Calling All NT Econ Majors.

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

yea i was thinkin of goin into banking when i graduate but i also wanna double major in math would that b a waste?
nerd.gif
at makin 3000 a day

Double majoring in econ and math is actually pretty common...I don't see why it'd be a waste.

ughh my school butchered any interest I had in economics as a major, minor or double major...

Every professor I have had a discussion with at my school (from a Religious Studies professor, to Arts, to Business, to Writing, and Math) has thrown the Economics department under the bus...

Bad professors, advisers, classes, and course requirements... Miserable damn department..

ughh my school butchered any interest I had in economics as a major, minor or double major...

Every professor I have had a discussion with at my school (from a Religious Studies professor, to Arts, to Business, to Writing, and Math) has thrown the Economics department under the bus...

Bad professors, advisers, classes, and course requirements... Miserable damn department..

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

bijald0331 said:
There is no way you ever went to Cornell if you needed to ask these questions. And you took a year off before you decided a major?
Yea, Ups and queens college for an undeclared cornell student? Y'all can't be that crazy in ithaca.

laugh.gif
Ok, dude...You don't have to believe that I attend Cornell. You probably just wanted to get laughs out of that again. You're beating a dead horse now...Move on.
I'm dead serious. W/e. Carry on.

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

bijald0331 said:
There is no way you ever went to Cornell if you needed to ask these questions. And you took a year off before you decided a major?
Yea, Ups and queens college for an undeclared cornell student? Y'all can't be that crazy in ithaca.

laugh.gif
Ok, dude...You don't have to believe that I attend Cornell. You probably just wanted to get laughs out of that again. You're beating a dead horse now...Move on.
I'm dead serious. W/e. Carry on.

I majored in Econ in college. Currently I am an Analyst for a regional bank. Took me a while to find this job because I graduated during the big recession. Be open to grad school, I am going to let my employer pay for that. Any questions let me know.

I majored in Econ in college. Currently I am an Analyst for a regional bank. Took me a while to find this job because I graduated during the big recession. Be open to grad school, I am going to let my employer pay for that. Any questions let me know.

Some of you have heard this. I majored in Econ at Northwestern. I did an internship with lehman brothers my junior year, got an offer deferred it for two years to do TFA and am now an investment banking associate with Barcap. If you do Econ from a prestigious school, then most exit opps are usually finance banking related

Some of you have heard this. I majored in Econ at Northwestern. I did an internship with lehman brothers my junior year, got an offer deferred it for two years to do TFA and am now an investment banking associate with Barcap. If you do Econ from a prestigious school, then most exit opps are usually finance banking related

Anyone have input on whether double majoring in Econ/Finance is worth more than just majoring in Finance?

Anyone have input on whether double majoring in Econ/Finance is worth more than just majoring in Finance?

^
It will give you a heads up if you feel you want to go the investment banking route.

I double majored in Econ and Business. I ended up going into grad school and I'm job hunting now. I learned more from Econ than any of my other classes.

If your at a school like Cornell then you should have a good chance at decent jobs out of college. I didn't go to a top ten school so it was tougher for me coming out.

^
It will give you a heads up if you feel you want to go the investment banking route.

I double majored in Econ and Business. I ended up going into grad school and I'm job hunting now. I learned more from Econ than any of my other classes.

If your at a school like Cornell then you should have a good chance at decent jobs out of college. I didn't go to a top ten school so it was tougher for me coming out.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

PMed

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

PMed

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

^

Ah, well I'm not planning on going the i-banking route, but hey you never know what the future holds. And I wont be going to any Ivy school for the rest of my undergrad. Thanks for the input though.

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

^

Ah, well I'm not planning on going the i-banking route, but hey you never know what the future holds. And I wont be going to any Ivy school for the rest of my undergrad. Thanks for the input though.

^

The beauty of grad school is that if you go for your M.B.A. you can get your finance or accounting background then. Do the Econ for now if it's something you'll enjoy and do well in. Taking a major in something that comes easy for you would not be a bad thing because you will probably perform well. The higher GPA will help later on, just in case.

^

The beauty of grad school is that if you go for your M.B.A. you can get your finance or accounting background then. Do the Econ for now if it's something you'll enjoy and do well in. Taking a major in something that comes easy for you would not be a bad thing because you will probably perform well. The higher GPA will help later on, just in case.

^ i'm working on my MBA now but I don't feel like its gonna be useful in the future...employers want experience over education imo, thats why i'd rather put more focus on a permanent job search

^ i'm working on my MBA now but I don't feel like its gonna be useful in the future...employers want experience over education imo, thats why i'd rather put more focus on a permanent job search

Back
Top Bottom