Camp out?

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Whenever the release is an XI, there will be camping out.
Every since the release of the 2000-2001 retros this statement has been 100% true. I'm waiting to see if it still reigns true with the release of the silver anniversary XI. If so, it will be the first time in my life that I will have seen such hype for an all white Jordan. Even the columbia retro in 2001 was not as crazy as the release of the other XIs released at that time. The XI has such an huge following, that people who are not sneaker heads in any way, shape or form still come out for their releases. As mentioned above, now we have more resellers than ever, more hypebeast than ever. Even if something is GR, is doesn't guarantee that you'll be getting your size.

Only time I'm camping is in the woods or at a forest preserve for a get away.

and that isn't always that fun anyways.

Wow!
I laugh at myself every time i think back to the first and only time I've ever camped out for anything. At the very least I wasn't the only one. July 22, 2006 Mars Blackmon IV's. I was young and still did not have a full grasp on what will sell out and what would sit on shelves. All i new was that I wanted these shoes more than anything at the time. Me and my coworker left our jobs at fedex at lax at around 1am. Arrived at Niketown Bev hills at 130 thinking we would be the first ones in line. There was already 15 people sitting outside. I remember some guys were shooting a sort of documentary on shoes and I was interviewed. The doors opened at 8 am if I'm not mistaken. By that time there had to be almost 80 people in line. I paid my 124.49 and got my size 12.

Alot has changed since then. I now make it a habit of making as many friends in my life as possible. Not only sneaker friends either. There are all kinds of people that work in all kinds of fields. All these friends tend to come in handy whether it be car repair or an XI release.

Back in 06 I camped out for a gr IV. In December 09 I picked up a pair of spacejams 5 days after release from fox hills mall.

Be a cool dude. Make some cool friends.

i just camped out last night for 2 pairs of Flint 13's from 05. The guy that owns the Nick kicks store had like 40 something pairs. Im glad I was able to get some

Probably for the White/Varsity Red 6 and then the flint 13s,CG 11s,etc..
pimp.gif

I camped out once for 2 hours for the space jams and luckly I have a connect now and will never camp out again.

i used to camp out for quickstock J's but that was b4 i had a "LIFE" not saying most pplz dont but i think my bed is way betta then a beach chair or hard cement floor..can u agree??

I cammped out this pass Xmass for the Spacejams... I wont do it again. I ended up getting my pair from CL for only 20 more than they cost. I also wont be buying from resellers around here due to all the drama I had with the last guy

No more camping for me. Friday nights are meant for partying not camping.
roll.gif
I just go ahead and order the shoes on websites (footlocker and finishline).

cool grey XI are going to be insain, crazier then the space jam camp out. i got my space jams 3 months after they dropped n for cheap too, DEADSTOCK from one of my boys, i doubt that will ever happen with the cool grey XI's so i got my homie that works at footaction as the manager to hold me 2 pairs in 10.5 when they drop n ima throw him $50 extra

Originally Posted by ckauffman23

id much rather pay an extra hundred instead of camping out, im 25 now and time is money...

same here man..im turning 24 and i feel the same..the same days u miss of work just to camp for kicks you can just pay sumone else to camp for u lmao
roll.gif
right or wrong

Back
Top Bottom