Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Man whole record is fire from top down. :pimp:

I knew this dude had some talent when I first heard him on the Compton album.

your avy and post got me to check out the album. Definitely going to be in the top 5 albums for me this year. Stones Throw stays putting signing good artists.

I just wanna say that this is one of my favorite threads in the music section and although it's not always on the first page I do always check it when it does come up on the first page and I just wanna say I really appreciate the thread.

All I want to listen to lately is R&B, Soul and Jazz (kinda over rap right now). I listen to Hiatus Kiayote and Anderson .Paak albums at work all day long then I get home and listen to Kind of Blue and a two hour version of A Love Supreme I found on YouTube. I recently discovered St. Paul and the Broken Bones as well as Leon Bridges. It's all great music and both Half the City and Coming Home are great albums.

If anyone can suggest anything else similar to them, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not really looking for older stuff (unless it's Jazz), I'm more interested in newer R&B/Soul artists.

I know this doesn't fit/belong in here, but The Internet, I gave that a spin this afternoon, decent product, never seen it coming.

Tweet's new one 'Charlene' drops tomorrow. 

VERY excited and have already pre-ordered on iTunes...love this woman and her voice is amazing

highly reccomend checkin out their Stay Up EP. refreshing to hear that throwback R&B sound in a time where its non existent.

highly reccomend checkin out their Stay Up EP. refreshing to hear that throwback R&B sound in a time where its non existent.

This is my joint. I think I posted this same song earlier in the thread. Props.

i dunno if you guys mess with bryson tiller or sy ari da kid (whenever he does rnb) but i remixed his latest single. tell me if you guys like it. its very smooth

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Any new stuff to check out...Soul Music for the soul???

I don't know if this fits the mold that you're looking for Fam, but I've been stuck on the group The Internet, their albums "Feel Good" and "Ego Death" have been on repeat for me, it's like there is no category to put them in, it's worth giving a shot.

Back
Top Bottom