Certification Programs

I thought you meant other types of code. I was going to tell you to get certified in Welding.
im pretty sure if he's not able to go to work or school he wont be able to weld anything 

computer programing is the future though 
smokin.gif

in terms of coding, as you get better and start to work on actual projects start creating a portfolio of your work

employers care a lot more about what you can show you have done than what a certificate says 

Thanks for the support guys, something like this hits you and just shakes your foundation a bit.

zapatohead408 zapatohead408 with the tumor I have im pretty much restricted to staying indoors. The only resource I have is my laptop.

So anything computer/ online based would work

No, I understand. :lol: I was just hoping to be able to help when I saw the thread title. Obviously changed when I saw the actual post.

Props to you for wanting to use your time wisely and stay productive. :pimp:

Hope all ends well with your situation and best of luck.

Welcome to NT and Good luck, fam.
We got you.
Glad to see you staying positive and finding ways to improve yourself while your in a tough spot. I know nothing about coding, but you're def on the right track. Instead of letting the situation bring you down, it's good that you're being productive. A lot of cats need to take note.

Do what you gotta do as far as the certification, and stay up. It'll definitely pay off once all this passes

Hope everything works out for you OP ...it's great to see you trying to still be productive with what you have to go through ...try to get some IT certs, they aren't to hard to do n there's alotta jobs available when you ready to get back to work

OP you doing it brah.

Not a lot of people in your situation would think to continue to improve themselves facing something like that. Props for not letting something like that keep you back. That's a survivalist mentality and it will def. help you overcome this small hurdle.

You would be suprised with what a laptop could help you do.

I was also gonna mention coding from that code academy website. A definite plus on a resume in a lot of sectors.

Besides that I would peruse Youtube for self-improvement videos. Maybe learn about selling items from foreign countries (drop-shipping). You could def. take an online class. I know certain universites offer free online classes.

Continue to improve yourself brah.

"Not a lot of people in your situation would think to continue to improve themselves facing something like that. Props for not letting something like that keep you back. That's a survivalist mentality and it will def. help you overcome this small hurdle."

That.

Good luck.

Hey NT, I hope you guys don't mind that I bump this. I'm just looking for somewhere to talk to, maybe a voice.

It's been about three weeks since I've made this thread, looking to do something positive but it's easier said than done. Treatments have really been putting me on my *** and the little energy i do have left gets spent with family.

Some days, like today, I wake up in not so great spirits. Some days I cry, some days I laugh. Some days I sit around feeling bad for myself.

I really have nothing to say. I was just looking for an outlet. Thanks

speak on it bro, hope everything works out ... and if you want some more stuff to keep you on your toes, check out some Project Management Institute (PMI) literature, mainly the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)...they certify the CAPM (certified associate in project management) and PMP (project management professional)...

you can eventually obtain CAPM, either through professional experience on a project or through class time...

the PMP is only available after 4500 hours of professional project management experience

either way, the PMBOK is a good read for furthering professional knowledge...

Last edited:
it's dope that your bettering yourself in a tough time. There's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your head OP.

If this happened to me I would be in the studio on some busta rhymes steez talmin bout

It's like.. music, for me man, it mean, it means everything, feel me
You know when we going through, our personal strives in life
You'know'what'I'm'sayin', we get up in that studio
Close that door, lock ourselves in, that little four-wall space man
Get in the vocal booth and become whoever you wanna be
Express whatever you wanna feel, you'know'what'I'mean?
When you going through your most frustrating time in life
You'know'what'I'm'sayin', you can realize that..
When you can't find nobody else to speak to
You can speak through the music

This **** really got a brother feeling depressed. So much is changing. So many things that I took for granted in the past gone. Friendships that I've made turn out to mean nothing during these tough times. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Back
Top Bottom