Can we talk about masculinity for a minute? Is there anything that a man simply should not do?

Originally Posted by jasongilmore

Originally Posted by Shox23

Originally Posted by Kramer

I wear skinny jeans everyday. Am I not a man?

before the 90s weren't all jeans skinny?
No, I had Silvertabs back then that were not skinny.. Plus didn't Levis have some jeans that were "baggy" back then??

I think he meant "fitted" rather than skinny.  People wore pants that fit and the hem was perfect.

OP is a forum 16 vet. You just seem like a clown.

'Preciate that homie...

getting on both knees is a no-no for me.

In Marine Corps boot camp they actually stopped us in the middle of a live fire exercise to point out a guy who was waiting in line on both knees. My DI said and I quote "A man that is down on both knees is either begging for his life or waiting for someone to put something in his mouth."

Adhere to a ridiculous binary that would keep them from living their life exactly how they want in the name of 'masculinity.'

Thank you for that, as I had never heard of gender binary before. But what makes it "ridiculous", the question is very simple..

I mean yall are going so hard like I'm sooooo far off base here but according to some of you it's okay to be equally attracted to

alek+wek.jpeg
and
ze1kop56kqn71eon.jpg
because there's no real definition of "masculinity".

What I'm saying is that there has to be. Women are women and men are men. And there should be some standard to adhere to. That's all.

Originally Posted by foreveryoung

Comment on another dudes clothing or style
That really might be the most feminine thing you can do. Have you heard girls gossip about other girls clothes or style? Sounds hella petty
You're on NIKEtalk bro. The brand was built on men seeing and liking what an athlete wore. I guess everyone in the WDYWT thread is feminine. This thread is hilarious 
laugh.gif
There is nothing me nor anyone in this world could do to make me feel like I'm not a man.

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Cuffy

OP is Sillyputty
OP is a forum 16 vet. You just seem like a clown.
Defending another man over a clear joke, things men simply should not do
I didn't defend a man. There's nothing to defend. I corrected your dumb !#*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

Adhere to a ridiculous binary that would keep them from living their life exactly how they want in the name of 'masculinity.'

Thank you for that, as I had never heard of gender binary before. But what makes it "ridiculous", the question is very simple..

I mean yall are going so hard like I'm sooooo far off base here but according to some of you it's okay to be equally attracted to

alek+wek.jpeg
and
ze1kop56kqn71eon.jpg
because there's no real definition of "masculinity".

What I'm saying is that there has to be. Women are women and men are men. And there should be some standard to adhere to. That's all.
So there should be some huge sweeping standard that you should not only be expected to know, but to also obey? #!+! that!  Let me guess, pink for baby girls and blue for baby boys?

What is the harm when the lines that are drawn between masculine and feminine become muddied or less defined?  What do we lose as men? Do we lose grasp on some b.s. upper hand we have over women?

Originally Posted by blakep267

If a guy absolutely must wear sandals/flip flops, they must be brown leather. No other color is permissible. No turquoise or pink flip flops

guess I better go throw out my black flip flops

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

If a guy absolutely must wear sandals/flip flops, they must be brown leather. No other color is permissible. No turquoise or pink flip flops

Me too. 2 snaps in a Z formation! 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack9

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Me too. 2 snaps in a Z formation! 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If we're gonna go there, black sandals/flip flops >>>>>> turkey sandwich >>>>>> brown sandals/flip flops

"Men" shouldn't refer to archaic practices or traits as measurements of one's "masculinity".

dont look over in the stall (eyes strait ahead)
never hate when ur homeboy gets chose when clubbin or wherever (theres plently to go around)
dont leave voicemails when callin a chick
dont fall in love with a jumpoff
if you can grow facial hair let it (bald face is for women and children or if your in the military or corporate slave)
no skinnys
dont whisper to other men
dont sit or lay on another dudes bed

......stay tuned for more

Originally Posted by Keif Sweat

Originally Posted by foreveryoung

Comment on another dudes clothing or style
That really might be the most feminine thing you can do. Have you heard girls gossip about other girls clothes or style? Sounds hella petty
You're on NIKEtalk bro. The brand was built on men seeing and liking what an athlete wore. I guess everyone in the WDYWT thread is feminine. This thread is hilarious 
laugh.gif
There is nothing me nor anyone in this world could do to make me feel like I'm not a man.
Youre right I shouldnt have said comment. Shoot I comment on styles I like all the time. I guess I should say hate on or talk about behind another dudes back. Pretty wack imo

So it's feminine to shave your face now? I have a full beard at the moment, but I can't imagine getting at any girls with this @#$% 
laugh.gif
Most women I know hate facial hair

When a man get punch in the face in a straight up fight and and he back down.

In my book, that makes him a coward and less than a man.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

When a man gets punched in the face in a straight up fight and and he backs down.

In my book, that makes him a coward and less than a man.
+1. 
many other things that have been posted i would never do but most are personal preference type things. In the above scenario if you're still conscious you must retaliate, or you are < a Man. Keep in mind i am not an advocate for violence (i hope i never have to fight again, although it is most exhilarating, people will try to kill you if you beat them up, in particular those who think they are "thugs").

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

So it's feminine to shave your face now? I have a full beard at the moment, but I can't imagine getting at any girls with this @#$% 
laugh.gif
Most women I know hate facial hair
why not? hair on your face is natural....shaving is unnatural. 
majority of women i know love facial hair......u must be messin with stereotypical shallow h's
tired.gif
 sounds like you lack confidence also

where all on a board because we have a addiction to shoes...are we really in any space to judge masculinity?

Back
Top Bottom