Cardigans and Cigars Clothing Vol...

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

The clothes are the complete opposite of what I think of when I hear a brand called "Cardigans and Cigars." When I opened the thread I was thinking JCrew, Brooks Brothers, etc but instead got graphic tees. Son, I am disappoint.
this

tyisny wrote:
." It seems incomplete. I understand things are still in the works and you want to get the name out and start a buzz but first impressions are everything. If the first impression is that it looks like every other company trying to start a clothing line on a few logo tees and hoodies, I'm not gonna keep checking for it. If there are cardigans in the mix and some more original looking pieces coming, wait until you have those done before presenting the whole line."

Best advice in the thread... with that said a few of the pieces are pretty good but your facing ALOT of comp with this style of clothing. But salute for starting your own brand i've thought hard about starting my own but like you said the money needs to be right.

and this.

ima be honest, this looks like you put barely any effort into this. the designs, logos, etc dont look orginal at all, the skull reminds me of the marc ecko cut and sew logo he use to have, the C looks like a crooks fitted i got, the tank is what black scale is doing right now, the crown reminds me of those corny "King" of NY Mi gente did a while back,  what im trying to get at here is that if i (the customer) sees your brand and can tell it resembles another brand i wont take it serious and will keep it moving. the graphics didnt even looked like they were touched up, or done right. your dream is dead tee has a good qoute but badly executed. the name of the brand doesnt correlate with anything that i saw, cardigan and cigars? i thought it was a cut and sew line, maybe some graphic tees with some kind of references to the brand, not some cafepress glorified tees.

i respect the fact that youre chasing your dream, but like its been stated first impressions are everything. you have your site layed out right. i would work more with a web designer, work on the colors, i pics r fine.

i would say put some heart and effort into this, yeah you might not knock it out the park with your first designs, but you can always go back to the drawing board and keep it moving. life is about trial and error, you learn from your mistakes. who are you trying to appeal to ? im 27 and i would not wear any of these tees, maybe a 18y/o kid, think about your audience....

theres 10000000000+ brands out there, what sets you apart from the rest?
hope u take this the right way, just being honest.

Yo keep doing your gig... not everybody wants to look pretty, with skinny jeans and big frame glasses... let us not forget... that the streets is where this thing we love so much started..

lifestyle brands is a nice way of saying, sorry we only do print graphics but want to pretend like we have other fashion aspirations.

Damb it BobbyHundreds, these kids listened to you and want to market a lifestyle.

Unfortunately, it's often fabricated or superficial at best

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by bence23

streetwear is dead
It's really not though.
Those dozens of brands that popped up are.  Loud, all over print, bright colored clothes really aren't that popular anymore.  All the successful brands now have stuff that looks like J. Crew, Polo, Carhartt, lumberjack stuff.

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

ima be honest, this looks like you put barely any effort into this. the designs, logos, etc dont look orginal at all, the skull reminds me of the marc ecko cut and sew logo he use to have, the C looks like a crooks fitted i got, the tank is what black scale is doing right now, the crown reminds me of those corny "King" of NY Mi gente did a while back,  what im trying to get at here is that if i (the customer) sees your brand and can tell it resembles another brand i wont take it serious and will keep it moving. the graphics didnt even looked like they were touched up, or done right. your dream is dead tee has a good qoute but badly executed. the name of the brand doesnt correlate with anything that i saw, cardigan and cigars? i thought it was a cut and sew line, maybe some graphic tees with some kind of references to the brand, not some cafepress glorified tees.

i respect the fact that youre chasing your dream, but like its been stated first impressions are everything. you have your site layed out right. i would work more with a web designer, work on the colors, i pics r fine.

i would say put some heart and effort into this, yeah you might not knock it out the park with your first designs, but you can always go back to the drawing board and keep it moving. life is about trial and error, you learn from your mistakes. who are you trying to appeal to ? im 27 and i would not wear any of these tees, maybe a 18y/o kid, think about your audience....

theres 10000000000+ brands out there, what sets you apart from the rest?
hope u take this the right way, just being honest.
Thanks for this feeback, very constructive and I will take it all into consideration.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

The clothes are the complete opposite of what I think of when I hear a brand called "Cardigans and Cigars." When I opened the thread I was thinking JCrew, Brooks Brothers, etc but instead got graphic tees. Son, I am disappoint.

Haha sorry to disappoint, our Cardigans and Polo Collection drops this fall

Originally Posted by AsphaltRomance

Yo keep doing your gig... not everybody wants to look pretty, with skinny jeans and big frame glasses... let us not forget... that the streets is where this thing we love so much started..
Thanks for the encouragement, we take all the feedback with a grain of salt and it will only make us better at our craft.

Sorry for all the responses, didn't know how to do it all in one
ohwell.gif

Music is finally off of the site as well, thanks for the heads up Nt. We are launching a new Collection early next month and the new
designs are
pimp.gif
... Our audience has grown and majority of the people are responding to the brand really well. We have some great
things in the works for Cardigans and Cigars that will help strengthen the brand. Thanks for the feedback as always

montanaw.jpg

Sorry for the huge picture didn't know how to re-size
embarassed.gif
but French Montana rocking our snapback and tee
pimp.gif

Edit: Photo taken for beats by dre

Back
Top Bottom