Cement air max 90

I had an old pair of air max 90s that didn't fit me anymore and turned them into these.  This is my first custom all critisism is welcome.

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

It's good practice but I feel like when you try to paint the lines of one shoe over the lines of a totally different shoe it almost NEVER comes out looking right. It's better, IMO, to incorporate the inspiration from one shoe into the other, so maybe a cement outer toe-panel, white mudguard, black midsole, and white surrounding the air-bubble, white outsole. Or if you wanted it more simple, I would have just done a cement mud-guard and then black around the air bubble and that's it. Maybe color in the "Nike" on the tongue in red.

cement needs more detail, and the squashed photos don't do them justice.

we all started somewhere
smile.gif
try to keep future projects simple.

For youre first custom, i think you did a good job. The only problem i see is that black glossy paint around the air unit. you didnt finish painting the sole or top ridges black to make it look as if it was originally black.

It's good practice but I feel like when you try to paint the lines of one shoe over the lines of a totally different shoe it almost NEVER comes out looking right. It's better, IMO, to incorporate the inspiration from one shoe into the other, so maybe a cement outer toe-panel, white mudguard, black midsole, and white surrounding the air-bubble, white outsole. Or if you wanted it more simple, I would have just done a cement mud-guard and then black around the air bubble and that's it. Maybe color in the "Nike" on the tongue in red.
Agree with this.  The problem is that the cement at the front should go all the way to the back. but it looks good for your first time. 

Back
Top Bottom