Canibus flaked on Big Pun 12 times. SMH LMAO

Originally Posted by AK Nako

talkin bout lyrical you must think wordplay, metaphors, similies, hyperboles, and nonsense = lyrical. You ARE WRONG!

Son, I stay defending and cosigning a lot of the things you say, even the more ridiculous comments, but come on. What the hell are you even saying? If that isn't lyrical, what is?

eff out of here. i feel like sometimes you argue just for the sake of arguing.

All Im saying is go look up the definition of lyrical, its seriously is not that. The whole topic of that in NT is a huge misuunderstanding on what thatword means
Expressing deep personal emotion or observations
That is just one way to say it is expressing your emotions thru lyrics, but all i can tell you is look it up yaself. Having metaphors, similies,wordplay and a uniquestyle/flow thats just being that its not lyrical and if you look up the definition I guarantee it will not be defined in the sense of whatyou think it is. Everybody has a big misconception of what the word means. To put it frankly 2Pac is more lyrical than Canibus but you would have to know whatlyrical means to understand why that statement is correct. It aint nothin tho I use to think lyrical meant that oo but then I looked it up, spoke to numerousppl on it and realized the difference. Wordplay and other techniques used in lyricism are just xtra issh to show off diff skills. To truly be lyrcal is toconnect with the listener and have them feel/know exactly what you were saying thru your lyrics.

smokin.gif

I never heard nas ,black thought on a track with pun but the rest of them,They aint worth mentioning.
laugh.gif

Please log out and never visit the music forum again....or atleast use google before you post idiot. But just like everyone else said....we allkno why Bus didnt show up
nerd.gif
Respected tho, cuz he was ill in his own right

1. Canibus already outshined pun. FACT

2. Rip The Jacker>any Pun album (before you flame have you REALLY listened to both)

3. Buddah cannot be taken seriously in regards to Canibus, he has had a hate on ever since he joined this site.

3. Buddah cannot be taken seriously in regards to Canibus, he has had a hate on ever since he joined this site.
Whats does that mean? Had a hate on? I just dont like Canibus as a rapper. I dont feel he is that nice, its my opinion so take me versy serious onit cuz you'll never hear me talk about dude in a positive way when it comes to rappin, quite frankly dude cant even be mentioned with real MCs. Canibus isa failure. I just dont like dude and I have given him a chance just to be disgusted with each album. Dont get it confused it may seem like Im hating but itsnot like Im hating off of one song I heard dude did. Ive had the catalog and its really not good to me. Theres a lot of rappers Id rather hear over Canibushe's just not that good please stop overrating such garbage. Tryin to make doodoo appealing, shame on you.

smokin.gif

You have generalized his music to ******ed degrees, your simply not paying attention and thus why you can't be taken seriously.

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

You have generalized his music to ******ed degrees, your simply not paying attention and thus why you can't be taken seriously.

Ive generalized it for clear hyperbole purposes but ******ed music is ******ed. I wont comment on you saying I havent been paying attention
laugh.gif
but lets agree to disagree it seems theres a lil following for this dude on here. So beit, I still think he is trash n yes I am serious.

smokin.gif

I dont understand why people keep saying Cannibus > Pun...If Cannibus didn't show up approxiamtely 12 times that means he knew he wasnt seeing him andwanted to avoid embarrassment...

He wouldnt have been embarrassed like crazy but you know Pun was prolly packin a mac in the back of the Ac for this dude Cannibus. He had to have had sumthinvicious if he kept clamoring for Bus to come get on...

Cannibus is one of the greatest lyricist to me but I think Pun was better.

To call Canibus garbage is ridiculous. I mean, if you don't prefer his style, that's one thing. But to say dude is a garbage emcee is absurd and false.I'm not even a fan like that, and honestly, his albums don't do a whole lot for me(mainly due to production). But if you can honestly listen to himspit and say he's awful at what he does, you're a damn fool and your hip-hop pass needs to be revoked.

I understand not digging his style or whatever, but you can't deny that the skill is there.

If my hip hop pass should be revoked beacause I think Canibus is trash then so be it. I'll stand next to that, something imaginary like a hip hop passcan't take away my opinions or what I think about other hip hop artists and if dudes are will dismiss anything I have to say on hip hop because of thisthen so be it. Dude is trash to me, I mean what do you mean skill? Im not sayin he is a Reh Dogg or somethin sure he can rhyme words and has metaphors, n allthat other issh ppl like to
eek.gif
over. I dont think they are good, I thinkits quite a gimmick as well, when it comes down to it Canibus brings nothin but doodoo to the table. Im not feelin his music AT ALL IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

smokin.gif

"I used to have to pack a mack in the back of the Ac, now I relax and stack platinum plaques on the shack..."

pimp.gif

What are you talking about? Pun did songs with Jadakiss, The LOX, Nas, Nore, Cam'ron, Black Thought, Prodigy, Inspectah Deck, Cuban Link.

I never heard nas ,black thought on a track with pun but the rest of them,They aint worth mentioning.
You either must be 13 or just ******ed.

2. Rip The Jacker>any Pun album (before you flame have you REALLY listened to both)
Shut up .

Canibus is lame . My man Absolute (House of Reps, Lyricist Lounge Vol 1) called dude out in 98 to battle ...Son flaked and copped mad pleas ,he even called sonout in The Source and Stress Mag . Bis is just a rap nerd , sitting there writing scientific garbage . His rhyme pattern`s are weak . (I wont take away thefact he destroyed Beasts From The East though)

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

Shut up .

Canibus is lame . My man Absolute (House of Reps, Lyricist Lounge Vol 1) called dude out in 98 to battle ...Son flaked and copped mad pleas ,he even called son out in The Source and Stress Mag . Bis is just a rap nerd , sitting there writing scientific garbage . His rhyme pattern`s are weak . (I wont take away the fact he destroyed Beasts From The East though)

Says the guy with bug pun in his avatar, don't get emotional homie. I doubt you have even listened to it but for your information Rip The Jacker ismusically superior to Capital Punishment and all his other albums it's fact.

'Bis has already out shined big Pun, twice.

'Bis has out shined Common, Rakim, DMX, and Big L theres a long list bud, Puns a small notch.

Emotional ? lame reponse .

I know you're not putting music and Canibus in the same sentence lil guy . I've listened to more music in a year than you have your entire life , thatthe only fact here .

The only fans riding for Bis are cupcakes from the burbs that rock jnco jeans and think they're Hip Hop.

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

Emotional ? lame reponse .

I know you're not putting music and Canibus in the same sentence lil guy . I've listened to more music in a year than you have your entire life , that the only fact here .

The only fans riding for Bis are cupcakes from the burbs that rock jnco jeans and think they're Hip Hop.

I'm definitely not from the burbs and I've never rocked JNCO jeans. I've always respected Canibus for his lyrical talents.

Big Pun was the full package. He had the personality to cross over to the main stream and make singles while keepin it lyrical. That's what he wassuccessful. Canibus on the other hand is just a rapping machine. Not a real emcee.

Pun was a better overall artist and had better albums, but if you REALLY think Canibus wasn't gonna go in the booth and destroy Pun had he showed up anyone of those twelve times you're on some other %%**. 97-98 Canibus was lyrically UNTOUCHABLE. Yall can't name one dude who got on a track with him anddidn't get ripped, he had dudes shook.

Cosign^

I mean, pun overall is better then bis if you want to talk music. You could dance to his @%%+, had hard lyrical joints, ill flow, sick beats and all that. Butas far as just being on crazy lyrical *!%%%#$@!%%+, bis back in the day was pretty much over anyone.

Originally Posted by BlackCease

Pun was a better overall artist and had better albums, but if you REALLY think Canibus wasn't gonna go in the booth and destroy Pun had he showed up any one of those twelve times you're on some other %%**. 97-98 Canibus was lyrically UNTOUCHABLE. Yall can't name one dude who got on a track with him and didn't get ripped, he had dudes shook.

The correct portion of his post has been bolded, please read carefully.

Pun was a better overall artist and had better albums, but if you REALLY think Canibus wasn't gonna go in the booth and destroy Pun had he showed up any one of those twelve times you're on some other %%**. 97-98 Canibus was lyrically UNTOUCHABLE. Yall can't name one dude who got on a track with him and didn't get ripped, he had dudes shook.
that is true...Bis was UNTOUCHABLE if you was on a track with him...at that time...nobody better say he wasnt having dudes shook...Pun would ofgot bodied..matta fact he did on Fantastic Four
laugh.gif
..but Pun was aoverball better

oh yeah Pun specifically sampled Bis voice on that song he had with Black Thought cuz that was the song he was hoping to get Canibus to be on with him"super lyrical" but Bis flaked...

So if Cannibus would have outshined him like you all believe why did he flake a dozen or so times? Convenient sickness I presume?

Back
Top Bottom