canceling data plan

I'm trying to upgrade this phone for my mom but they trying to force me to get the data plan which my mom will never use 
indifferent.gif

Is there anyway to cancel the "required" data plans on att? or get around this? One dude on here told me you can just get the phone and cancel the data service through their customer service.

I'm trying to upgrade this phone for my mom but they trying to force me to get the data plan which my mom will never use 
indifferent.gif

Is there anyway to cancel the "required" data plans on att? or get around this? One dude on here told me you can just get the phone and cancel the data service through their customer service.

at&t claims they're doing the customer's a service by automatically putting in the data plan
indifferent.gif

at&t claims they're doing the customer's a service by automatically putting in the data plan
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

indifferent.gif

i'm with at&t and i'm pretty sure there is no way out of the data plan...the cheapest one they offer is like 15 bucks a month i think
but if your with at&t also, you might want look into getting a family talk plan...it'd be way cheaper

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

indifferent.gif

i'm with at&t and i'm pretty sure there is no way out of the data plan...the cheapest one they offer is like 15 bucks a month i think
but if your with at&t also, you might want look into getting a family talk plan...it'd be way cheaper

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

indifferent.gif
i kno these guys are idiots, somebody know how to do this? Anybody work with att and trying to hook me up?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

indifferent.gif
i kno these guys are idiots, somebody know how to do this? Anybody work with att and trying to hook me up?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Why even get a smartphone capable of data when you don't want the data plan?  That makes no sense.
Anyway, only the iPhone requires a monthly data plan that you MUST keep throughout your contract.
Data plans on any other phone are not required, and can be canceled any time, but may be required to get a phone at the discounted price/rebates.

Why even get a smartphone capable of data when you don't want the data plan?  That makes no sense.
Anyway, only the iPhone requires a monthly data plan that you MUST keep throughout your contract.
Data plans on any other phone are not required, and can be canceled any time, but may be required to get a phone at the discounted price/rebates.

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Exactly... just don't cave to buy a smartphone and just buy a dependable regular phone that does not require a data plan.

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Exactly... just don't cave to buy a smartphone and just buy a dependable regular phone that does not require a data plan.

What phone is it? I know for WM phones you can get it shut off with no problem? With the iPhone or an Android phone, def. no and most likely no.

What phone is it? I know for WM phones you can get it shut off with no problem? With the iPhone or an Android phone, def. no and most likely no.

Smh@ att....I have a bberry 9700 and my wife was eligible for upgrade, so I was going to get an iphone, and give my wife my bberry with no data plan, and they said that its required, and they would add a data plan automatically.....
smh.gif
she would never use it.

Smh@ att....I have a bberry 9700 and my wife was eligible for upgrade, so I was going to get an iphone, and give my wife my bberry with no data plan, and they said that its required, and they would add a data plan automatically.....
smh.gif
she would never use it.

If she would never use it than why get it for her.
I will never ever understand people that want smart phones with no data.

If she would never use it than why get it for her.
I will never ever understand people that want smart phones with no data.

^
she might just like the phone.  i know a lot of girls who love blackberry's because of the keyboard.  i have a few friends who have a bb with no data plan.  i don't like how providers are forcing data plans on people now.  my sister needs a new phone for verizon and her choices are pretty limited.  she texts a lot and wants a full keyboard but almost every phone requires data.

^
she might just like the phone.  i know a lot of girls who love blackberry's because of the keyboard.  i have a few friends who have a bb with no data plan.  i don't like how providers are forcing data plans on people now.  my sister needs a new phone for verizon and her choices are pretty limited.  she texts a lot and wants a full keyboard but almost every phone requires data.

i used to think that it was bs that you have to have the data plan.

it IS a smartphone tho.

Back
Top Bottom