Call me crazy but sure seems this way....

Most of you guys tend to jump on the bandwagon hardcore on the style of jordan you "must cop" after a few years of this shoe game I can happily say I have passed on alot of "Must haves". If so many of you are able to "cop" more than one pair of retro because there so sick why not just go on ebay and buy the OG or the retro(1)? An enjoy it that much better? Dont give me that crap about icey soles and yellowing because we all CAN live with it if we really wanted it. Dont tell me you cant find your size because if you want it you can get it and save for it. I'm sorry but its almost out of hand to listen to so many people complain about the smallest things that almost dont matter when you wear them. Yes I said wear them. At this rate there is almost no point to stock because it seems like the same signature shoe gets re retro twice in 10 years.

Who wants to make a bet more than half the members here never watched jordan play. Yet will say they bleed jordan? IMO any jordan after the XVI was crap and down hill hence why they have only retro them.

rant end/

Most of you guys tend to jump on the bandwagon hardcore on the style of jordan you "must cop" after a few years of this shoe game I can happily say I have passed on alot of "Must haves". If so many of you are able to "cop" more than one pair of retro because there so sick why not just go on ebay and buy the OG or the retro(1)? An enjoy it that much better? Dont give me that crap about icey soles and yellowing because we all CAN live with it if we really wanted it. Dont tell me you cant find your size because if you want it you can get it and save for it. I'm sorry but its almost out of hand to listen to so many people complain about the smallest things that almost dont matter when you wear them. Yes I said wear them. At this rate there is almost no point to stock because it seems like the same signature shoe gets re retro twice in 10 years.

Who wants to make a bet more than half the members here never watched jordan play. Yet will say they bleed jordan? IMO any jordan after the XVI was crap and down hill hence why they have only retro them.

rant end/

I agree the releases back when they first came out and retroed fit, feel, look, and have way better quality...

...but on the other hand. I think people buy the "must have" shoes because nowdays it's all about fashion. Everyone has to have the newest and cleanest shoe, hat, jacket, shirt, etc to keep up with today's fashion regardless of the defects, yellowing, sqeaking, or whatever they are all complaining about.

Many people can't afford to save up a few hundred dollars due to the recession, loss of job(laid off), and due to bills that we all have racked up with credit cards, and things we think are necessary to us at the time, to buy the OG's and first round of retros so they only can afford to buy the releases that JB is releasing now. If resellers wouldn't rack or jack up the prices due to hype, people would be able to buy shoes off eBay, here on NT, and everywhere else they can with out a problem.

Many people have not had the chance to watch MJ play because 95% of collectors now are very young and are only buying J's because of the hype, following the fashion, and because of their favorite celebrity but the other 5% have. I (now at 28 yrs of age) have had the opportunity to watch him play when I was younger and I fell into collecting from my father. He collected, watched him play, took me to a couple of Bulls vs Lakers games, and passed down most of his collection to me. In all, I understand where you're coming from but then again, I see both sides.

I agree the releases back when they first came out and retroed fit, feel, look, and have way better quality...

...but on the other hand. I think people buy the "must have" shoes because nowdays it's all about fashion. Everyone has to have the newest and cleanest shoe, hat, jacket, shirt, etc to keep up with today's fashion regardless of the defects, yellowing, sqeaking, or whatever they are all complaining about.

Many people can't afford to save up a few hundred dollars due to the recession, loss of job(laid off), and due to bills that we all have racked up with credit cards, and things we think are necessary to us at the time, to buy the OG's and first round of retros so they only can afford to buy the releases that JB is releasing now. If resellers wouldn't rack or jack up the prices due to hype, people would be able to buy shoes off eBay, here on NT, and everywhere else they can with out a problem.

Many people have not had the chance to watch MJ play because 95% of collectors now are very young and are only buying J's because of the hype, following the fashion, and because of their favorite celebrity but the other 5% have. I (now at 28 yrs of age) have had the opportunity to watch him play when I was younger and I fell into collecting from my father. He collected, watched him play, took me to a couple of Bulls vs Lakers games, and passed down most of his collection to me. In all, I understand where you're coming from but then again, I see both sides.

Originally Posted by babyJs23

...but on the other hand. I think people buy the "must have" shoes because nowdays it's all about fashion. Everyone has to have the newest and cleanest shoe, hat, jacket, shirt, etc to keep up with today's fashion.

Many people can't afford to save up a few hundred dollars due to the recession, loss of job(laid off), and due to bills that we all have racked up with credit cards, and things we think are necessary to us at the time, to buy the OG's and first round of retros so they only can afford to buy the releases that JB is releasing now. If resellers wouldn't rack up the prices due to hype, people would be able to buy shoes off eBay, here on NT, and everywhere else they can.

Many people have not had the chance to watch MJ play because 90% off collectors are very young and are only buying J's because of the hype, following the fashion, and because of their favorite celebrity.
Even at the price 175 w/o tax... you could save up about 100 bucks more and get the 1st round or even OG. Thats saying they are getting one pair which seems like most people around here dont do or rather they say they dont. It just blows my mind how dumb some people can be with there money. Spending 350+ for a sneaker that just dropped. for the same price being able to buy the OG in a DS or VNDS condition. This time last year cool greys were able to be picked up for around 180. Concords are able to be picked up for around 180-230 for a clean pair. Who wants to make a bet this time next year the retro's will go for around 350+ and people will pay for it. 

As for the kids who post here, again why do you stock if i'm very willing to bet they will retro the same shoe within the 10 years meaning you are able to buy another new pair and still wear the pair you buy NOW.

I my self only stock NOW for my son, because within 10 years his foot is going to grow. I so I buy a ton of different sizes for him now. That is really the only reason I see to keep stocking.

Originally Posted by babyJs23

...but on the other hand. I think people buy the "must have" shoes because nowdays it's all about fashion. Everyone has to have the newest and cleanest shoe, hat, jacket, shirt, etc to keep up with today's fashion.

Many people can't afford to save up a few hundred dollars due to the recession, loss of job(laid off), and due to bills that we all have racked up with credit cards, and things we think are necessary to us at the time, to buy the OG's and first round of retros so they only can afford to buy the releases that JB is releasing now. If resellers wouldn't rack up the prices due to hype, people would be able to buy shoes off eBay, here on NT, and everywhere else they can.

Many people have not had the chance to watch MJ play because 90% off collectors are very young and are only buying J's because of the hype, following the fashion, and because of their favorite celebrity.
Even at the price 175 w/o tax... you could save up about 100 bucks more and get the 1st round or even OG. Thats saying they are getting one pair which seems like most people around here dont do or rather they say they dont. It just blows my mind how dumb some people can be with there money. Spending 350+ for a sneaker that just dropped. for the same price being able to buy the OG in a DS or VNDS condition. This time last year cool greys were able to be picked up for around 180. Concords are able to be picked up for around 180-230 for a clean pair. Who wants to make a bet this time next year the retro's will go for around 350+ and people will pay for it. 

As for the kids who post here, again why do you stock if i'm very willing to bet they will retro the same shoe within the 10 years meaning you are able to buy another new pair and still wear the pair you buy NOW.

I my self only stock NOW for my son, because within 10 years his foot is going to grow. I so I buy a ton of different sizes for him now. That is really the only reason I see to keep stocking.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you 100% but I also look at it in the others point of view. I too stock now for my children only because I like them to have what I was able to have growing up. Many people don't have the opportunity to do so. So I think that could be another reason why they have to buy the "must cop" shoes.
smile.gif

It too blows my mind about people spending $350+ on a new release but then again there are a lot of irresponsible people when it comes to money/finance management
30t6p3b.gif
That is why we are in a recession now. Irresponsible spending instead of wise spending but what can we do and what can we say. It is going to happen as long as people have money to spend on what they or their kids want.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you 100% but I also look at it in the others point of view. I too stock now for my children only because I like them to have what I was able to have growing up. Many people don't have the opportunity to do so. So I think that could be another reason why they have to buy the "must cop" shoes.
smile.gif

It too blows my mind about people spending $350+ on a new release but then again there are a lot of irresponsible people when it comes to money/finance management
30t6p3b.gif
That is why we are in a recession now. Irresponsible spending instead of wise spending but what can we do and what can we say. It is going to happen as long as people have money to spend on what they or their kids want.

I see what you are saying...but for me...I don't care if it's on OG or OG Retro...or a Re-Retro...I'm able to get the shoes my parents couldn't afford to buy me when I was a kid (so basically I-XIII)...I don't care about the slight differences between the newer Retro's and the OG Retro's...I wear my shoes...not often but at the $150+ price tags I'd like them to last....I'm 30 so yes...I did see Jordan play...I even went to the filming of Space Jam at Veterans Memorial Stadium in Long Beach, CA (yes I know it is an animated movie but the baseball scene in the beginning was shot and I was able to go to it)...but even then...I wouldn't say I bleed Jordan....I just like the shoes...if I can't get a Retro on RD then I won't even bother to try and get it at resellers price...it's not that serious to me...but I guess everyone is different.

I see what you are saying...but for me...I don't care if it's on OG or OG Retro...or a Re-Retro...I'm able to get the shoes my parents couldn't afford to buy me when I was a kid (so basically I-XIII)...I don't care about the slight differences between the newer Retro's and the OG Retro's...I wear my shoes...not often but at the $150+ price tags I'd like them to last....I'm 30 so yes...I did see Jordan play...I even went to the filming of Space Jam at Veterans Memorial Stadium in Long Beach, CA (yes I know it is an animated movie but the baseball scene in the beginning was shot and I was able to go to it)...but even then...I wouldn't say I bleed Jordan....I just like the shoes...if I can't get a Retro on RD then I won't even bother to try and get it at resellers price...it's not that serious to me...but I guess everyone is different.

I agree with you King. I too don't bother buying the shoe if i can't get it on the release date but as long as people give resellers a reason or opportunity to jack up prices on J's or anything for that matter, it will be a neverending circle with resellers...Just like counterfeiters. If something sells real good and builds up a lot of hype, there will always be people that would try to take advantage of hard working people
30t6p3b.gif

I agree with you King. I too don't bother buying the shoe if i can't get it on the release date but as long as people give resellers a reason or opportunity to jack up prices on J's or anything for that matter, it will be a neverending circle with resellers...Just like counterfeiters. If something sells real good and builds up a lot of hype, there will always be people that would try to take advantage of hard working people
30t6p3b.gif

I agree 100%. I am guilty of nonsense like this myself. This year alone, Nov 09-Dec 2010.. I've racked up 31 pairs of signiture line Air Jordan's. If you do the math correctly, that's like $6,000---ON SHOES!!!! Fortunately for me, I didn't pay retail for about 85% of them, but that's besides the point. Many pairs I looked at and felt the need to "get them" because my buddy down the street might get them before me, or what if I passed on this shoe and regretted it. That seems to be the trend these days, which is why I wish JB would release a retro every 4 months instead 3 times a month.

I agree 100%. I am guilty of nonsense like this myself. This year alone, Nov 09-Dec 2010.. I've racked up 31 pairs of signiture line Air Jordan's. If you do the math correctly, that's like $6,000---ON SHOES!!!! Fortunately for me, I didn't pay retail for about 85% of them, but that's besides the point. Many pairs I looked at and felt the need to "get them" because my buddy down the street might get them before me, or what if I passed on this shoe and regretted it. That seems to be the trend these days, which is why I wish JB would release a retro every 4 months instead 3 times a month.

At this point many of the OGs aren't even wearable, and the ones that are won't be very soon. Other than maybe 11-14.

At this point many of the OGs aren't even wearable, and the ones that are won't be very soon. Other than maybe 11-14.

Originally Posted by bence23

I would say anything after 95 would be wearable. Again though what would be the reason to buy 3 pairs of the same shoe to stock 2 of them and wear one... if lets say 3 years from new JB will come out with the same style shoe... If not in the US in some other place that we can still order them from off line. I just wish people understood this. I my self passed on the XI this month for the III next month. No clue how some of the kids make there money but dam I wish I was able to just drop a ton of money like that for no reason at all

Originally Posted by bence23

I would say anything after 95 would be wearable. Again though what would be the reason to buy 3 pairs of the same shoe to stock 2 of them and wear one... if lets say 3 years from new JB will come out with the same style shoe... If not in the US in some other place that we can still order them from off line. I just wish people understood this. I my self passed on the XI this month for the III next month. No clue how some of the kids make there money but dam I wish I was able to just drop a ton of money like that for no reason at all

i agree with what your saying about hype, price , quality, and trend
but i buy the new retro only because a few OG's or 1st retro's have
started to come apart.

i agree with what your saying about hype, price , quality, and trend
but i buy the new retro only because a few OG's or 1st retro's have
started to come apart.

It's called

"Hypebeasts"

That's what 90% of the JB posters are, they probably never liked these "must haves" until they see them coming out again and are all of a sudden in love with them

Back
Top Bottom