Celts & Hawks both escape punishment for Game 4 Altercation

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3374218&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The Boston Celtics and Atlanta Hawks escaped discipline for a Game 4 skirmish in which Kevin Garnett pushed off a referee while players on both benches stepped onto the court.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Tuesday there would be no fines or suspensions. Four technical fouls resulted in a game Atlanta won 97-92 to tie thebest-of-seven series at two games apiece.

The confrontation started when Garnett cleared out Zaza Pachulia with an elbow, andthe Hawks forward went forehead-to-forehead with the Celtics star. A referee grabbed Garnett, but he, too, got a push as Garnett struggled to break free.

Celtics center Kendrick Perkins and Atlanta forward Marvin Williams acknowledged they stepped onto the court as they strained to see what wasgoing on. Such actions are barred in the NBA, especially with commissioner David Stern looking on.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

eek.gif

Wow $tern with the Double Standards, KG clearly pushed a ref and players left the Bench. Wow, just wow

SMH. Kendrick and Marvin step on the floor and there is no type of suspension????

i don't agree with the damn rule, but so be it and enforce it..Stern
eyes.gif

My thoughts...

Yes, I hate the C's...dislike KG...etc...I'll admit it.

That's not where I'm goin....the thing is the consitency.

Kobe gets a game for "arm flailing"...KG PUSHES a ref...nothin....go back to last year with the Suns...and now nothin...

Either suspended EVERYONE....or suspend NOBODY

I'm sorry.

image_6994947.jpg

Let a role player do that, let a player on the Hawks do that and see what happens

He set a precedent and now doesn't live up to it.

a bunch of bs

its easy Celts in the playoffs are good for the League and he knows it...should have been ejections there no questions
smh.gif

stern knows that if you suspend perkins and williams, then you gotta suspend garnett... and thats just not going to happen... especially with the series 2-2...he's a damn hypocrite
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
smh.gif

phoenix suns fans should be heated, cause they were so close to the 'ship last year... amare and diaw did the same thing and it cost them the series...this ain't a good look for the NBA...

That's pretty ridiculous. Also
laugh.gif
@ KG letting Zaza get all in his face and doing nothing and then trying to act all tough when the ref is trying to holdhim back...
smh.gif

KG pushed the ref out of the way should be atleast a game suspension the nba is ridiculous when it comes to who they wana fine/suspend and who they dont $ternplays favorites too much its never straight across the board

i knew stern would have some kind of answer for not suspending garnett and it just happens to be some kind of "neither team had any of their playerssuspended so i believe i was fair to both sides" nonsense which is pretty much his excuse for allowing garnett to play, i like garnett but its obviousthat he kept trying to shove the official off of him, at least this gives other players the opportunity to shove refs off of themselves from now on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Complete BS. Stern has no consistency, the Suns should file a complaint or do something

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

If Celtics win the championship add a * next to it.

Yea i hope KG gets suspended so when we do win. None of that *@#@ will go on
smh.gif

What the hell.. this guy was FRONT ROW, yet he doesn't see the need to suspoend anyone?

As stated earlier.. he knew if Perkins and Marvin were to be suspended, then so would KG.. possibly for more than 1 game, and Money Man wasn't with that.

I was more than satisfied with winning 2 games, but now I really hope we win this series... not becuase of my dislike for Boston fans, but mydislike for the Money Man, $tern.

Back
Top Bottom