Can we talk about masculinity for a minute? Is there anything that a man simply should not do?

I was down at the Corcoran Art Gallery this weekend and I saw the 30 Americans exhibit and I came across this piece:

27462-620-267.jpg

And the point of it was to blend masculinity and beauty.  It's a spectacular piece of artwork.  Then I saw the Gorillaz in Paris Video and I saw Kanye West in a "kilt", same thing right? 
Jay-Z-Kanye-West-@*@@
Artistry at work; kilts are traditionally a masculine garment but the dress is overwhelmingly a feminine article of clothing.

So when a man wears his hair in shirley temple curls
snoop14.png
or a perm
katt_williams.jpg
clearly feminine styles, what does that do for the overall image of masculinity?  How can you be a masculine man doing something that is supposed to be done by women?

I've always felt that masculine and feminine gender roles had an elementary purpose; to easily and quickly distinguish men from women.  Period. But between fashion and rebellion the lines are blurred, so with all due respect to all of the men who:

Wear pink
dgo5f6.jpg

Skinnys
skinny-jeans.jpg

Or earrings in both ears
guy_with_earrings.jpg

How do you feel about the public perception of those actions?  I mean it's OBVIOUS that you don't "care" about it by doing it but is there anything that you think a man simply should not do?

run off their mouth like a #%@!#%! girl 
30t6p3b.gif

what happened to the bro code? bunch of sisters out here
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

run off their mouth like a #%@!#%! girl 
30t6p3b.gif

what happened to the bro code? bunch of sisters out here
30t6p3b.gif

Truth. Everything else is the individual's prerogative.

Did all my pics fail? Really I think something's up with the board.

Pee sitting down.

EXACTLY! But peeing that way is so much more sanitary! I know a man, a grown man who does this for that exact reason. But if I have a son he WILL stand up to pee because that's just what men do. I think there are things like that. Things that men should do because they are men.

inb4 SillyTron i mean MegaPutty....I mean Bronle...or Kictionair...either way its going down word to Yung Joc

I predict somebody says "what is masculinity" and challenges the social norms that seperate men and women.  Then maybe uses an analogy using gays or religion.  Then tread will be completely derailed and filled with memes, colorful font, and the same back and forth that is in 1 out of every 8 threads.  But I could be wrong.

Really?? I've never heard that before.. smiley: laugh

Yeah, two reasons

1.) You don't have to touch your penis as much and
2.) The commode stays clean.

Despite those truths young men are expected to pee standing up. (That's what my son will do.)

The toilet in my apartment has a sticker on the top with a red X over a guy standing up and then shows that you should sit down to pee smh....but its in German so maybe that's how they do it in Europe.....I can never do that, that's just one thing that is strictly for females

Things a man shouldn't do.

Break commitments
Walk on on his kids.
Not be mentoring at least 1 kid out there. Give back.
Not be interested in ANY form of competitive events.
Allow any other person to walk over you or anyone you care about without speaking up

Now that I look back, I wish I would've never got my ears pierced (can't say I regret it though).. only wore earrings for 2 years and took them out.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

masturbate in public

Interesting tid bit on this. There is a guy in the building I work in that allegedly masturbates from time to time. I think in his cubical or restroom. If it's true, that would explain the tissue/paper towels balled up around his work space.

I don't see how you can be against earrings in both ears if you're ok with an earring in one ear. that's straight foolishness.

We shouldnt...

make decisions solely with our hearts (emotions) instead using our brain (logic).
ask for directions without trying to figure it out by ourselves first.
shake with our left hand.
sucker punch someone. Square up and fight.
drink colorful fruity cocktails with cute names like bahama mama or midori sours.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Hell Rell said man shall not sleep with man.

laugh.gif
On a semi-related note, I built the mother of all toilet nests last night. It was so grandiose that I didn't even bother flushing it; I wanted the world (or at least my fellow Target shoppers) to realize my architectural ability.

Back
Top Bottom