Californians, how do you feel about Prop 8: Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry?

Children in public schools will have to be taught that same-sex marriage is just as good as traditional marriage.
Good thing having feelings and sexual orientation isn't a choice.
Churches may be sued over their tax exempt status
key word: MAY. and you should be sued for not following the law especially when it is to deny happiness and civil rights.
Religious adoption agencies will be challenged
you know homosexuality isn't contagious right? There are kids around the world needing a home and somebody to love them. let us stop a groupof people from helping.
Religions that sponsor private schools
another religion one. shrug. come on
Ministers who preach against same-sex marriages may be sued for hate speech
Oops, sorry father, you cannot say you hate homosexuals and them marrying. I know, its hard to resist but youcan do it! get real.

It will cost you money.
Yes! We should STOP Supporting human beings rights! We cannot fight for them because it costs money.

All of these arguments are laughable.

Proposition 8 is a California ballot proposition. It will appear on the November 4, 2008 ballot along with eleven other statewide propositions. Proposition 8 appears on the ballot titled as Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry.
If it passes, it will add a new constitutional amendment to the California Constitution that will say "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California" and it will be known in law as the California Marriage Protection Act[1]
The electoral contest over Prop. 8 has attracted passionate interest, attention and dollars from around the county. Through October 20, supporters of Prop. 8 had raised about $27 million ($21.3 from Californians), while its opponents had raised $24.3 million ($15.5 from Californians). In mid-October, there have been significantly more donors of $1,000 and above to the "No on 8" side.[2],[3]
Checks in the $1 million range have been written to both campaigns from wealthy backers, and the campaigns also each have tens of thousands of small donors--62,000 donors for the "Yes on 8" campaign and over 30,000 for the "No on 8"
http://ballotpedia.org/wi...rnia_Proposition_8_(2008)

Are you voting yes or no on Prop 8?

My parents are voting yes.
ohwell.gif

If I could I would vote against SSM. I just flat out don't think they should be able to get married. Marriage=Man and Woman.

why anyone cares if two dudes want to get married is beyond me, worry about yourself.

Back
Top Bottom