Campaign against Playstation Plus paywall

Hey fellow Playstation fans.

During the playstation 4 E3 reveal, we were (no so) treated to perhaps the most unfortunate news of all: you now have to pay $50 a year to play Playstation 4 games online. 

Playstation Plus is a great deal for some, and I get the perks, but putting the multiplayer behind a paywall is anti-consumer and bull.

You have already paid the developer for the multiplayer portion of the game and the servers to run said game. Why do you have to pay again to access that part of the game? If that's the case, then shouldn't the game be half priced, if we're getting half a game?

Take to twitter. Tweet @Yosp, @Sony, and @Playstation, and tell them we do not want this. It will work if we get enough people behind it, because it worked for them not to include DRM on the used games. 

Hash tag is #PS4FreeOnlinePlay. 

Even if you like PS+, please support the movement. It will affect you too, as it will degrade the service because it is now mandatory. Ergo, there is no longer incentive to keep it a good service. 

Thanks, and good luck to us

Birdman Birdman

That sucks though, but isn't that like Microsoft charging people to use XBox Live?

They're just taking a page from Microsoft

Last edited:
Dude...

It's only $50 for 12 MONTHS.

Is the struggle so real you really cant afford to pay that to enjoy online gaming?

Server cost for online players aren't cheap.. And the PS4 will fly off shelves. Im actually surprised they didn't charge more. This is a deal.

Last edited:
Stop being cheap. We finally get something close to xbl and you're complaining. It's literally $0.13 per day, lol

Dude...

Is the struggle so real you really cant afford to pay that to enjoy online gaming?

Server cost for online players aren't cheap.. And the PS4 will fly off shelves. Im actually surprised they didn't charge more. This is a deal.
It's not about the money at all.

It's them trying to take advantage of the consumer-- AKA against principle. If you can afford these systems, I'm pretty sure you can afford 50 a year. 

The servers are not run by Sony-- they are maintained by the game developer and costs are already incurred with the $60 you pay. The fact that the vast majority of games utilize P2P (CoD, Battlefield, etc) is proof of this. 

Dude...

This.

Im still not seeing how it's taking advantage of the customer by providing quality services at an extremely affordable price.

Stop being cheap. We finally get something close to xbl and you're complaining. It's literally $0.13 per day, lol
That's actually the problem.

Microsoft's model was flawed, anti consumer and just wrong as well. This is why I play Playstation in the first place. 

Charging for something as basic as online multiplayer is ridiculous. It is free on every other platform. It always has been free. Microsoft started this.

i think the main reason they added multiplayer to PS plus is for the gaikai i know that isn't cheap.

Im still not seeing how it's taking advantage of the customer by providing quality services at an extremely affordable price.
Online multiplayer is not a service provided by Sony-- the developers of the game are providing that service. 

Blocking access to 50% of a game you paid for is taking advantage of the consumer. Period. 

If it wasn't 1 AM and I actually found a point to this argument I'd be more convincing.. But .13 cents a day fam.. Are you serious? Dead horse has been beaten to Tartarus and back.

done.gif

Stop missing the point-- it's not about the money.

Besides, would your rather pay "13 cents a day" or not pay anything at all?

By the way, I'd like to see the method of paying "13 cents a day." I've only seen $18/3 months and $50/year. 

After all, a lambo is only $548 a day. 

Last edited:

By the way, I'd like to see the method of paying "13 cents a day." I've only seen $18/3 months and $50/year. 

Me and you could hangout I like you calling out ps for doing the same thing live has been doing. It was bound to happen when they introduced ps+ and companies started including codes to play online

I was considering getting a Plus membership soon anyways so I'm not that mad.

I understand where you guys are coming from but this will make the service better. Sony pretty much had to cut costs everywhere on PSN to make it free which is why Live was so much better than it.

Even if you like Plus, you should support it.

Think about it: because it it now mandatory, there is nothing "Plus" about it, if that makes sense. There will be no reason to keep the service as good as it is, especially so because they've eviscerated their competition and no longer need to continue to improve PSN. 

That alone should make you want to support #PS4FreeOnlinePlay

Reaching.

And did you really just compare .13 cents a day to a got damn lambo?

This thread
mean.gif

LOL at this fool comparing 13 cents to 500 dollars. OP, how about you just don't buy any next gen consoles.
To me the money doesn't matter. That's the draw of the comparison. For people talking about how I "can't afford something", $500 shouldn't be anything to their arrogant selves, no?

How about I not purchase a next gen system? Wow. You're a wop genius. Because I don't like something, I should just avoid it, instead of trying to change it?

Sounds like you like to take it up the butt by the corporations. 

The most direct way you can change what a corporation is going to do is not buy something.

With the demand the ps4 already has and the fact that the direct competition is charging you are ******ed if you think your petition is going to do something

Last edited:
Online multiplayer is not a service provided by Sony-- the developers of the game are providing that service. 

I would get where you are coming from if Sony or Microsoft were pocketing all the money, but at the end of the day some of the money goes back to the Devs. In return we get exclusive or early DLC. Both companies also run servers that connect you to matchmaking and who knows how much that costs to maintain.

Last edited:
@Yen

It's people like you that enabled the Dark Ages to happen. Because you believe you're incapable of changing something. 

Sony is a business. A business cannot exist with a large amount of unhappy customers. If enough of us voice our concerns, then change is inevitable. 

This happened with many multi billion companies. 

Sony itself listened to the twitter campaign regarding used games. They've proven they will listen to us. You just have to speak up

Back
Top Bottom