extraordinarily dangerous job and they are just trying to survive their shift and see another day.

Unfortunately, many of them are cowards and they do not have the discipline of a real soldier. They are very easily spooked and they know that they can just fire of some rounds in response. A coward with a gun is dangerous enough, a coward with a long gun, BDU's and a badge is a grave danger, a terrorist in a Crown Victoria.

There are very dangerous criminals out there and I salute those police officers who do go toe to toe with those sorts but for every heroic police officer, who slays a truly dangerous criminal, we have multitudes of professional George Zimmermans who roam our streets looking to steal our money, our liberty and even our lives.

Ah yes, the most well spoken dunce on NT. Not a lawyer nor a police officer, but tries to style himself as some sort of legal expert.

Well said. In my area there's been quite a bit of this going on and basically the 'fearing for my life' seems to be the MO for this type of behavior.

I never claimed to be a policeman or a lawyer, nor do I claim expertise in Law Enforcement Tactics or Jurisprudence.

I work with the community, I work on behalf of people who do not have the capital or the leisure time to practice politics but who pay the heaviest price for bad politics, the poor. Go to a poor community, especially one of color (you may have to drive some distance for that) and talk to the people there.

These folks feel that the police are beginning to become a greater threat to life and limb than the criminals are. The police are causing a net social harm and I do not need to be familiar with every aspect of police work or every arcane Latin phrase in The Common Law to understand this fact.

Parents fault

Agreed. Every parent should teach their kids that playing with toys will get you executed in California.

In actuality this is true and if you're not teaching your kids the perceived dangers of toy guns, then you are not concerned with their safety. If it's not a cop that puts them down it'll be a normal citizen.

I have 3 and 5 year old nephews who have lectured me about toy guns in my parent's backyard. Stay safe plz.

I should tell yall about my toy gun story when I was in highschool. I was running around with a realistic bb gun on halloween just trying to mess with people. The next thing I know I had 6 floating red dots on my chest. Best believe I cooperated when police jumped from behind bushes and asked me to do things. And here I am, still here. :smokin

Last edited:
Here's what he was carrying. He should have complied...

View media item 627332

I work on film shoots and every once in awhile there are prop guns. EVERYTIME a policeman sees a prop gun, he puts the shoot on hold, asks for permits, and confiscates the prop gun -- even though it's obvious that we are shooting a film with all of these lights and cameras.

It's not a joke. Keep thinking it's not that serious and see what happens to your kids.

Realest **** you ever wrote.

That gun looks too damn real. A kid this week fired shots in his middle school and killed a teacher. A cop sees a kid carrying what looks like an assault rifle in the street then he's going to be on high alert.

They always push the narrative that they have an extraordinarily dangerous job and they are just trying to survive their shift and see another day.

I don't know where you're from, but growing up alongside and knowing the mindset of the goons in Oakland/Long beach/LA/compton... I would say they have a very dangerous job

Last edited:
Enh, policing is POTENTIALLY dangerous work. Most officers don't encounter crazy shoot outs, and the fact is that most officers go through their career without ever having to discharge their weapon on the job.

So yes, for the majority of cops in America, their job isn't as wild as YouTube videos make it seem. That doesn't take away from what they do, or my appreciation for what they do. But the Us vs. Them attitude that a lot of cops seem to adopt (even when there is nobody threatening them) does help create conflicts that probably didn't even have to occur.

All that said, this kid seemed like an idiot. At 13 you gotta know better unless there are some serious mental issues at play.

At the end of the day a boy with a toy was killed for holding a toy.

How can a kid being a kid be the blame of his own death.

Yes that gun looks real as hell but where did that picture come from I tried to google search and found no source.

As a man can you honestly tell me if you see a child even with a real gun, you won't to kill them instead of shooting for the legs. yI couldn't shoot to kill a kid but maybe everyone just thinks differently. And miss me with the "protocol" cops break it all the time but it's only mentioned when it's in their favor

Last edited:
miss me with the "protocol" cops break it all the time but it's only mentioned when it's in their favor

If you're referring to the deadly-force protocol, it favors no one. It is simply an administrative reality.
A shooting is neither justified nor condemned simply because the officer believed deadly force was required.
He can still be proven wrong and held to account for excessive force/civil rights etc..

what do you mean a higher standard?

police officers are some of our bravest most courageous members of society.  if anything we need to thank them for what they do rather then hold them to a higher standard.   sometime unfortunate mistakes happen but this cop did nothing wrong.  he felt like his life was in danger.

this is NT though where everyone hates the police but would be quick to run to the same cops they diss with their tails between their legs if something happened to them. 

cops never get in trouble in these situations because whenever investigations are done, the truth comes out always. 
:x

You bugging bro...

Unless... There's sarcasm in this post...

No way you can think cops are always right...

Yeah... I missed the sarcasm...

Sorry bro! I can't believe I thought someone could be that naive.

At the end of the day a boy with a toy was killed for holding a toy.

How can a kid being a kid be the blame of his own death.

Yes that gun looks real as hell but where did that picture come from I tried to google search and found no source.

As a man can you honestly tell me if you see a child even with a real gun, you won't to kill them instead of shooting for the legs. yI couldn't shoot to kill a kid but maybe everyone just thinks differently. And miss me with the "protocol" cops break it all the time but it's only mentioned when it's in their favor
Lulz.

I used to work in the area of the shooting and know the neighborhood isn't one that I'd like to be caught around. Like mentioned above, there are multiple grow houses around, in fact not too long ago the police shut the whole neighborhood down and went into at least 15 grow houses! There's a lot of gang activity around and although I think the cops over reacted they probably thought it was some gang BS. RIP to the kid. Feel sorry for his family

I never claimed to be a policeman or a lawyer, nor do I claim expertise in Law Enforcement Tactics or Jurisprudence.

I work with the community, I work on behalf of people who do not have the capital or the leisure time to practice politics but who pay the heaviest price for bad politics, the poor. Go to a poor community, especially one of color (you may have to drive some distance for that) and talk to the people there.

These folks feel that the police are beginning to become a greater threat to life and limb than the criminals are. The police are causing a net social harm and I do not need to be familiar with every aspect of police work or every arcane Latin phrase in The Common Law to understand this fact.

:pimp:

My man rex

Bouta jus start callin him R...
View media item 627903

NT once again with the TV scenarios
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

"Should've shot the magazine out the gun!"

A little blame on the company who makes detailed kalashnikov airsoft rifles.....
It's common sense that one of these outside would raise some eyebrows.

Rest of the blame goes to the parents(s)
Not going to lie as a kid I would have loved to get my hands on one and gone to war with friends lol.

Back
Top Bottom