Cardigans and Cigars Clothing Vol...

im sorry i know you said you had to start somewhere, but if you're gonna call you brand cardigans and cigars i would expect to see at least one cardigan on the site. or even a cigar oriented graphic...
nothing on that site embodies the white boy tags black boy swag style the name suggests.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Not bad. A bit of constructive criticism:

1. It seems incomplete. I understand things are still in the works and you want to get the name out and start a buzz but first impressions are everything. If the first impression is that it looks like every other company trying to start a clothing line on a few logo tees and hoodies, I'm not gonna keep checking for it. If there are cardigans in the mix and some more original looking pieces coming, wait until you have those done before presenting the whole line.

2. I think any company starting out should only have like 1 or 2 graphic tees. Unless the graphic is especially clever, catchy, or thought-provoking, I have NO reason to want to wear the name of your little-known company on my chest.

Other than that, it's a well-organized site and presentation. I think with a little more originality and some more inspired pieces it can do well, just has to stand out. Streetwear is flooded with companies, you gotta have a reason to want to cop something.

Thank you for this feedback, I 100% agree with you. We will def be releasing our Cardigan collection in the fall but as of right now due to the weather heating up and summer right around the corner we thought it wouldn't be a good idea, but I do agree with your statement

First off, congrats on pursuing your dream. I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while and I might just go through with it too.

The tees and sweater look pretty dope. I would work on some of the designs a little more though. Maybe add a couple more things and it'll be good to go.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by bence23

streetwear is dead
It's really not though.

Its not as big as it was a few years ago. Obviously the more established brands will thrive, Supreme, Stussy etc. But I doubt streetwear will get bigger, its only gonna diminish. Its gonna take a while though.

Originally Posted by stackz

First off, congrats on pursuing your dream. I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while and I might just go through with it too.

The tees and sweater look pretty dope. I would work on some of the designs a little more though. Maybe add a couple more things and it'll be good to go.
Thanks, I'm going to take all of the advice I've received and make some changes. I appreciate it fellas. Thanks to the few NT's who bought some things, I appreciate it
pimp.gif

As other folks have already mentioned, no actual cardigans or cigar graphics. What's the reason behind the name? Do you actually smoke and know a lot about cigars? IMHO, I also think it's silly to have a clothing item as a brand name.
Coming soon:

Sweaters and Whiskey

Socks and Vodka

Tanktops and Beer

P.S. Everyone calls themselves a "lifestyle brand" these days.

Thanks fellas for even taking the time to view the merch and providing criticism... Positive and negative, it all helps us grow. Don't forget to enter the promo code for 15% off

." It seems incomplete. I understand things are still in the works and you want to get the name out and start a buzz but first impressions are everything. If the first impression is that it looks like every other company trying to start a clothing line on a few logo tees and hoodies, I'm not gonna keep checking for it. If there are cardigans in the mix and some more original looking pieces coming, wait until you have those done before presenting the whole line."

Best advice in the thread... with that said a few of the pieces are pretty good but your facing ALOT of comp with this style of clothing. But salute for starting your own brand i've thought hard about starting my own but like you said the money needs to be right.

the "inked" crew is pretty dope, but other than that, it looks like all other streetwear brands.

goodluck tho

The clothes are the complete opposite of what I think of when I hear a brand called "Cardigans and Cigars." When I opened the thread I was thinking JCrew, Brooks Brothers, etc but instead got graphic tees. Son, I am disappoint.

I thought this was doing to be a thread about what clothes to wear when smoking cigars heavy. I was about to say cardigans aint good for cigar smoking.

Anyway, the name is cool.

Back
Top Bottom