Californias lack of Hip Hop in Clubs unappreciation post

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

Techno/Trance/house/electronic is wack in general.

If it aint daft punk when it comes to electronic music not worthy for my ears.

[dom kennedy]Hip-Hop rules the world[/dom kennedy]

youre corny. House > you.
eyes.gif
 Sall about the hip-hop, homie. I don't play that house +!$+ at any of our parties. Chicks get loose to hip hop, especially the club bangers. And OP, you can find strictly hip hop clubs all over the bay area, like City nights aka %***#$ nights. They're just whack because of the typical crowd they attract though, no offense to you. 
Man when I used to party every weekend (
laugh.gif
sound like an old head. I don't anymore.) in college hip-hop got the girls open. $!++ even when I walk by Greek Row on the weekends all you hear as you pass every house is hip-hop. Techno, trance and electronic was a downer at those parties.

nobody is listening to nas and talib kwali in the club dude

There are plenty of party hip hop songs that you could dance to.

Hey Guys,

This is coming from someone who has worked the bar scene for a year or so doing promotion now for a big club and djing every so often, its mores so the general manager and owner. DJs will never play real hiphop because depending on that club, 80% of the crowd don't wanna hear it a large portion throughout the night. its a risk to play it if it isnt a hip hop club because the chances of people leaving the dancefloor is high. Play house music with vocals and top40 garbage that the people, more so the girls know and theyll stay dancing because theyll be like, "OMG, THIS IS MY FAVOURITE SONG!" House music is whats huge right now, hence david guetta, tiesto etc doing collabs with mainstream artists. You play with the majority wants, not what the odd minority wants. It sucks though cause I love house music so i go to more euro-vibed clubs but if there werent any options for me to go and there were only strictly hiphop clubs around then id feel the same way. I dislike top40 thats why when i spin, i play remixed top40 stuff and as much as i love hiphop i would never go to a hiphop club cause its not my preference to party to said music. As dumb as it is, alot of owners feel that if they play ALOT of hiphop, then they will attract a black crowd and so it will have the stigma of being a black bar. Ive heard many times people saying, "Im not going to Mansion, isnt it a black club? it only plays rap and stuff...etcetc." Its dumb but its from my experience.

Originally Posted by desoIation1

it's because pretty much all of the new hip-hop/rap music nowadays are pure trash, at least that's part of the reason

24e146a.gif

80s/90s Hip Hop (Underground Hip Hop preferred) is more of my thing. They're there you just gotta find it and meet DJs in that scene to see wassup.

House/Electronica is not bad, you just have a preference in music nothing wrong with that. I did get tired of hearing Pac/Biggie on rotate and sometimes I need something a little different (Jedi Mind/ Talib / Binary Star) etc. That's why I hardly listen to the radio with Drake/Lil Wayne/Souja Boy nonsense heavily on repeat, it hurts my ears at times. smh

A lot of it has to do with the fact that SoCal isn't putting out a lot of music and what we do put out doesn't get enough local love

Back
Top Bottom