Californians, how do you feel about Prop 8: Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry?

i haven't been posting as much as before but this has been bothering me the past few days.

how to you folks feel about proposition 8? i know we're in aliberal state, but i'm dreadful for the little ones who are going to be exposed early to this.

comments? pls feel free to post.

Who am I to decide how people want to live there life. If gay people want to get married let them, period.

I support gay marriage, it's not like my children being exposed to gay people are gonna make them gay. I don't see why gay couples cant be happy justlike us straight ones.

Too bad the church is against it, especially my church(Vietnamese Catholics FTL). Today they told my mom to vote for proposition 8 and she listened justbecause "God said so."
smh.gif

I could care less. If they are together, why not let them marry? no one will know the difference. it wont effect me on bit.

yes i live in california.

It saddens me to live in a country that denies rights to certain citizens due to religious and moral grandstanding.

Prop 8 is the BAN on Gay Marriage right?
I do not support a ban on it.

Banning marriage to gays violates civil rights.

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

It saddens me to live in a country that denies rights to certain citizens due to religious and moral grandstanding.
You know what else boils my blood, when people say things like " How can you not vote Republican if you're a Christian ".

Originally Posted by lionheart

i haven't been posting as much as before but this has been bothering me the past few days.

how to you folks feel about proposition 8? i know we're in a liberal state, but i'm dreadful for the little ones who are going to be exposed early to this.

That's the thing the media would like you to think. But I'm not completely sure it's a proposition that'll expose kids tohomosexuality as it is meant to simply allow the marriage of gay couples.

I'm voting no on prop 8.

at least Biden and Palin have one good thing in common, they made this situation CLEAR
laugh.gif

but nah, cant let that happen

btw, this has happened in MA before (dad was jailed) and how would you feel as a parent if one day, your kids are bringing home books about same sexmarriage with tons of pictures in it?

Originally Posted by s dubl

I could care less. If they are together, why not let them marry? no one will know the difference. it wont effect me on bit.

yes i live in california NYC> CA
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Solid post my friend, I agree.[/color]

I think the "Yes on Prop 8" commercials are the dumbest things on television.
"Mommy, I want to marry a Princess"
Just all types of dumb.
smh.gif

I really don't see how 2 people marrying, either the same sex or opposite sex, has anything to do with me.
I don't see a problem in 2 people, regardless of their gender, marrying the person they love.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

at least Biden and Palin have one good thing in common, they made this situation CLEAR
laugh.gif

but nah, cant let that happen
I'm almost positive they stand against gay marriage for political purposes, not personal beliefs. If any one of them catches the other oneslipping on this issue, votes will be lost. Especially in today's society where gay marriage is still frowned upon.

Can you explain why you feel this way?

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by s dubl

yes i live in california NYC> CA
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Solid post my friend, I agree.[/color]
Gay people are still regular people, they just watch a different brand of pron.

how to you folks feel about proposition 8? i know we're in a liberal state, but i'm dreadful for the little ones who are going to be exposed early to this.

exposed to it? it's not like it's radioactive waves or anything. being exposed to homosexuality won't do a thing to children, itwon't make/turn them gay.

btw, this has happened in MA before (dad was jailed) and how would you feel as a parent if one day, your kids are bringing home books about same sex marriage with tons of pictures in it?
why would there be tons of pictures? and about what? It is not that important and would probably only cover a couple of pages in a history book.

I am not religious so I could care less but will probably vote against it.

I'm voting no on proposition 8. Someone already stated my reasoning. I'm not for denying someone their civil rights.

Vote no on it.

That commercial on TV sickens me.
All types of ignorance.

"Mommy I want to Marry a Princess"
smh.gif

I look at things like this. If you're semi happy with your own life, you've got things going for you. Why would you care what other people do withtheir lives. As long as you ain't bothering me, who am I to tell you how to live.

Back
Top Bottom