CALLING AUTO INSURANCE WORKERS........VOL GEICO

Whats poppin NT
I have a quick question for anybody who works for geico or worked or in auto insurance in general.

Almost a year ago my pops suffered a stroke
frown.gif
 and he's been in a coma state since then. Me and my pops was VERY close......... My older brother distant himself from everybody for years and never communicated with my pops. I would say a good 3 or 4 years without him talking to my pops
mad.gif
. Once my father suffered the stroke, he was back in action trying to get his finances in order and made sure everything was good. Now, when it came time to determine who would be the power of attorney, no action was taking. I believe it would of cost a few thousand bucks to be POA. 

Now my uncle (pops brother) was also trying to gather financial info for my pops. 

Long story short......I always told my pops I would take his car (2002 camry) if he ever got a new one or if anything happens to him. So I took over his car and fixed it up a little for the 9 month I had it. A few days ago I was in a pretty bad accident. 

Geico called me today to let me know the car would be a loss and they would cut me a check for bluebook value
frown.gif
. Thing is.....the car is registered to my pops but I was insuring it. Up to this point, I don't even think there is a power of attorney for my pops. Now, geico wants me to mail them the title so they can release payment to me but the car is registered to my dad......but he's in a coma. 

Without POA, I can't find the title (My pops was a mess when it came to mail).......what happens? 

This whole situation has been a mess for my fam. Mom and pops was never married........so she has no say so over anything. 

Any advice or suggestions? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

first. I would invest in an Attorney if your dad does pass regarding your father's finances. After my dad passed away all of my dad's kids came out of the wood work to be supportive, when they were not around for the last 20 years.

second. Try and talk to geico, explain to them that you may not have the title and they will do their best to work with you.

Also, did you total the car? or was it a minor accident. Because you can just take the loss and pay for the deductible?
I will call them in the morning. I was the one in the accident. I went to see the car yesterday and it was in pretty bad shape. So they called me up this morning to confirm that it will be a loss. Definitely wasn't a minor accident. 

Welp......theres nothing they can do without the title. They can't issue payment with out it. Anything else I can try and do?

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

Welp......theres nothing they can do without the title. They can't issue payment with out it. Anything else I can try and do?

What the.... ? So that's it? They just told you nope, can't do it! Even when you're dad is in a coma? Geez remind me to tell everyone I know not to go to Geico.

go to the DMV and try to get a copy of the title. if you bring in your pops id and info they should give you a copy. explain the situation. dont go there with nothing though.

Back
Top Bottom