Caption This Photo

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Kim is looking more white everyday

Isn't she "white"? Her mom is of European descent (I think Irish and Scottish) and her dad was Armenian. I would classify her as Caucasian.

She ruined her face with awful plastic surgery.

Originally Posted by shaolin

71odhu.jpg

more like "B**** smell like fish"

"I can smell the fish from up here."
Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Isn't she "white"? Her mom is of European descent (I think Irish and Scottish) and her dad was Armenian. I would classify her as Caucasian.

that's racist, just as bad as calling all latin people mexican.
smh.gif
Are you confusing the social construct of "race" with ethnicities and nationalities? If not explain how what was said is racist.

smh.gif

Excuse me? Please, enlighten me. Show me the racism I spewed in my post.

smh.gif

Excuse me? Please, enlighten me. Show me the racism I spewed in my post.

actually even indians and arabs are caucasian...its physical type, not race...word to darwin.

saying, "isn't she half scottish/irish from her mother, and armenian from her father" *shrug* "i'll just call her white even though that's not what she is"

that's what i'm addressing as racism, and if not that, than a form of ignorance. call people what they are.
Huh?
grin.gif

What I said is neither ignorant nor racist.

Just wikipied her and her mother is of Scottish and Dutch descent, and it is known her father is Armenian. She is definitely of the Caucasian race. What isracist or ignorant in that statement?

I'm confused. Other than race being an artificial construct, since when have Armenians not been white?

i know she's half white, that's not what's wrong with your statement. you said you would "just" call her white because she has some in her, ignoring the fact that she's mixed. so you see, it's more of a problem i have with people calling someone "white" when they're ignoring the other 50% of that person b/c it's inaccurate. can't put it any simpler than that if you still don't understand.

and never use wikipedia in an arguments of facts
laugh.gif

She's not half white either. She's fully Caucasian. I just used Wikipedia on her profile to see her background which is actually a fact since she saidsaid that herself before of her background. Instead of Dutch, I thought her mom is Irish. She is of mixed ethnicity, but not race.

From her mother's side, she is Caucasian and from her dad's side as well. Armenians are Caucasian, since they come from theCaucasus and Armenia is located in the Eurasian region and can be considered as part of the European and Asian continent, but they consider themselvesEuropean. They are typically referred to as "Indo-European".

So, you just threw the racist and ignorant remarks at me with no basis. I think you are the ignorant one.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

I'm confused. Other than race being an artificial construct, since when have Armenians not been white?
I agree about race being a social, artificial, and abstract construct and concept. That is why it is difficult at times to classify people intoracial categories and designations. There are no firm boundaries between different groups of people, but rather gradual changes in gene frequency acrossgeographical boundaries. But, if we will argue about Kim K's race and what she would be classified as in terms of artificial racial construct, she is 100%Caucasian.

Anyways, case closed.Some people should think before they type and then pointing out that others are racist and ignorant.

Nike Star Jay, it's all good.

No need to derail thread further.

Nike Star Jay, I see where you're coming from. I get annoyed too when people ignore someone's rich background and ethnicity. But, in this case,that's not what Hazel was doing.

Anyway, back to the thread...

Back
Top Bottom