Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

Wayne fans dont seem to be disappointed that the album sucked. They happy bout his numbers like they work at Universal or somethin.

My guilty pleasure as a fan is Wayne. (pause.) I think he's just another terrible rapper who is entertaining. like Waka or Gucci. I would never buy any of their albums cuz its not worth it but you know how it is. People wont accept Wayne for what he is because he is so big. Theere is no reason to hate him but the true fact of the matter is he is so big because of his brand. In reality he is not running anything because he doesnt have the quality to back up his success. His best lyrical song is How To Love  and he didnt even write that
laugh.gif
. Thats cool and all but the problem I have is people acting like thats ok because he is selling and getting money. I didnt start listening to music so i can be entertained by artists popularity like yal seem to do but by the music he/she makes. Using "Hes winning, yal mad" as an excuse for an artist dropping a dud is corny. This CERTAINLY goes for JAY-Z fans too who have been doin this for a decade now.

People act like they are "mad" for illegitimate reasons, I could care less how much the guy sold but your a stan if you think his last album is good or top notch, it was just awful. The music from all of these artists (Wayne, Nikki, Drake) is commercial pop garbage, shame what Hip Hop has been turning into.

Its an accomplishment to sell that many albums with the way the music industry is and I'll give any artist props for selling, but I'll be damned if I'm called a hater because I said the album sucked, it DOES suck.
laugh.gif

Dudes are getting upset over what the game is/has turned into, %#*@ is now catered to young kids. Shoot, all of these new Hip Hop artists in general are like Disney artists just to make money and its diluted the quality of the music ten fold. As long as the artist is young, has a "young" image, dresses like a hipster, and has a catchy hook on an emo/simp song they will sell.
sick.gif

But no......THEY RUN %#*@ AWW YEAH HATERS GON HATE, WAKA !! are the kind of troll responses I see, not surprised.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

People act like they are "mad" for illegitimate reasons, I could care less how much the guy sold but your a stan if you think his last album is good or top notch, it was just awful. The music from all of these artists (Wayne, Nikki, Drake) is commercial pop garbage, shame what Hip Hop has been turning into.

Its an accomplishment to sell that many albums with the way the music industry is and I'll give any artist props for selling, but I'll be damned if I'm called a hater because I said the album sucked, it DOES suck.
laugh.gif

Dudes are getting upset over what the game is/has turned into, %#*@ is now catered to young kids. Shoot, all of these new Hip Hop artists in general are like Disney artists just to make money and its diluted the quality of the music ten fold. As long as the artist is young, has a "young" image, dresses like a hipster, and has a catchy hook on an emo/simp song they will sell.
sick.gif

But no......THEY RUN %#*@ AWW YEAH HATERS GON HATE, WAKA !! are the kind of troll responses I see, not surprised.

Be prepraed for random "Umad?" gifs, "oh.", a bunch of other flame type responses that completely overlooks your point. Great sales for the sake of rap/hip hop, but sadly it's for
one of the bottom rap albums of the year.

laugh.gif

sick.gif

This man speaks the truth right here. Props to him for getting his numbers and making money but the album is garbo. Just because it sells a million doesn't mean it's legendary or incredible artistically. I mean honestly Wayne and Baby are just a bunch of fake biters. I mean their whole brand was copied from the movie New Jack City and last I checked the first CMB in music was Color Me Badd. Why would you brand your name anything close to that. But hey I guess it was so long ago people have forgotten.

The other thing is that if the sales were completely legitimate then Baby wouldn't have to do all these interviews refuting the rumors. Sounds a little fishy to me. But hey he's platinum again which he's done already so why is it such a big deal now. People acting like it's the only album to do that ever.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by u ttocs

wayne's previous album sold a million copies in a week. wayne's current album sold a million in a week. wayne's protege's drake and nikki are platinum sellers. i am not a human went gold without any promotion or videos. baby can't be buying all these albums
laugh.gif
, his fans are a cult and they're buying multiple copes to get him these numbers. wayne runs the game, get over it.

Thread/.

laugh.gif

sick.gif

That's your opinion G, there are others like myself, who think otherwise.

Sep 7 2011 11:44 PM EDT 1,319
[h1]Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock Marvel At Carter IV Sales[/h1][h2]'That was a cold marketing strategy,' Compton MC K.Dot says of Lil Wayne's VMA album push on 'RapFix Live.'[/h2]
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Sway Calloway (@realsway)

Text Size Decrease Increase

Everyone is talking about Lil Wayne and his super successful first-week sales of Tha Carter IV.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:687805
bttn_play.gif

On Wednesday (September 7), after news officially broke that Weezy had sold 964,000 copies of C4, — more than 300,000 of which were purchased digitally through iTunes — Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock and Freddie Gibbs sat on the "RapFix Live" couch and touched on Tunechi's win in the face of illegal online downloading.

"I think it's a great thing. First and foremost, the Internet — I have no negative [or] bad words about the Internet," Kendrick said. "When I was distributing my music locally in Compton, Gardena, Watts, I was stuck right there, I couldn't get the word to spread," he recalled of his California-area 'hoods.

Now, the young spitter is known worldwide — on the Web and beyond.

Although C4 leaked several days before it hit retail outlets on August 29, it didn't seem to affect the first-week tally too much. And this past summer, both Game and the Throne, like Wayne, debuted at #1 on the Billboard albums chart. So while some still moan and groan, blaming the Net for the music industry's overall sales slump, Kendrick points to Wayne, Game, Jay-Z and Kanye West as shining examples."It shows that people still support music and wanna go out there and buy, especially if it's good music," he said.

Birdman says Cash Money didn't purchase any copies of Carter IV

Jay Rock was equally impressed, especially considering that Wayne had to reestablish himself after serving an eight-month prison term in 2010.

"When the big homey told me Wayne sold a million records, I was like, 'Wow, that is big for him coming out of jail and everything; that's a good look,' " Rock said.

K. Dot noted the marketing strategy that had Wayne closing out the 2011 Video Music Awards, and then releasing his album digitally on iTunes right afterward. "That was a cold marketing strategy," he smiled

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

laugh.gif

sick.gif

That's your opinion G, there are others like myself, who think otherwise.

Anyone who uses the phrase "You're a stan/hater if you like/don't like __________" shouldn't be replied to. Let them stay ignorant.

Lady Gaga and Wayne both have a lot of gay fans.

And like that article says, most Wayne fans don't even know how to pirate music.

Furthermore, this news makes me so upset I'm about to hit the report button.

Originally Posted by Loyal Flyness

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by u ttocs

wayne's previous album sold a million copies in a week. wayne's current album sold a million in a week. wayne's protege's drake and nikki are platinum sellers. i am not a human went gold without any promotion or videos. baby can't be buying all these albums
laugh.gif
, his fans are a cult and they're buying multiple copes to get him these numbers. wayne runs the game, get over it.

Thread/.

sick.gif

There it is.  100% Truth.

Lil Wayne is merging into a pop, rap, rock artist and has polished his trade to hypnotize both female and male audiences, hence his last performance was a perfect example of it.

I aint hatin let him do him, he seems to be enjoying life.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

sick.gif

There it is.  100% Truth.

Yep.
Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Adele STILL doing big numbers

Word
sick.gif

Looking at those numbers again is crazy...how you outsell WTT like that though? Damn!  

Then I have some dude tell me WTT sold a mil in 3 days.
indifferent.gif
. I don't rock with Wayne but if we talking numbers then it is what it is.

^^^^Cause Carter 4 buzz >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Watch the Throne buzz
4 Billboard charting singles vs 1 brick of a single released 6 months back & another single released 2 weeks before the album drops.
It's not tough to outsell when that happens.

I honestly don't care what he sells, I just don't want ANYONE to ever tell me he's the greatest or even top 10. His last few albums Rebirth, C3, C4 and Not a Human +*#+ are beyond unacceptable. Those albums automatically eliminate you from that discussion.

Congrats on the numbers, I'm mad impressed though

laugh.gif

sick.gif

Degrassi (Jimmy Brooks) would like to have a word with you 
wink.gif

i never got why u guys care so much about record sales. do they make his punchlines sound better or something?

aside from a few tracks, this album has got to be the most mediocre album that has came out in a while. the tracks that Wayne isn't on got to be the best stuff on this album
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

[h5][/h5]
[h5]September 7th, 2011[/h5][h2]All Hail Wayne.[/h2] Written by: Hyun Kim

So I’m Outside of the Club and You Think I’m a Punk

I joined in the Twitter banter when the disbelief kicked off. Someone in Florida responded saying that around his way, people don’t sit all day reading rap blogs, that they go to Datpiff to download mixtapes to listen to in their cars. He also pointed out that while he noticed New Yorkers were excitedly Tweeting about WTT’s release party in Miami’s LIV, most people in that city wouldn’t be let in to the club on any night, even if they could afford it.

The exclusive elite class was what hip hop used to rally against. WTT got criticized for being out of touch with their contingency. Jay-Z and Kanye are now the same establishment that they once sat outside of. Fully crossed over, not so much with their music but with their existence. They brag about hanging with Anna Wintour, Warren Buffet and Larry Gagosian and acquiring women and fashions with difficult spellings and pronunciations. They are brands, businesses, that don’t have to solely rely on rap for their lifestyle. Curated. Responsible to shareholders. Jay is married to the most flawless superstar in recent memory. It’s all so perfect.

C4 and Wayne are far from it. While the news of Jay’s unborn child breaks Twitter records, Wayne fathered four children with four women and got divorced when he was 24. He’s been to jail. He’s battled addiction. Wayne reminds you of people you know; he could be your friend or your cousin. To most, Jay and Kanye seem like people you aspire to be. As much as Wayne wants to be a goblin or an alien, he is more human, more real than Jay and ‘Ye. Hublot, who? They’re simply no longer relatable to the masses. Even when they get Frank Ocean of young people’s champions Odd Future it comes off forced. Of course he’d work with them, who wouldn’t? On the other hand, C4 features non-obvious, non-next artists like Tech N9ne, Shyne and Cory Gunz. Most influencers would’ve said no to those names in a focus group. But Wayne has them because he wanted them. It’s not methodical. It’s a little messy, like most of our lives. While it’s an event to bask in when Jay-Z smiles in his own video, Wayne is never not smiling. While Jay and ‘Ye are a business, man, Wayne, after 19 years as a rapper, still proudly claims to be a “blunt blowin’, Polo drawls showin’ / I don’t give a lovely mother**** !*% %%%#$.

Back
Top Bottom