Calvin Johnson's Megatron Inspired CJ81 Collection: Release Info

-does this transformer actually transform
-if espn has a story about this it will be almost impossible to get
-the real loser here is Roy Williams, he gave Calvin Johnson this nick name and he gets nothing from and is out of the NFL all together...[/quote]

This :lol:

Dude legitimately should get some type of royalty.

Last edited:
I can't help but think this is a poorly timed promo, seems like it would of made more sense to tie in with a Transformers movie.  I am not downgrading the shoes, just the whole Transformer and All Spark box, just seems like the wrong time.

I can't help but think this is a poorly timed promo, seems like it would of made more sense to tie in with a Transformers movie.  I am not downgrading the shoes, just the whole Transformer and All Spark box, just seems like the wrong time.
Was thinking the same thing....both parties would have benefited 10 fold if there was a movie to promote with the pack.....

Was thinking the same thing....both parties would have benefited 10 fold if there was a movie to promote with the pack.....
Have some nice product placement of the shoes in the movie.  Free advertisement on both parts.

I think theyre trying to time it along with his national exposure for the thanksgiving game, not to mention all of the money people save for black friday week. I mean, this thread has probably doubled in pages since this pack was announced

Last edited:

The new movie comes out June 27th 2014. Maybe we might get a 2nd version for the movie and made more available(not gr or limited gr numbers but more than 81)? 

Football isn't played during the Summer. So last year's pack and previous Transformers x Nike shoes were poorly timed as well? They aren't promoting a movie. They are promoting their marquee football player and it's worked.

Last edited:
I won the pack yesterday through the Megatron Hunt that 21 Mercer put on in NYC. About to go pick it up in a size 10. 

Mercer just released the pack. If ur not there already it's a wrap
Looks like there's no set release date for the pack in general. And yes, between the VIPs, if you're not there already it's over.

******g scum. Someone should kill the people that work at Mercer. Releasing a pack limited to 81 in the middle of a Friday with no prior announcement smh
I know the feeling, but they don't care they will just continue to screw people over.  Money is money.

******g scum. Someone should kill the people that work at Mercer. Releasing a pack limited to 81 in the middle of a Friday with no prior announcement smh
With all of the lines that are usually there, this is unfortunately the way to do it. That's a residential area that police have been called to multiple times because of releases that aren't even on this level. All hell would have broken loose had there been a date announced ahead of time. They got the packs in yesterday and with them releasing it like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the usual VIPs got the heads up last night.

Doubt every Nike Yardline isn't getting these either. I think the first Yardline in Wayne (the first one) will probably be the other store besides Mercer that will have 'em. 41/40.

Personally can't wait for this release to come and go. Too much hype. The regulars in this thread from day one will appreciate that.

Last edited:
Mercer has disgusting business practices. They **** their customers over each and every damn release.

With all of the lines that are usually there, this is unfortunately the way to do it. That's a residential area that police have been called to multiple times because of releases that aren't even on this level. All hell would have broken loose had there been a date announced ahead of time. They got the packs in yesterday and with them releasing it like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the usual VIPs got the heads up last night.
they can avoid that with either RSVP or fcfs with wristbands, not the **** they do. They just like hooking the VIPs up plain and simple

Back
Top Bottom