Can Men and Women be " Just Friends" ?

Sure as long as they're not interested or attracted to them.

I assume if I ever get in to a committed relationship or married all of my female friends will be butch lesbians.

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Lou Baton

I can't see the video but, Yes. But that doesn't mean if the chance presented itself something more wouldn't/couldn't happen. It's about having boundaries and sticking to them.
Bingo. Mature adults can set boundaries. Immature people (average NTer) can't comprehend such things.

Yup

i9GzoNxukzF8v.gif

you can also be friends with someone youre sexually attracted to. self control x boundaries.

Lol of course, you can like someone's personality and not be sexually attracted to them

I can't see the video but, Yes. But that doesn't mean if the chance presented itself something more wouldn't/couldn't happen. It's about having boundaries and sticking to them.
Bingo. Mature adults can set boundaries. Immature people (average NTer) can't comprehend such things.
So basically, you're saying if you and a dime were best friends since pre-k, you wouldn't hook up with her.
Oh.

Yep. I love women. Mad honeys out there to try to sleep with everything. I love having a stable of female friends to kick it with. Chicks are mad cool and provide invaluable perspective that assist you in dealing with the women you're messing with.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

For the most part no. If she your friends girl/family(for some), unattractive to you maybe but even then not as cool as your best guy friend. Now dudes saying that I'm going to think your lying. That right there is very rare.
My best friend is a girl.  So I say, yes. 

didnt watch yet, but i think a better question is can they be friends when one clearly wants more?

Originally Posted by jeenewed

So basically, you're saying if you and a dime were best friends since pre-k, you wouldn't hook up with her.
Oh.
There's this puerto rican girl I grew up with since 2nd grade and growing up I just did not see her in that way. I'm talking no movement in the nether regions. I was straight up telling dudes she was ugly as they beasted over her. It's only been since this past year that I've noticed she's kind of pretty on some I might smash tip
laugh.gif

It got to the point where dudes were telling me I should find her attractive at the least. Crazy how your mind works given certain situations.

def can happen. one of my best friends is a female, her wedding is in august. weve known each other for almost 11 years now. even lived together for a year while we were both in long distance relationships. never so much as fooled around w/ her or anything. maturity and respect are necessary, i value our friendship way more than any satisfaction that would be brought on by a sexual experience w/ her.

No. Guys make friends with girls because they are attracted to them. Only time guys make friends with ugly girls is at work and school. But adults can set boundaries as mentioned previously.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

For the most part no. If she your friends girl/family(for some), unattractive to you maybe but even then not as cool as your best guy friend. Now dudes saying that I'm going to think your lying. That right there is very rare.
My best friend is a girl.  So I say, yes. 

Man next time we out we'll get to the bottom of this madness. You my man but I still believe what I said to be true for the most part.

I have plenty of female friends but all of them were through school or work. When you have something that brings you together without the pretense of someone hollering then it can work.

I am sexually attracted to some of my female friends but wouldn't try anything because it would be mad awkward. The ones I'm attracted to are cute but not dimes so I don't feel like I'm missing anything by being willingly friend-zoned.

I say that it is possible. One of my best friends is a female and the thought of anything sexual has never crossed my mind.

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Lol of course, you can like someone's personality and not be sexually attracted to them

this. Of course, there might be someone with the personality of a seedless raisin who is
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

probably best to find a happy balance 
laugh.gif

Depends on what meaning of friend we referring to. if it's one attatched by feelings of affection....hell nah

Naw man, you cant.... I used to always think you could. I have been with my girl for 10 years, and she is the only girl I have ever been with. I have a driend that I have been friends with for a few years. She cuts my hair at the salon, but just recently we started texting each other.

I swear, Im starting to like her more and more. I had to stop texting her, and getting so many frequent haircuts (I was going every week, now I go every other week).

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Completely feelin him until the last part.. shoulda been changed to her asking "If I were to want to have sex with you, would you want to?" THEN watch the fireworks.

This

Originally Posted by BossDonVah

This

Sigh. I wasn't going to address this but so many of you are backing it up that I feel the need to.

Setting boundaries.. indeed it's possible. And it's definitely possible to abide by them. But that doesn't mean that you wouldn't want to smash those if she was an attractive person and wanted to let you in.

You're only abiding by the boundaries because you feel like there isn't going to be anything more and you're scared of ruining the friendship. Those boundaries are placed there by you in order to force just a friendship. (And probably scared of ruining the chances of her letting you in, too) If those boundaries weren't set there purposefully by you, you'd naturally have that thought in your mind that if she wanted to let you smash the yambs then you'd be all over it.

Come on, I still don't understand why people on here feel the need to play the higher class / mature heads. It's a forum not an interview pool for a high class job.
eyes.gif

Spoiler [+]
If you REALLY REALLY feel that way, please prove it by arguing back with points instead of just quoting and agreeing with someone else.

Back
Top Bottom