Can someone tell me the cons of marijuana usage?

In LA there are a lot of dispensaries and has gotten to the point where you can't walk 2 blocks without bumping into one. A lot of people smoke weed in the city (more than you can imagine)

the only negative consequences I can think of from personal experience is the short term memory while high, it's not so bad the day after but you can def feel it. I used to feel cloudy and out of it the next day but after I started vaping I feel normal after I wake up.

Money wasted is also another con but if you vape you basically need just a pinch to be set and in the clouds. Even in LA where marijuana is everywhere there are still people who go with th stereotypes of weed being bad and place it on the level of crack and meth which is not even close

Hope it passes on November...... blaze up!! Until then Im coppin an O to hold me down until November cause my MJ permit is going to be up after 4/20

peace

Absolutely nothing, go light one up and enjoy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

Here is a letter i got from a local dispensary

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Legalize it for adult use and Tax it even more question:

I admit I struggle with my feelings on this topic. However, if cannabis

was outright legalized for everybody over 21, I don't think society would like

the results. Right now, it's socially acceptable - only as a medicine, even

if only for minute personal reasons. Right now, a doctor stands between

that patient and his/her medication and can answer questions and monitor the

patient's well being over time. Take away "medical cannabis" and out goes

all of the education behind cannabis. Right now there are many cannabis

organizations out there who are funded by "people who want it legalized"- these

organizations are currently educating many people on this important

topic. However, once medical cannabis is legalized, all of these educational organizations

and their funding will likely disappear. First the education and information will disappear, followed by the

quality of medicine, as more and more big producers shut out the small cultivators.

Have you been to Amsterdam? Presently, people still, for the most part, smoke in the shadows and respect the

fact that the current Dutch policy towards cannabis regulation and control is a working social experiment.

We don't want to get it wrong when we still have so much further to go.

Why aren't people screaming to legalize hemp? That would make so much more sense.

The Green Cross supports decriminalization, and approves and defends

personal choice for all Californians. In addition, The Green Cross opposes

any legislation, rule or regulation that aims to limit or restrict, in any

way, an individual's right to grow cannabis. Nevertheless, The Green Cross has

been, and continues to be, adamant that cannabis is medicine, and should be

used under a doctor's supervision and with a doctor's recommendation.

Cannabis must be used responsibly, and some in the medical community are

concerned that the recent push for adult-use legalization could adversely

affect patients and demean medical use.

Medical Cannabis Dispensaries are taxed at the state and local level, through sales tax, payroll

or gross receipts tax, and income tax. Levying higher taxes, like those resulting from the Oakland measure,

will result in higher prices for patients. Collectives must be run as non-profits,

so any increase in their taxes requires cuts in patients' services and/or increases in patients' prices.

Proponents say these taxes are a way to help legitimize and justify general adult use. However, such a sin tax only

works to punish patients, the only members of the California adult population who currently are allowed to

purchase cannabis legally.

Punishing patients to gain social acceptance of a rushed unproven experiment involving general adult use is

irresponsible and unfair. The medical community has worked hard to fight for the rights of patients and caretakers.

I still stand by what I have said many times before: "this frantic, 'we need money, legalize now' movement may totally

derail what we have been tirelessly working for during the last thirteen years. Proponents of legalization run the

risk that people may not like what they see, and if the legalization-for-all social experiment fails, it could bring

the medical cannabis movement down with it."

Kevin Reed, President

The Green Cross

Medical Cannabis Delivery

t. 415.648.4420 f.415.431.2420

KevinReed@TheGreenCross.org

TheGreenCross.org

Our Forum:

TheGreenCross.org/phpbb3

Our Facebook:

Facebook.com/TheGreenCross

Our Twitter:

Twitter.com/TheGreenCross

Our Myspace:

Myspace.com/TheGreenCross

some good points here. I agree that if weed is legalized, everything bad is gonna get blamed on it...one step forward, two steps back, so to speak.
first and foremost, people need to get educated on this issue.
Damn, this article is TRUTH..

Man to me things came in stages, but kept chiefing and I was good.

Example -
Used to laugh a lot at everything
Used to walk around cheesing
Used to get mad munchies
Used to get tired
Used to get lazy
Used to forget stuff five minutes later

Now I'm good! I think I hit that productive stage, cause now after I burn one I want to do something like HW, Clean, or Excercise

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

$$$
short term memory loss
ummm that withdrawl *##% is definitely true... if u smoke daily and quit u wont even want to eat really... u just wont get the urge that tells u ur hungry...
this QFT
been clean for about a month now after smoking about 5-6 times a week.
my pockets have gotten fatter, my memory is somewhat on the rise, and im having a hard time eating half as much as i used to

I smoked everyday throughout college . . . graduated in 4 years, did fine etc . . . Have a career job that I can easily maintain while getting high everyday after work . . . I could easily create a successful life for myself with smoking bud everyday . . . It's all mental . . . Some people let themselves get taken over by it, some can live with being high all the time.

I defintely eat more when I am high, but I just make myself go for runs, bumping the ipod . . . Laziness is all mental too . . .

I go through a 1/2 oz every 2 weeks taking bong rips and smoking blunts with people etc . . . Other than the $ aspect and it hurting your lungs (things I didn't care about) life is better high because I can just relax.

That being said . . . I got a new job that starts 6/14 where I need to take a piss test on 5/30 . . . I last smoked on March 15th . . . About a month ago (Praying to God it is all out of me by 5/30 because I was such a heavy smoker, but that's a different story . . .) and I am just living a much crisper, sharper life - - - Even though I would rather still be getting high . . .

I will make this argument though . . .

You CANNOT touch top paper while getting high everyday . . . Maybe once in awhile, like once a month . . . But it is much more difficult to reach the $150,000 yr + range while being an everyday type of smoker . . . NO senior vice presidents etc. are getting high on MJ regularly . . . It is just too demanding. 

That's why I contemplate the correct age when I should no longer smoke regularly if I really want to touch top paper? 27-30 %#*?

Remember what Hova said on Vol. 3

"All my deep smokers, I hope the leaf choke ya
Hope you'll never be sober, I'ma toast to myself"

Just food for thought . . .

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

$$$
short term memory loss
ummm that withdrawl *##% is definitely true... if u smoke daily and quit u wont even want to eat really... u just wont get the urge that tells u ur hungry...
this QFT
my pockets have gotten fatter, my memory is somewhat on the rise, and im having a hard time eating half as much as i used to
marijuana makes you forget the unnecessary things/stresses of everyday life and reminds you of what is truly important in life. 

Originally Posted by btrbean

I smoked everyday throughout college . . . graduated in 4 years, did fine etc . . . Have a career job that I can easily maintain while getting high everyday after work . . . I could easily create a successful life for myself with smoking bud everyday . . . It's all mental . . . Some people let themselves get taken over by it, some can live with being high all the time.

I defintely eat more when I am high, but I just make myself go for runs, bumping the ipod . . . Laziness is all mental too . . .

I go through a 1/2 oz every 2 weeks taking bong rips and smoking blunts with people etc . . . Other than the $ aspect and it hurting your lungs (things I didn't care about) life is better high because I can just relax.

That being said . . . I got a new job that starts 6/14 where I need to take a piss test on 5/30 . . . I last smoked on March 15th . . . About a month ago (Praying to God it is all out of me by 5/30 because I was such a heavy smoker, but that's a different story . . .) and I am just living a much crisper, sharper life - - - Even though I would rather still be getting high . . .

You CANNOT touch top paper while getting high everyday . . . Maybe once in awhile, like once a month . . . But it is much more difficult to reach the $150,000 yr + range while being an everyday type of smoker . . . NO senior vice presidents etc. are getting high on MJ regularly . . . It is just too demanding. 

That's why I contemplate the correct age when I should no longer smoke regularly if I really want to touch top paper? 27-30 %#*?

I somewhat agree with that statement above.  The thing is, you CAN touch that top paper if you messin with other stuff (like the white).  I only recreationally use the white, but when I was using it more frequently I was a beast.  I would churn out high quality school work in college with such focus and attention to detail.  Stuff is amazing.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

$$$
short term memory loss
this QFT
Wack.. Withdrawal my %$%.   Of course you're not going to be AS hungry as before.   I used to straight up pig out when I was loaded.  Now I just eat normal.    The short term memory loss...
grin.gif
Maybe...I guess you can blame it on weed.    But when I used to smoke and then study I felt like I learned more and soaked more in.

The money...   I 100% agree with everybody on that.  

I used to smoke 3 blunts a day maybe like 4-5 times out of the week.   Sometimes at least once everyday for 7 days.  
I stopped smoking like a month ago because of certain responsibilities or else I would still be blowin that Kush. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I have never smoked weed in my life for the simple reason of it doesn't get you anywhere. Nothing cool ever happens when you get high. my friends get high talk about other times they got high and eat.

Drinking for example leads to social situations and hookups. I see some one drinking...i see girl drinking....i see girl leave with guy....i start drinking.

I see guy smoke pot...i see guy sit...i see guy eat....i see girl smoke pot with him....i see girl sit.....i see girl eat.... they fall asleep. I don't smoke pot.
That's kinda true
laugh.gif

while I generally agree that this is the case in most realms of business, your statement is faaaaaaaaar from absolute.  Phil Knight smokes on the regular and I think he is touching "top paper" (smh head at lameness of that phrase).  plenty of rappers make 150K+ and do this 'touching' you are referring to.  lots of artists smoke on the regular and make a lot of money. 
you might want to consider not making such absolute and completely unsupported statements, unless of course you are a teabagger in which case that is the only way to make a statement.  and putting stuff in all caps doesn't make your statement anymore believable, nor does it substitute for a cliffnote to an actual reference.
and not sure that consulting Hova is the best route when looking for absolute truths in the world.  sounds like something a pothead would do

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I somewhat agree with that statement above.  The thing is, you CAN touch that top paper if you messin with other stuff (like the white).  I only recreationally use the white, but when I was using it more frequently I was a beast.  I would churn out high quality school work in college with such focus and attention to detail.  Stuff is amazing.

laugh.gif
 at the white making you a beast 
pimp.gif
 QFT 

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

while I generally agree that this is the case in most realms of business, your statement is faaaaaaaaar from absolute.  Phil Knight smokes on the regular and I think he is touching "top paper" (smh head at lameness of that phrase).  plenty of rappers make 150K+ and do this 'touching' you are referring to.  lots of artists smoke on the regular and make a lot of money. 
you might want to consider not making such absolute and completely unsupported statements, unless of course you are a teabagger in which case that is the only way to make a statement.  and putting stuff in all caps doesn't make your statement anymore believable, nor does it substitute for a cliffnote to an actual reference.
and not sure that consulting Hova is the best route when looking for absolute truths in the world.  sounds like something a pothead would do

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The VAST majority of people in our society aren't employed in professions where the regular use of MJ enhances their ability to earn. Most people in America don't make their living by selling their art . . . Phil Knight is obviously an exception, but I would bet that most senior executives at Nike aren't getting high on the regular.

I just don't see how you can use rappers & artists as examples of people that can smoke everyday, but still make a couple hundred grand a year . . .

I wasn't trying to be absolute with my statement . . . 

LOL @ plenty of rappers make 150K+ and do this 'touching' you are referring to

The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University. Researchers do not know why THC inhibits tumor growth, they say the substance could be activating molecules that arrest the cell cycle.

Back
Top Bottom