Charley Rosen's most overrated NBA players - Vol. CP3?

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

^ And I was going to add that I thought he was a secret Niketalker with that list.

CP?
nerd.gif

Whoa whoa whoa, what are you sayin here? You think this writer is stealing from me?
roll.gif
roll.gif

OH @#$%!!!!!!! Where the hell is Mo Will on this list? Oh wait, I guess he just sucks so bad, he can't even be included on the overrated list.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^ And I was going to add that I thought he was a secret Niketalker with that list.

CP?
nerd.gif

Whoa whoa whoa, what are you sayin here? You think this writer is stealing from me?
roll.gif
roll.gif

OH @#$%!!!!!!! Where the hell is Mo Will on this list? Oh wait, I guess he just sucks so bad, he can't even be included on the overrated list.
laugh.gif

727nsw.jpg

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

He's a streaky, low-percentage shooter with absolutely no conscience. His defense is strictly imaginary. His ball-handling skills are far below average for a backcourt player. He thinks he's a leader, but nobody wants to follow him.

indifferent.gif
Stopped reading right there

I'm not surprised. This dude has been hating Chris Paul since he got into the league. Must be the leader of the Julius Hodge fan club or something.

i knew this list was bogus as soon as i saw chris paul on there... and how come mcgrady isnt on that list

The guy who wrote this is an idiot.
I hate a lot of those players on that list but come on how can you say garnett and paul are overrated?

I don't take this writer articles serious anymore since he wrote about Ichiro Suzuki being over rated because all he does is hit for average anddoesn't hit home runs. What an idiot.

The following multi-talented players have led their respective teams nowhere for so many years that their being overrated is no longer news. Stephon Marbury, who only last week still insisted that he's the best point guard in the NBA. Dirk Nowitzki. Baron Davis. Peja Stojakovic. Amare Stoudemire. Vince Carter. Larry Hughes. Corey Maggette. Shawn Marion. Kenyon Martin. Tracy McGrady. Jermaine O'Neal. Wally Szczerbiak. And last and least, Allen Iverson.
Charley does know that Steph has been on that potent ++*% since he's been on starbury.tv and that youcan't take anything he is saying seriously.
As for this list...Wally Szczerbiak has never, ever been a multi-talented player, let's be real.

Originally Posted by CP1708

CP?
nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
You hurt Mo's feelings....

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I don't take this writer articles serious anymore since he wrote about Ichiro Suzuki being over rated because all he does is hit for average and doesn't hit home runs. What an idiot.

The writer wrote an article sayin all this?

Hmmm, maybe he is stealing from me........need to look this dude up or somethin.
laugh.gif

Totally ridiculous list. Having CP3 on there is too stupid to even address. I'll just point out that Rosen is wrong about this -- "When was the lasttime that a pipsqueak-sized point guard led his team to an NBA championship? Slater Martin with the St. Louis Hawks in 1958 - which means that while Paul'sHornets will be a good team, they'll never be good enough." As much as I don't like him personally, the Pistons wouldn't have won back toback titles 89/90 if it wasn't for Isiah Thomas and he's barely over 6 feet.

With respect to the other guys, I think Rosen is the one over-rating what they're rated. When's the last time you heard anyone suggest Chris Andersen,Stephen Jackson or Brad Miller were all stars? On Marcus Camby, the guy was averaging like 20 boards a game last year for a while. I don't thinkthat's possible to do while "rarely" getting rebounds in hostile or heavy traffic.

agree with a number of those, but other ones I dont think are even "rated": Harrington, Jax, Miller

I don't take this writer articles serious anymore since he wrote about Ichiro Suzuki being over rated because all he does is hit for average and doesn't hit home runs. What an idiot.

You think that's bad? I'm guessing you guys never saw this gem by Charley in February 2003:

A note to long-suffering Cavaliers' fans: Don't get caught in the LeBron James pipe dream. The best King James can ever be is an average NBA player.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/rosen/030227.html

Originally Posted by JD617

You think that's bad? I'm guessing you guys never saw this gem by Charley in February 2003:

A note to long-suffering Cavaliers' fans: Don't get caught in the LeBron James pipe dream. The best King James can ever be is an average NBA player.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/rosen/030227.html
Wow. Dude should have been immediately banned from publishing another basketball related article the minute he wrote that.

Back
Top Bottom